Poll

I just GOTTA know.  You should:

Give your standard wave or otherwise cool hand signal.
62 (86.1%)
Check to see if anyone is looking and THEN wave.
2 (2.8%)
Follow them til they stop and see if they will tell how much they REALLY paid.
2 (2.8%)
Fein vision problems and stare straight ahead.
5 (6.9%)
Go buy one yourself so you can see how they feel.
1 (1.4%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Author Topic: Do you wave to Can-Am Spyders or not?  (Read 25382 times)

Offline Uglydog56

• I'd rather be lucky than good.
Re: Do you wave to Can-Am Spyders or not?
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2011, 02:00:40 PM »
I decided to heck with it and wave at can-ams, but I also wave at cops on bikes and idiots (and savvy riders) on harleys.  I also wave at all the kids who look.  And, the hot girls.  I usually don't wave a scooters unless it's nasty outside.  I grew up in central Nebraska where you waved at every car you met on the way to town (both cars).  However, I don't like it when the can-am's take up 3 motorcycle parking spots at work.  Go park with the other things that won't fall over when you stop, this is my parking place.  >:(
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 02:18:24 PM by Uglydog56 »
Rick A. Cone
COG #9186
98 Connie, 76 CB400F

Offline Two Skies

• Arena
  • Road? What road?!?
« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2011, 04:27:45 PM »
Bob, I hope you don't run across any unicycles!

I try to wave at anyone riding something in the open air with a motor.....If it's safe at the time.

I don't usually wave at bicycles unless they wave first....I don't know why, I guess it has to have a motor.  :-\

Gotta say, if I ran across a motorized Unicycle on the road, I'd probably be too distracted to remember to wave (must remember to keep eye on road)...

http://www.google.com/search?q=motorized+unicycle&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1073&bih=636
2006 w/50,000+ miles and a few bruises.

MCL Fork Brace & Handlebar Risers.  Bergmen Quick Release Tank Kit, Pilot GT Front/Avon Venom Rear tire.  Trunk w/spoiler.  NGK DR8EIX plugs.  Piece of foam in airbox.  Beads on seat.  Bafflectomized.  Murphs Kneesavers & Fuse Block.  Cee Bailey Winscreen w/vent.  Heated grips.  'Custom' mirrors.

Offline Cavediver

« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2011, 04:35:53 PM »
  If I'm riding up around St. Johns and see T-Cro riding his Ural. How do you wave in Russian?

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2011, 05:55:47 PM »
  If I'm riding up around St. Johns and see T-Cro riding his Ural. How do you wave in Russian?

If you see my Ural up around St. Johns call the police cause someone stole the dam thing; I live in Saint Joseph MI not Saint Johns Canada or Saint Joseph Missouri and I'd never take that wobbly critter pass 100 miles from home. As to doing the Russian wave? I think that you tip your hand in front of your mouth as though you are taking a drink of vodka!
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline Cavediver

« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2011, 07:30:04 PM »
 My mistake I was thinking St. Joseph and it came out St. Johns.

Jack

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2011, 07:41:42 PM »
My mistake I was thinking St. Joseph and it came out St. Johns.

Jack

It's ok.... Over on a gun forum that I frequent they are asking me how I was doing cause they thought I was in Saint Joseph Missouri where all the flooding was taking place.
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline oldsmoboat

« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2011, 07:49:10 PM »
I never initiate wave but I return them.

Offline Bob Young

« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2011, 10:06:01 AM »
 :)
I wave at 'em all; it's not what you ride, it's that you ride. My '86 Concours may be the last bike I buy. At 72, and counting, after my stroke the Concours is a little heavier than I remember.
I've seriously considered a Can-Am, but with the economy and the price of a new one  or even a used one, I don't see one in the immediate future. The milage ain't that great either!
I can only hope that I can continue to ride for many years to come. At 92K+ the Concours is doing great. Some stick coils, block off plates, a shift lever "upgrade" and a j-box "re-furbishing" are on the list and I'll keep on riding.

Take care and ride safe,
Bob Young

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2011, 10:18:39 AM »
I never initiate wave but I return them.

