Author Topic: Ohio amish area weekend 07/16/11  (Read 6373 times)

Offline DeansZG

Ohio amish area weekend 07/16/11
« on: June 27, 2011, 04:39:32 PM »

Headin' down into the Buckeye amish country from Michigan to do some ridin' on those great roads sat 7/16, return home Sunday 7/17.  We'll be staying in Winesburg sat. nite and more than likely, hitting up one of the local dining establishments for the evening meal. Anyone caring to join up for riding, dinner or both is welcome...
'99 C10 "MissTriss" *sold*
'04 ZZR1200 "Sweet heart" *sold*
'81 GL1100 Interstate "Puttz"*sold*
'00 K12LT..."Battleship Galactica".....

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
Re: Ohio amish area weekend 07/16/11
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 04:53:18 PM »
You do not wanna go there on the weekends......and the roads further South and South East from there are "much better". ;)
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline DeansZG

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 05:15:18 PM »
 Yep, all too familiar w/ the weekend blu-hairs that swarm to the area!!! Luckly, the wife & I have been "touring" :yikes: that area for the last 10 yrs. or so & have gotten quite familiar w/ the roads less travelled..  The group of misfits I ride with used Salt Fork SRP a month ago as our HQ for some throttle therapy & decided to bring the wimmen along this time ::)

Offline Shadowofshoe

• Arena
  • Mastiff pup/human pup
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 08:38:34 AM »

I love riding that area they take great care of the roads in holmes county especially...lemee talk to the boss,we haven't gone up there yet this year(hell..anywhere :()

Mike

Sooooo....we are about to be a Nation that makes you prove you have insurance-but it's not necessary to prove that you are indeed a Citizen of that Nation?

Offline Zman

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 12:35:54 PM »
I might be up for a ride........... The buggies scare me more than the blu-hairs......... I'd be up for a SE Ohio cruise as well

Offline Walker18

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 07:23:08 PM »
I might be up for a ride........... The buggies scare me more than the blu-hairs......... I'd be up for a SE Ohio cruise as well
                              I thought they traded those buggies in...
COG#8443                                                  
AMA# 1088783
2012 C-14  'Rudy'

Offline Shadowofshoe

• Arena
  • Mastiff pup/human pup
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2011, 08:06:15 PM »

I've ridden Amish county a lot and "it seems" if you are riding there you kinda tell where ya gotta watch for the things & you can see a long way on top of the hills. In high buggy area I don't think its smart the go outta a corner hotter in those areas than you handle a big right side pile of poop...(although they do flatten & move some ;D)

I love riding eastern Ohio roads, I'm just saying........

Mike
Sooooo....we are about to be a Nation that makes you prove you have insurance-but it's not necessary to prove that you are indeed a Citizen of that Nation?

Offline Shadowofshoe

• Arena
  • Mastiff pup/human pup
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2011, 08:18:29 PM »

I think I am in, & possibly Mona as well for Amish run..( both days maybe).

And I would also dig a S-E ride ,I know its hard to pull off these rides but a few a year is cool....Lemme know.   (Great Ohio Roads!

Mike

Mike

Offline Zman

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2011, 04:58:05 PM »
Just rode the 555 out of Zanesville to the 550 into Marietta.... WOW!! a twisty track..... Dinner on the river and super slab back to Columbus!! Ohio does have some jewels!!

Z

Offline Shadowofshoe

• Arena
  • Mastiff pup/human pup
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2011, 02:02:11 PM »
Just rode the 555 out of Zanesville to the 550 into Marietta.... WOW!! a twisty track..... Dinner on the river and super slab back to Columbus!! Ohio does have some jewels!!

Z
    Love me some 555,it was my avatar on the LT forum. My firm belief is that any Ohio road east of Zanesville noth or south that has 3 numbers in its designation is prolly worth checking out 8) 8)

Mike

Offline Zman

• Arena
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2011, 03:05:10 PM »
You've got that right shadow........ Work was slow so I bolted at 2, by the time I rolled into Marietta I was pretty tired....... There must have been hundreds of turns!! :-)

I live between New Albany and Johnstown if your ever looking for a ride.....

I head up 62 into Martinsburg run accross 541 to Coshocton (Great sweepers) and then into Amish country, makes for a nice half day gig.....

Offline Shadowofshoe

• Arena
  • Mastiff pup/human pup
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2011, 09:36:39 PM »
Headin' down into the Buckeye amish country from Michigan to do some ridin' on those great roads sat 7/16, return home Sunday 7/17.  We'll be staying in Winesburg sat. nite and more than likely, hitting up one of the local dining establishments for the evening meal. Anyone caring to join up for riding, dinner or both is welcome...

BTW-should cross post to the events section-prolly more people look there for upcoming rides or RTE's.
   mike

Offline Shadowofshoe

• Arena
  • Mastiff pup/human pup
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2011, 08:31:29 AM »

Any info on potential meeting spots or times, it looks like we may be able to arrive in area by 2-3pm as I must work a bit on sat am....and are ya heading home sun morning or doing some riding 1st?

Mike

Offline DeansZG

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2011, 03:33:28 PM »
    Any info on potential meeting spots or times, it looks like we may be able to arrive in area by 2-3pm as I must work a bit on sat am....and are ya heading home sun morning or doing some riding 1st?    Mike

Mike(& others),
    We're just playing it by ear. Can't really say where we'll be at what time other than ending the day's ride at the Stone Cottage Inn located in the village of Winesburg. Our group is meeting for b'fast southeast of Toledo & who knows what our route will be???  Sorry to be so vague, but with the gals along, we're enjoying the scenery this time. ::)  And Yes, we're planning to do a little riding before heading back to the Wolverine on Sunday..
 Send me a pm & I'll shoot you my ph#

Offline DeansZG

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2011, 03:23:24 PM »
Didn't get as many miles as we had planned due to the heat, the comfort from the a/c & the frosty beverages in our cottage ;D  The miles we did ride were excellent as usual from those great s.e ohio roads. Oh, the bbq at hog heaven in New Philadelphia is good stuff & Sunday's breakfast at the Bee Bop grill on US250 in the little village of Wilmot, were the icing on the cake.