Riding > It's not a Concours - other Bikes

Checked out the redesigned Goldwing (decided to get one)

(1/8) > >>

jamiemac:
Sat on a couple, and fiddled with the buttons. Seat seems comfy. Couldn't really get a good idea of foot peg placement and comfort. They offered me a test ride, but I'm not quite up to that yet. It appears smaller than the previous gen model that was parked close by. Also, it's supposed to be 100 pounds lighter. Looking forward to a test ride when My knee and shoulder are a little stronger. They're good looking machines.

eng943:
I've looked at it myself. Impressive, but not interested. Too much bike, I want less weight not more.

connie14boy:

--- Quote from: jamiemac on August 07, 2018, 06:12:27 PM ---Sat on a couple, and fiddled with the buttons. Seat seems comfy. Couldn't really get a good idea of foot peg placement and comfort. They offered me a test ride, but I'm not quite up to that yet. It appears smaller than the previous gen model that was parked close by. Also, it's supposed to be 100 pounds lighter. Looking forward to a test ride when My knee and shoulder are a little stronger. They're good looking machines.

--- End quote ---

I'm not quite ready for a double-butt Old Wing for 30k..

jamiemac:

--- Quote from: connie14boy on August 07, 2018, 09:45:03 PM ---I'm not quite ready for a double-butt Old Wing for 30k..

--- End quote ---
I wouldn't have been. Crashing my Connie and effing up my knee made riding a sport tourer a no-go. Plus, the Wing is available with airbags. No more faceplanting into minivans.

Rhino:

--- Quote from: eng943 on August 07, 2018, 09:12:47 PM ---I've looked at it myself. Impressive, but not interested. Too much bike, I want less weight not more.

--- End quote ---

Me too. That's why I went with a Multistrada. But now having put about 13,000 miles on the Multi, it is too top heavy. Almost 200 lbs lighter that the C14 but feels heavier pulling it off the side stand. Thinking about looking at something lighter but with a lower center of gravity. My son's FJR is only 40 lbs lighter than the C14 but feels smaller and lighter. Way easier pull it off the center stand than the Multi. IDK, maybe I'll take a look at the new Yamaha Tracer 900 GT.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version