+1  Maybe I'm burned out on the wave... I'll always return them if I get one.  If I'm out in BFE Nowhere, and run across another rider, I'll toss out a wave.  When you are away from the city, in the middle of nowhere, it's the true riders you run across... posers aren't 500 miles away from home enjoying the ride, 2 or 3 wheels (well... except for 2 weeks out of the year, in a certain town, in a certain state, for an event... called Trailergis  j/k ;D

What used to be something of a cageless bond, became "class" warfare to some... I'll wave at this bike or that type, but not those.  It shouldn't matter what you ride, 2 or 3 wheels... it's that you ride... it's a community we belong to.       
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline alexx45

• 2009 Black C14
« Reply #69 on: May 17, 2011, 10:40:55 AM »
I wave to them all. I don't care what you're on or who you are. To me it is a gesture of friendship, comaradarie & acknowledgement as fellow riders. As for those who don't wave back I must admit to having been distracted by traffic or road conditions so I'm not always able to wave back. I usually assume the same for those who fail to return my wave. ;D
Life is good.... At least from my perspective.
2009 Concours 14
2005 Suzuki Bandit

Offline Rod Bensken

« Reply #70 on: May 17, 2011, 11:14:53 AM »
I wave at all bikes and trikes no matter what make or model. And that will even include scooters. I don't care what you ride. It's that your ride for me!

I give three wheelers the three finger solutes. Bikes normally get the two finger solute!

Glad I don't ride a uni-cycle....

Offline koval68

« Reply #71 on: May 17, 2011, 11:42:37 AM »
I wave at all bikes and trikes no matter what make or model. And that will even include scooters. I don't care what you ride. It's that your ride for me!

I give three wheelers the three finger solutes. Bikes normally get the two finger solute!
So, I guess this poor kid on Uno-Cycle will get the one finger solute from you?   ;D
Tom"Killer"Kowalski   COG#9263  Newmarket,Ontario
"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need,  but not every man's greed."
- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Toxz Qwaste

• Arena
  • stuff & things
« Reply #72 on: May 17, 2011, 11:48:50 AM »
I usually return a wave to anyone on less than 4 wheels. I actually enjoy waving at the kid mopeders (mopedists?) in my town. That's how I got started on 2-wheels.

Offline XHarleyRider

« Reply #73 on: May 17, 2011, 01:27:31 PM »

I think that anyone who is too "clickish" to wave at Scooters, Trikes, HD etc is someone I would just as soon not ride with at all.

Where would my Ural Tourist with Sidecar class as far as they were concerned? Would they think it does not rank as a motorcycle and unworthy of a wave? Come try and ride one without any training and you will find that it is so much harder to master than a bike.

I would give a fist pump to anyone running a sidecar rig.  That is something that I'd like to learn.  I have a disabled daughter that I think would really like riding in the sidecar someday. 

Offline Two Skies

• Arena
  • Road? What road?!?
« Reply #74 on: May 17, 2011, 02:30:16 PM »
So, I guess this poor kid on Uno-Cycle will get the one finger solute from you?   ;D

Possibly...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fonzie
2006 w/50,000+ miles and a few bruises.

MCL Fork Brace & Handlebar Risers.  Bergmen Quick Release Tank Kit, Pilot GT Front/Avon Venom Rear tire.  Trunk w/spoiler.  NGK DR8EIX plugs.  Piece of foam in airbox.  Beads on seat.  Bafflectomized.  Murphs Kneesavers & Fuse Block.  Cee Bailey Winscreen w/vent.  Heated grips.  'Custom' mirrors.

Offline Connito

« Reply #75 on: May 17, 2011, 02:32:43 PM »
I wave at everyone. Doing the friendly thing doesn't require a response.

I wave at everyone ON a vehicle. While I admire DarrellB's attitude, I wave with two fingers to everyone, but if they don't return the wave, they get the single finger!

Cheers,
Pete
"Old enough to know what's right, but young enough not to choose it”

Offline JetJock

• 2010 Concours in wicked fast BLUE
« Reply #76 on: May 17, 2011, 02:53:03 PM »
Only if they're female and good looking!  8)

Offline Mr. Green Genes

« Reply #77 on: May 17, 2011, 08:31:01 PM »
I don't wave to Spyder Ryders.  I have ridden one and I would not want to be any part of encourageing any attempts at 1 handed operation.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #78 on: May 17, 2011, 09:09:12 PM »
I've yet to see one on the road...  ???

Offline Tremainiac

« Reply #79 on: May 17, 2011, 09:38:11 PM »
Sure! Why not?
One less cager is a plus for us.
Scooters? Absolutely!
More the merrier!  :grouphug:

Especially in the rain.
Hey mister, my sister has a Harley 'just' like yours!!
2009 Concours 14, 2003 Triumph Thunderbird Sport
1980 Honda CM400 street tracker, Grubee Skyhawk