Author Topic: ZGGTR vs COG Forum  (Read 27777 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: ZGGTR vs COG Forum
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2014, 06:37:15 PM »
Make sure you want to go there but if you insist, I can address that too.

Brian

Interesting to see some of the attitudes expressed here about the c-10 guys... and by whom. Steve
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2014, 06:39:11 PM »
Nothing to do with a C-10 or C-14 Jim, just more personal stabs. No problem though, the onlookers can draw their own conclusion and I am confident they will pick the right one....

Brian

I was wondering when a C10/C14 owner would start posting..  Thanks.  Although, as most threads go, it morphed from ZGGTR vs COG to C10 vs C14 owners.  As one of the older forum members who has owned both bikes, I can see both sides of this.  I'm glad for my 5 year stint with an '02, but even more glad to have experienced a C14.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2014, 06:45:30 PM »
What I don't get is how the c-14 guys so completely fail to understand the mindset of a c10 enthusiast. Let me put it this way... what car enthusiast wouldn't want a gen 1 camaro, mustang, firefird, etc... By todays standards they actually are rattly pieces of junk. They handle lousy, brake lousy, get lousy mileage, etc. But dammit they're just so damn cool! 60's on ss cragars puffing out side pipes! No technology, just a raw metallic vehicle. What's not to love! That's what it's like to have a c-10. It's not a c-14. You know it, I know it, we all know it. So what. Can you fix your bike on the side of the road with a paperclip? Do you c-14 guys know every square inch (we don't need no stinking milimeters) of your bike because your are the only mechanic your bike has had for years?  Is your bike uniquely yours, or is just like all the others kawasaki built?

What is the worst that I've read here is the c-14 guys who have done some hotrodding and code-cracking on the c-14 having an elitist attitude toward the c-10 guys. Honestly, y'all need to check yourselves. Hotrodding is hotrodding. Old or new, and enthusiasts are enthusiasts. To dis the c-10 guys - and virtually every thing I read about the frugality side is wrong - is to give the green light to others to minimize your efforts to improve your bike, because your bike isn't the same as theirs.

I have experienced riders who are so elevated by the marque they ride they cannot find it within themselves to wave, or even acknowledge a bike that's not the brand they ride, regardless of how fine a  machine it is. folks who have pre conceived notions about the rider, based on the bike he's riding. Y'all are sounding like you're "those" people. It's sad. JMO, Steve

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2014, 06:51:20 PM »
 :popcorn:

Nothing to do with a C-10 or C-14 Jim, just more personal stabs. No problem though, the onlookers can draw their own conclusion and I am confident they will pick the right one....

Brian

Right...

"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2014, 06:54:37 PM »
OK, no problem, we can do it that way too.

Take a look at this thread folks, especially this post:
http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php/topic,50817.msg359094.html#msg359094

I think it profoundly shows the mindset and maturity level of all involved. It is called a 'dogpile' and is one of the poorer aspects of human nature.

While over there, take a look around at some of the poster's posts, mine included. Please, draw your own conclusions.

This thread will probably now get locked but no matter: it will also most likely stay visible for any / all to see, which I think is a good thing. Review, reflect and make your own decisions.

Brian

Y'all are sounding like you're "those" people. It's sad. JMO, Steve

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2014, 06:56:24 PM »
Why should the thread get locked?  It's just getting interesting.  Oh, you mean that thread over there...  I just read the first post...all I can say is  :yikes:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2014, 06:59:50 PM »
 :rotflmao:

True enough.

Grab a beer and strap on your seatbelt folks, we're heading into the storm :-)

Brian

Why should the thread get locked?  It's just getting interesting.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2014, 07:09:09 PM »
The disturbance is still coming, just a bit slow......

:rotflmao: two times.

Brian

Oh oh, I feel a great disturbance in the force.... note the time of this post (shiver me timbers).

Brian

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2014, 07:18:08 PM »
Brian,

i'm curious of why you felt you needed to carry the mantle on this. Why you chose to post that thread (though I appreciate that you did, I really only posted it for documentation ) As I don't see how it's germain to anything about this thread. It's looking clear to me that it's personal with you, but my comments weren't directed singularly to you or I would have directed them to you.

