Riding > It's not a Concours - other Bikes

Bought another K1600GT

(1/3) > >>

eng943:
Loved my previous K16GT, with the exception of it being a bit heavy and hard to maneuver when peddling around.

Now that it comes with reverse, much of that burden is gone. Admittedly, even my C14 could be a real problem backing up on the slightest grade, or peddling, etc.

The ergos are much more roomy, relaxed and more comfortable for me, and the six cylinder engine is still probably one of the most impressive engines I have ever experienced in a bike. 

The updates to the K16GT are very useful and impressive:

Reverse.
Hill start assist
Shift assist Pro
Dynamic ABS

I got a great deal with 0% and 42 month warranty on a leftover 2018.

This bike really is in between a goldwing and a C14 and kind of in it's own category. 

eng943:
Couple more pics. The color is Mars Red Metallic, and really changes tone in varying light conditions. 

jamiemac:
Man, that is cool! Looking forward to a ride report, and if there's noticeable differences between it and your last one.

just gone:
Congrats on the new bike! Looks nice, and I wish you much luck with it.
 I often thought that if I went that route that I'd get the GTL, so you're good
with just the side cases for trips or will you supplement with a bag on the pillion?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm curious about something that maybe you can answer. I'm assuming here that you have probably frequented some BMW forums 1600 sections
between the previous one you owned and during any research for the new one. It seems to me that (at least with the bags off) that the mufflers
on the 1600 are at least as bulbous as the C14 muffler is and there are 2 of them!....so do many of the BMW folks seem to have the same illogical hatred
for the mufflers ("bazooka"; "monstrosity"; "water heater"; "abomination"; etc) as many of the C14 folks do? 

eng943:

--- Quote from: fartymarty on February 16, 2019, 10:24:03 AM ---Congrats on the new bike! Looks nice, and I wish you much luck with it.
 I often thought that if I went that route that I'd get the GTL, so you're good
with just the side cases for trips or will you supplement with a bag on the pillion?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm curious about something that maybe you can answer. I'm assuming here that you have probably frequented some BMW forums 1600 sections
between the previous one you owned and during any research for the new one. It seems to me that (at least with the bags off) that the mufflers
on the 1600 are at least as bulbous as the C14 muffler is and there are 2 of them!....so do many of the BMW folks seem to have the same illogical hatred
for the mufflers ("bazooka"; "monstrosity"; "water heater"; "abomination"; etc) as many of the C14 folks do?

--- End quote ---

Actually, for rides with the wife, I do plan on buying the top case. However, what I plan to do is look for a used GTL top case that has the nicer backrest for my wife. Or I can add the GTL backrest to a GT case.

On the mufflers, you know I don't really recall seeing any complaining about the looks. I don't mind them at all. I did have a set of Akra's on my last one, and admit they look nicer. I may be tempted down the road to put a set of Remus slip on's onto it. Honestly though, it's kind of a waste of money.       

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version