Author Topic: Will Military take on American Citizens over Gun control?  (Read 7363 times)

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Shoodaben Engineering
Re: Will Military take on American Citizens over Gun control?
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2013, 05:59:29 PM »
Upper NY state PBA up in arms about the way NY passed the new gun legislation, and it appears they're not going to be involved in confiscation or enforcement. It's long, but certainly germain to the topic - http://www.bob-owens.com/2013/01/a-deliberate-attempt-to-bypass-the-constitutional-process-ny-sheriffs-pba-blasts-cuomo-legislature-over-ny-safe-act/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+BobOwens+%28Bob+Owens%29
 Steve

Offline connie1

• Arena
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2013, 06:07:23 PM »
Does your President have the ability to suspend portions of your constitution like they did in Germany?
Man do I love this bike! Red '09

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2013, 06:16:25 PM »
If you google 'obama martial law' you get 6,000,000 hits. A lot of people seem to think he can.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2013, 04:18:14 AM »
I just don't see him doing that, Gary.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2013, 04:48:50 AM »
Honestly Jim, neither do I. I don't believe we're there yet. I hope this country never is. Change is inevitable but it's not necessarily good. We've had bad leaders and not so bad leaders but they have all been a product of the society at the time. There are a great many people in this country now, and will be from now on, who don't want the hassle and fear of managing their own freedom and responsibilities. Best we can hope for is to contain them in their cities and not let them screw up the rest of the country. 

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2013, 06:46:16 AM »
Does your President have the ability to suspend portions of your constitution like they did in Germany?
It's not like the U.S. has ever rounded up people and put them in to camps...   ::)
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2013, 07:22:10 AM »
Yep, we've been there, done that, and have the t-shirt.  Both the Japanese and German nationals were rounded up and put in camps during WW2, although you hear more about the Japanese internments than the German.  England did the same thing with some of their German nationals during WW2.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_American_internment
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Furbo

• Arena
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2013, 09:54:25 AM »
It's not like the U.S. has ever rounded up people and put them in to camps...   ::)

That's true, but pls resist the temptation to equate those camps,which tho shameful, were NOT equivilent to anything in Nazi germany, or other nations. Many indiivduals actually volunteered for service in uniform, becomming the most decorted outfit of WW II.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/442nd_Infantry_Regiment_(United_States)

BUT - back to our original subject - the US Military is NOT going to control the nation. Cant, no way, no how.

Now - if you can get alot of those chromosome deficient guys on police forces with a strong wannabewarriorcomplex...then you may have something to fear.
05 C-10
Eccl: 9: 7-10

Offline Cuda

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2013, 10:06:21 AM »
I'm a Gun lover and I also live in the  real world and your  nut buddys mam-pamy land or what ever the draft dodger calls it ,  NO one is taking anyone guns , ammo or women get real.
They are going to have a hard time getting back round checks done for personal sales. I for one believe someone needs a safe if they have X amount of guns because most guns that end of in criminals hands are stolen.
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2013, 03:07:35 PM »
I'm a Gun lover and I also live in the  real world

Cuda - you live in the real FLORIDA world. So do I. Folk up in the northern states have a different view of "real world"than we do. I know cus that's where I'm from and my northern relatives hate evil guns and want them all gone. To them, I'm weird. Steve

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2013, 03:55:40 PM »
Cuda - you live in the real FLORIDA world. So do I. SOME Folk up in the northern states have a different view of "real world"than we do. I know cus that's where I'm from and my northern relatives hate evil guns and want them all gone. To them, I'm weird. Steve
Had to fix that for you.

Many of us "folk up in the northern states" that live outside of the cities have a very similar "view of the 'real world'" as you do.
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2013, 07:15:42 PM »
Yeah Jon, but being a CO gives you a more "complete" picture of the world. Steve

Offline booger

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2013, 09:44:41 AM »
I have a Australian friend that contends their gun confiscation was the damnest thing he had ever seen.  The most rugged, meanest, out-back, "pry from my dead hands" men gave them up willingly.  The consequences of having an illegal gun wasn't worth it.

I would like to think I will stand my ground on the Second Amendment.  But you never know until they knock at the door.

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2013, 10:36:32 AM »
Yep, talk is cheap from the gun store commandos around the kitchen table until you face years of prison, loads of fines, loss of job, loss of income, loss of house, possibly loss of life. Please don't misunderstand me, I'm merely playing devil's advocate to boogers and others comments. All plans go to hell when the shooting starts.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2013, 10:38:27 AM »
Damn shame everything was lost in that boating accident.

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2013, 10:43:14 AM »
You know, I think we need a committee to look into these boating accidents that seem to be piling up recently. Are these rapid sinking high capacity assualt boats? Do they have a prominent steering wheel forward of the engine compartment? Is there an attachment for an anchor? Do they have a muffler attached? Is there a collapsable transom present? If so, we may have a problem.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50