Author Topic: New Goldwing StreetGlide  (Read 27843 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: New Goldwing StreetGlide
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2012, 04:11:57 AM »
Looks like no Harley or cruiser I have ever seen, not sure what some of you are seeing?

You're still on your meds.  Go back to sleep.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2012, 06:00:45 AM »
Flat 6 bagger?

Ding ding ding! Give that man a cigar!
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2012, 06:17:23 AM »
Did they lose the electric reverse? Bad if they did. It still weighs in at 842 lbs.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2012, 10:27:35 AM »
New spin on the Valkyrie? I prefered the Valk, seemed cleaner to me.

+1  :thumbs: Kind of a Valkyrie interstate without the windshield.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2012, 10:39:48 AM »

:rotflmao:

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2012, 01:29:01 PM »

And you need your optical prescription changed.  :P  Darn good looking Wing, they should sell a bunch of these models, and no.... pirates will not be switching over to them. I know 2 Wing riders that have been wanting a configuration like this, Honda would be wise to make an even more sporty model to the current platform.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline GeeBeav

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2012, 08:52:41 PM »
It still weighs in at 842 lbs.

Yeah, their "Lighter, trimmer, leaner" description is a bit of a stretch. Still, it's more motorcycle-ish than the Wing, which is more of a 2-wheeled Accord.
In the days of my youth, I was told what it means to be a man.

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2012, 08:30:13 AM »
I think it looks awesome!  The only wing I would ride.  A slightly bigger windshield and I'm good to go.  The black is beautiful!

Son of Pappy

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2012, 09:23:43 AM »
If only it were Silverdammit.  I'd have to ride one before falling in love, if it isn't ride worthy in the crooked stuff?  I'd also like to see the windshield adjustable, as in concealed lower portion as shown and a raised portion for the wet days seen in these parts.  If she handled good I'd have one as an addition to the stable but not as a replacement.

Hey Jeremey, whadaya got against 50? ;)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2012, 10:11:02 AM »

And you need your optical prescription changed.  :P

:rotflmao:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2012, 10:23:02 AM »
If only it were Silverdammit.  I'd have to ride one before falling in love, if it isn't ride worthy in the crooked stuff?  I'd also like to see the windshield adjustable, as in concealed lower portion as shown and a raised portion for the wet days seen in these parts.  If she handled good I'd have one as an addition to the stable but not as a replacement.

Hey Jeremy, whadaya got against 50? ;)

I figured that 50 (or 48 for the GL1800GlideF6B) was a good age to take it easy and just putt around the country.  Until then I will continue to ride a bike that keeps my adrenelin pumping. 

I will definitely take a test ride on of these machines, if given the chance.   ;)
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2012, 10:36:49 AM »
I figured that 50 (or 48 for the GL1800GlideF6B) was a good age to take it easy and just putt around the country.  Until then I will continue to ride a bike that keeps my adrenelin pumping. 

I will definitely take a test ride on of these machines, if given the chance.   ;)

The Wing will surprise you, and not a putt putt around old man bike........TRUST ME.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2012, 10:46:27 AM »

The Wing will surprise you, and not a putt putt around old man bike........TRUST ME.

I know what they are capable of (I've seen the yellow wolf videos on youtube). 
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline wally_games

• Arena
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2012, 12:11:23 PM »
Was already a surprisingly capable bike. Now with a much lower center of gravity, it might be a fun ride.

You just KNOW that a taller after-market windshield is already on someone's drawing board.
'14 BMW 1200 GSw (red, what little there is that's not grey)
'11 Concours ABS (black) w/ Leo Vince carbon, heated Corbin, Garmin; TechSpec pads (gone but not forgotten)
'05 Yamaha FZ6, only crashed once, gone in trade; '87 Honda Gold Wing Aspencade, sold; '85 Honda Magna (700), sold; '76 Kawasaki KZ400, sold

Offline Stasch

« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2012, 01:27:56 PM »

I'm over 50 and have no intention or desire to just putt around the country.

Smart alec young whipper snappers.   ;D
Stan Visser - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - > C10 STUFF FOR SALE - Parts List

He IS a racer, hence the forward lean!!  by: Mettler1

Offline Awaz

• Arena
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2012, 09:29:21 AM »
I really do like this Wing !! And I did oogle it at it for long. But then again, I ride a Harley too  ;D
2016 Ducati Scrambler
2008 C14

Offline blackmax

« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2012, 12:02:45 PM »
Had a short shield on my black wing for summertime. Really changed the look of the bike. A lower ride height would have made it rail around corners even better. As it was I had to replace the peg feelers every four weeks 8)

Offline wahrsuul

• This is personal, stop reading it!
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2012, 05:04:32 AM »
Trying to woo the HD cruiser crowd, I'm sure.  Not something I'd touch with a 10 foot pole but I'm sure there are others that will like it.  Even uses the HD alphanumeric system...F6B (I mean, what the heck does that mean?).

IIRC, the designation for the euro Valk was the F6, so I'm guessing that's where it comes from.

I like it myself, but doubt I'd buy one.  I spent a weekend on an '02 Wing, and liked it a lot.  But I also need that large backrest for the wife.  So while I like the looks a lot, it's way too much $ for too little funcionality for me.

Interestingly enough, I found some pics online a couple years ago of a custom 'Wing that looked just like this.  Maybe Honda liked it enouhg to copy, or perhaps that was a beta version running around?
1999 C-10: Knee savers, Givi trunk, Rifle windshield, KB risers, K&N...and counting...

What did I do to deserve this life?  And how do I do it again?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2012, 05:23:06 AM »
I like the Honda Valkyrie.  Liked the color scheme as well.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2012, 09:21:03 AM »
I like the Honda Valkyrie.  Liked the color scheme as well.

+1  :thumbs: