Author Topic: Throttle synchronization - Where is the "Adjusting screw"  (Read 3264 times)

Offline JhVenezuela

Throttle synchronization - Where is the "Adjusting screw"
« on: February 19, 2012, 09:14:53 AM »
Ready to do the throttle syncronization, vacuum instaled but i could not find the center adjusting screw ???
I have been finding it, with a mirror but i could not find.
Any help ?

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: Throttle synchronization - Where is the "Adjusting screw"
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 09:33:49 AM »
The throttle balance screw is right between throttle bodies #2 and #3, in the center of the TB assembly but it is tucked forward. You will need a mirror and a flashlight (torch in some countries) to see it. It is a Cross- head screw (like a Philips head) with a spring under the screw. It is really quite difficult to find and even more difficult to get a tool to it and actually adjust it. You are going to need quite a few really bad words for this one....

There is also an air- bleed screw in each throttle body which are also tough to get to. They are straight- slot screws, set somewhat deep in a well so you will need a fairly small screwdriver bit to reach deep enough to adjust them.

Both types of screw require a 90 degree drive tool of some kind.

Best of luck,
Brian

Ready to do the throttle syncronization, vacuum instaled but i could not find the center adjusting screw ???
I have been finding it, with a mirror but i could not find.
Any help ?
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline JhVenezuela

Re: Throttle synchronization - Where is the "Adjusting screw"
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 10:07:21 AM »
Finally, I did  ;D
Thanks.