I'm going to make this my last post, so you can call me out however you want, I'm not here to provide your evening's entertainment. Rock on! Steve

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2014, 07:20:40 PM »
What I don't get is how the c-14 guys so completely fail to understand the mindset of a c10 enthusiast. Let me put it this way... what car enthusiast wouldn't want a gen 1 camaro, mustang, firefird, etc... By todays standards they actually are rattly pieces of junk. They handle lousy, brake lousy, get lousy mileage, etc. But dammit they're just so damn cool! 60's on ss cragars puffing out side pipes! No technology, just a raw metallic vehicle. What's not to love! That's what it's like to have a c-10. It's not a c-14. You know it, I know it, we all know it. So what. Can you fix your bike on the side of the road with a paperclip? Do you c-14 guys know every square inch (we don't need no stinking milimeters) of your bike because your are the only mechanic your bike has had for years?  Is your bike uniquely yours, or is just like all the others kawasaki built?

What is the worst that I've read here is the c-14 guys who have done some hotrodding and code-cracking on the c-14 having an elitist attitude toward the c-10 guys. Honestly, y'all need to check yourselves. Hotrodding is hotrodding. Old or new, and enthusiasts are enthusiasts. To dis the c-10 guys - and virtually every thing I read about the frugality side is wrong - is to give the green light to others to minimize your efforts to improve your bike, because your bike isn't the same as theirs.

I have experienced riders who are so elevated by the marque they ride they cannot find it within themselves to wave, or even acknowledge a bike that's not the brand they ride, regardless of how fine a  machine it is. folks who have pre conceived notions about the rider, based on the bike he's riding. Y'all are sounding like you're "those" people. It's sad. JMO, Steve

Hi Steve,
I sure hope brother that your post isn't directed at my post...  ???

If it is you either totally misunderstood my post or I did a crappy job of trying to type it...  :-[

I have no issue with C10's or there owners, I only meant that more often than not the personality types are different.

I do have respect for vintage bike's and can appreciate your comments above about C10's and their owners.

Me personally, I'm a huge fan (and have owned many) of old school oil-cooled Gixxers, but even on the Gixxer forums there are huge differences between the old oil-cooled owners and the newer more modern Gixxer owners, and I'm totally ok with that. I also like the newer Gixxers too, all good! My point is just that different strokes for different folks, we aren't all the same, but when the majority of a forum or group is one type of personality it can and does show in the "vibe/feel" of a forum, that's all.

We good?  ??? 

:) :grouphug: :chugbeer:

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2014, 07:33:26 PM »
Steve,

Right- WHO were you singling out on the C-10 post. I was making a funny and while you may or may not think it was funny, it was meant in a humorous manner. We have had our differences, and they obviously remain in place- fine and well. But I was happy enough to leave well enough alone since the brouhaha died on the other forum while you seem.... still interested. Also fine and well. But understand that our printed words are available for anyone to peruse and use to, correctly in my opinion, form an opinion.

Any entertainment provided is strictly at the expense of the provider :-)

For example: first there was a "drive by shooting"

http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php/topic,50898.msg358979.html#msg358979

But not really, just an 'idiot neighbor' shooting up the sky apparently.

http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php/topic,50898.msg359236.html#msg359236

Not sure what is going on down there but it sure is unusual compared with where I be's livin'.

1) no drive by shootings.
2) no idiot neighbors shooting up the sky.
3) LEOs keep the peace in the neighborhood.

In the words of a man far wiser than I, and I suspect (but do not know because I do not know you) you,

"I am loath to close. We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory, stretching from every battle-field, and patriot grave, to every living heart and hearth-stone, all over this broad land, will yet swell the chorus of the Union, when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature."
A. Lincoln

Let it go and I will also. Otherwise, it is nothing but fodder for the amusement of others.Either way, our own words will be our legacy.

