Author Topic: Any takers on Wickenburg in March? ADV Event  (Read 6467 times)

Son of Pappy

Any takers on Wickenburg in March? ADV Event
« on: December 11, 2013, 09:43:16 PM »
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=22969344#post22969344

Riding down for the event and than looking to do a few legs of the newest Back Country Discovery Route (BDR).  Route hasn't been released yet, but I bet it will be soon ;D

Steve, you game?????  Break in that orange thingy, properly 8)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Re: Any takers on Wickenburg in March? ADV Event
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 03:43:47 PM »
I wanna go!  Not sure yet when in March/April/May I'll be out west and hopefully up your direction
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Son of Pappy

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 04:05:32 PM »
Make it happen!!  My schedule is looking awesome for next year, I will be in Rhode Island for the Twisted Throttle event (unsure on the date yet), 2 trips to Ft Bragg, a trip down to your neck of the woods in FL (Have a bike I can borrow so I don't get stuck on an HD?) for an MMT (Military Mentor Training), ADV Camps in ID, OR, and WA.  Lee Parks TCC Instructor training, minimum of 2 street based track classes, Hoh Rainforest ride, IMS booth and seminars in Seattle, a show in Canada, Desert 100 in Odessa, WA, 24 hours of Starvation Ridge, and who knows what else. 
Wickenburg will be the big kickoff for the season ;D

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 06:51:17 AM »
Make it happen!!  My schedule is looking awesome for next year, I will be in Rhode Island for the Twisted Throttle event (unsure on the date yet), 2 trips to Ft Bragg, a trip down to your neck of the woods in FL (Have a bike I can borrow so I don't get stuck on an HD?) for an MMT (Military Mentor Training), ADV Camps in ID, OR, and WA.  Lee Parks TCC Instructor training, minimum of 2 street based track classes, Hoh Rainforest ride, IMS booth and seminars in Seattle, a show in Canada, Desert 100 in Odessa, WA, 24 hours of Starvation Ridge, and who knows what else. 
Wickenburg will be the big kickoff for the season ;D

I have to work for a living, schedule meetings, etc. I'm going to try and work from Vegas or Phoenix some this upcoming year, but have to schedule it around meetings and such  :(
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Son of Pappy

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, 09:54:15 AM »
But, what I described is work ;D  Sure do look forward to some rides with ya!!

Son of Pappy

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 12:40:47 AM »
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0Kzr76Nh9pccuXgyj4DyHmxbO53niY49n
Spot link.  I leave early Sunday and will be back on the 30th.  I also started my own blog page, www.sop-dirt-rider.com/ I will add and update as I can and please be gentle, I am still learning the ropes!!

I get back the 30th of March, take 2 days for prep and onto Odessa WA and race the D100 on my F800GS.  Whirlwind 3 weeks of solid ADV rides in some really awesome locations.  Pics and stories will be shared.

Peace,

Chet

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2014, 07:22:28 AM »
^^^^  nice blog!

Son of Pappy

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2014, 07:30:59 AM »
Thanks Steve!  Finding time to write on the trail is more challenging than I thought.  Our first evening I was all set, sitting under some old growth redwoods, fresh coffee brewed using my little beer can alcohol stove, river bubbling along, and it started to sprinkle-which naturally turned into a hard down pour.  Wickenburg?  Well, there may have been time, but it seemed every time I turned around there was someone needing help with their bike or I was out riding, and what a ride we did Friday!!
Time is short, I trashed my rear brake pads and I am down to the backing plates, so off I go to Cycle Gear (yes, they actually have a set of pads!) to pull the back tire off, pluck the pads out and wait patiently for them to open so I can get back on the dirt!

Chet

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2014, 04:42:12 AM »
Pics from SOP...page 1

"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2014, 04:44:40 AM »
Page 2

"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2014, 04:45:40 AM »
Page 3  And we're all terribly happy that he is doing ok and having fun..

Offline Conrad

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2014, 04:59:48 AM »
 :thumbs:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2014, 08:23:23 AM »
Awesome pictures Chet. Love the tent.  :thumbs:

Offline Miss Silvera

• "Listen With Your Eyes"
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2014, 09:01:03 AM »
Glad   relieved and happy ;D

Have fun Chet!
"Listen With Your Eyes" 
Identify, Acquire, Press, Press, Move
Wit, Grit, Courage,and Determination .....
win gunfights

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2014, 09:17:29 AM »
 :thumbs: :thumbs:

Son of Pappy

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2014, 08:27:19 PM »
Wow!!  What a trip-made it to Boise from Lockhart Basin today, last push to home tomorrow.

Sorry to keep everyone hanging, 3800 miles the last 12 days, bunchs of them of the beaten path!!  Pics galore after the Desert 100 ;D

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2014, 09:03:13 AM »
More pictures?

Son of Pappy

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2014, 06:40:08 PM »
Just got back yesterday from racing the Kenda Desert 100 (on the F800GS). Electrical issues at the 13 mile point left me walking back to camp!!  Bike repairs and prep for 2 dirt classes this weekend take a priority, so as they say in sales, "Soon" on the pics ;D

I also ended up with another new bike.  A Beta Evo 300 :o

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2014, 08:40:51 PM »
Just got back yesterday from racing the Kenda Desert 100 (on the F800GS). Electrical issues at the 13 mile point left me walking back to camp!!  Bike repairs and prep for 2 dirt classes this weekend take a priority, so as they say in sales, "Soon" on the pics ;D
I was wondering where ya've been. Oh what it must be like to be retired.

I also ended up with another new bike.  A Beta Evo 300 :o
Didn't happen unless ya got pictures.  8)

Son of Pappy

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2014, 10:49:06 PM »
I was wondering where ya've been. Oh what it must be like to be retired.
Didn't happen unless ya got pictures.  8)
You don't FB?  So easy to upload pics, at least 20 times quicker and no sudden random drops..

SOP Dirt-Rider