Author Topic: Cafe Build of a C10  (Read 8353 times)

gpineau

Re: Cafe Build of a C10
« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2020, 07:29:30 PM »
Looks great. Ready to ride?

I'm ready but we are still under stay at home orders. Plus its snowing outside.

Offline sport rider

« Reply #81 on: April 13, 2020, 07:49:26 PM »
no snow here.  hoping to get out and ride a bit sometime this week or over the weekend.  poor bikes are sitting in the garage covered in pollen.   :'(

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2020, 08:33:12 AM »
I want a recording of a ride by, so we can hear it roar.

Ride safe, Ted

gpineau

« Reply #83 on: May 03, 2020, 12:25:34 PM »
Do you have the stock handle bars on your bike?
The bars on mine have been change to straight and level with the forks. I'm sure the previous owner did that to make you lean down behind the wind shield in a true racer position.

But it is a real pain to ride.  I have to lean forward to reach them and  it is very uncomfortable.  I cant ride for more that 30 minutes then my back gives out.   

Offline sport rider

« Reply #84 on: May 04, 2020, 08:19:15 AM »
Do you have the stock handle bars on your bike?
The bars on mine have been change to straight and level with the forks. I'm sure the previous owner did that to make you lean down behind the wind shield in a true racer position.

But it is a real pain to ride.  I have to lean forward to reach them and  it is very uncomfortable.  I cant ride for more that 30 minutes then my back gives out.

are you looking for stock C10 bars?  I think I have some and may have risers too.

gpineau

« Reply #85 on: May 04, 2020, 10:47:07 AM »
are you looking for stock C10 bars?  I think I have some and may have risers too.

OOPS !. I should have asked here first but I just bought some off ebay. Came to $48.00.
I thought about swapping out with my other C10 but then it would be uncomfortable to ride. 

Actually I am thinking of selling my other C10 and keeping this one. Since I lowered it, it is a little easier for me to handle. I can actually do a U-turn without stopping with this one. The  other one I have to tiptoe and walk it through a U-turn. Maybe if I lowered it too then I would have two keepers.  I have 4 bikes sitting here and my wife is wanting me to downsize. It's hard to decide what to keep.

If you have risers can you post a photo?

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #86 on: May 04, 2020, 03:53:40 PM »
OOPS !. I should have asked here first but I just bought some off ebay. Came to $48.00.
I thought about swapping out with my other C10 but then it would be uncomfortable to ride. 

Actually I am thinking of selling my other C10 and keeping this one. Since I lowered it, it is a little easier for me to handle. I can actually do a U-turn without stopping with this one. The  other one I have to tiptoe and walk it through a U-turn. Maybe if I lowered it too then I would have two keepers.  I have 4 bikes sitting here and my wife is wanting me to downsize. It's hard to decide what to keep.

Are you deciding between the bikes or the wife?   :)

Offline sport rider

« Reply #87 on: May 07, 2020, 01:54:49 PM »

sorry...no risers.  must have already given them to someone.  :(