Brian

Brian,

i'm curious of why you felt you needed to carry the mantle on this. Why you chose to post that thread (though I appreciate that you did, I really only posted it for documentation ) As I don't see how it's germain to anything about this thread. It's looking clear to me that it's personal with you, but my comments weren't directed singularly to you or I would have directed them to you.

I'm going to make this my last post, so you can call me out however you want, I'm not here to provide your evening's entertainment. Rock on! Steve

Offline turbojoe78

• Arena
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2014, 07:35:01 PM »

Hi Steve,
I sure hope brother that your post isn't directed at my post...  ???

If it is you either totally misunderstood my post or I did a crappy job of trying to type it...  :-[

I have no issue with C10's or there owners, I only meant that more often than not the personality types are different.

I do have respect for vintage bike's and can appreciate your comments above about C10's and their owners.

Me personally, I'm a huge fan (and have owned many) of old school oil-cooled Gixxers, but even on the Gixxer forums there are huge differences between the old oil-cooled owners and the newer more modern Gixxer owners, and I'm totally ok with that. I also like the newer Gixxers too, all good! My point is just that different strokes for different folks, we aren't all the same, but when the majority of a forum or group is one type of personality it can and does show in the "vibe/feel" of a forum, that's all.

We good?  ??? 

ZG, your post shows class.

I don't post often (I don't like to type) but I read all C10, open forum, arena, funny pages and the range posts. (on both sites)

Nice to see there are still gentlemen out there.  8)

As SISF said ... Rock On!
2014 ZG1400 Concours COG memb# 8645

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2014, 07:35:28 PM »
Yep, you are 'good' and 'brothers' and all that stuff. His post was aimed at me. Old news and old grudges. No concern of yours Jay.

Brian

Hi Steve,

<snip>

We good?  ??? 

Offline turbojoe78

• Arena
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2014, 07:49:52 PM »
Yep, you are 'good' and 'brothers' and all that stuff. His post was aimed at me. Old news and old grudges. No concern of yours Jay.

Brian

Brian,  do you find it acceptable to answer for someone else?

Or was that post just another one of your post's put out as humor?
2014 ZG1400 Concours COG memb# 8645

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2014, 07:59:33 PM »

True enough.

Grab a beer and strap on your seatbelt folks, we're heading into the storm :-)

Brian

Having just read the entire thread...if it hasn't been locked, I certainly would have locked it.  All I can say is...wow.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2014, 08:43:51 PM »

Brian

ZG, your post shows class.

I don't post often (I don't like to type) but I read all C10, open forum, arena, funny pages and the range posts. (on both sites)

Nice to see there are still gentlemen out there.  8)

As SISF said ... Rock On!

Cool, and thanks, I feel better now.  :) :chugbeer:

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2014, 09:15:57 PM »
Yeah, lot's of wow. But that is how it is. No matter, we will keep on keepin' on like always. I think things have improved a great deal overall. The constituents just cannot be dealt with in any short order, and frankly, most people don't even notice they are there. As always, the 'better angels of our nature' will come to pass and the haters and disruptors will go to the sidelines eventually.

And besides all of that, it is a good service to the general community that they expose themselves by collectively slapping each other on the back in the typical school yard mentality of third graders. Others looking on should easily be able to see the true nature of everyone involved and move on.

Brian

Having just read the entire thread...if it hasn't been locked, I certainly would have locked it.  All I can say is...wow.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2014, 09:17:51 PM »
Not sure what you mean or are referring to but your pack will reward you with a beer, I am sure of that. Stay behind the Alpha and all will be well.

Brian

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2014, 09:18:44 PM »
So Jim, it is it getting more interesting ?

Brian

Why should the thread get locked?  It's just getting interesting.  Oh, you mean that thread over there...  I just read the first post...all I can say is  :yikes: .

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2014, 09:31:18 PM »
Nope, no humor. Anyone who shows respect to his 'superiors' will fair well and they will have no problem. It is those who will not genuflect to the 'powers that be' (at least in their own minds) who risk peril.

Youse guise are funny.

Brian