Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 853516 times)

Offline rocknrod

• 2013 C14 - Blue
Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #100 on: September 22, 2014, 07:40:48 AM »
Put highway pegs on the Canyon Cages. Great to have the option and stretch out my legs for a while!
I removed all my middle fairings last night to see what it would take to move the Rostra CC to the right upper fairing area because I so want to install some Canyon Cages and put on highway pegs.
Master Chief, US Navy, Retired
2013 C14 Blue, Fenda Extenda, Radiator Screen, HeliBars, Glove Box Mod, 3M paint Protector, Rostra Cruise Control, TechSpec Tank Grips, Lowering Links and Side Stand, Front lowered, Lowered center stand, Balwin Seat.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #101 on: September 22, 2014, 09:06:15 AM »
Put my large CB ultra back on the bike in prep for riding in cooler weather...

Yep, I just pulled off my Coperdawg Sportscreen and put my CB mini back on along with my ProjektD hand wings, and got my Stich out, winter and cooler temps is a coming...  :(

sailor_chic

« Reply #102 on: September 22, 2014, 07:13:21 PM »
I installed my ProjectD AeroForm helmet lock and Phil's rack tonight. He did an excellent job on this rack! Thanks Phil :)

Tomorrow I have an AM appt at Kawasaki to get my extra CC fob programmed.

Hopefully I am done with these accessories for a little bit. Between the bike purchase last month and some upgrades, my wallets hurts!!

Put highway pegs on the Canyon Cages. Great to have the option and stretch out my legs for a while!
Jim, did you use Rivco pegs? Where/how did you mount them? Pics?

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #103 on: September 22, 2014, 08:35:29 PM »
Have to sit near the tank for a full stretch  with a 32" inseam.  Back of seat puts the arch centred on the pegs.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 11:16:37 PM by AlbertaDoug »

Offline 238mph

« Reply #104 on: September 22, 2014, 11:56:04 PM »

Yep, I just pulled off my Coperdawg Sportscreen and put my CB mini back on along with my ProjektD hand wings, and got my Stich out, winter and cooler temps is a coming...  :(

I can't wait for mine to arrive... I love the look, and since it's warm in Arizona most of the time, I think it will work great... 

Offline Conrad

« Reply #105 on: September 23, 2014, 04:46:50 AM »

Don't rush it J! There's still some fine weather to enjoy, at least around here. Low 70's and sunny ALL week here.    :)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #106 on: September 23, 2014, 07:20:37 AM »
Don't rush it J! There's still some fine weather to enjoy, at least around here. Low 70's and sunny ALL week here.    :)

Agreed C, the high temps are still quite nice in the PNW Falls too, it's the low temp's for the morning commutes that require a little more wind/rain protection...  ;)

Offline Jim M.

• 2008 C-14
« Reply #107 on: September 23, 2014, 09:19:26 AM »

Jim, did you use Rivco pegs? Where/how did you mount them? Pics?

Yes, I used the Rivco pegs with these clamps-  http://www.amazon.com/BkRider-Black-3-Piece-Clamps-Harley-Davidson/dp/B007KPTDV0/ref=sr_1_34?ie=UTF8&qid=1373552137&sr=8-34&keywords=7%2F8+black+clamp    Here's a couple pics of the location on my '08-

Offline 12menzer

« Reply #108 on: September 23, 2014, 10:19:15 AM »
I rode it and will keep riding it.

Offline tomp

« Reply #109 on: September 23, 2014, 10:47:48 AM »
Yes, I used the Rivco pegs with these clamps.
How is the heat, with your legs in front of the vents?  I've stretched my legs while riding, and found that the heat coming from the vents to be too much for hiway pegs to be useful.for me.  Mine is and 08.  tp
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline Jim M.

• 2008 C-14
« Reply #110 on: September 23, 2014, 01:42:50 PM »
How is the heat, with your legs in front of the vents?  I've stretched my legs while riding, and found that the heat coming from the vents to be too much for hiway pegs to be useful.for me.  Mine is and 08.  tp

I've never had any heat problem on this bike. The Area P full exhaust was on it when I bought it and I think that is the difference from stock. There is no cat on it to hold heat. My old C-10 was much hotter. I haven't really felt any heat running up my legs.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #111 on: September 23, 2014, 01:52:12 PM »
Rode down to Ashland, VA for a job and then back home.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline tomp

« Reply #112 on: September 23, 2014, 01:55:18 PM »
I've never had any heat problem on this bike. The Area P full exhaust was on it when I bought it and I think that is the difference from stock. There is no cat on it to hold heat. My old C-10 was much hotter. I haven't really felt any heat running up my legs.
Thanks for the info. tomp

sailor_chic

« Reply #113 on: September 23, 2014, 08:01:56 PM »
Grip Puppies installed! Love em!!

Offline tomp

« Reply #114 on: September 23, 2014, 08:26:23 PM »
Grip Puppies installed! Love em!!

+1.  Have them on all my bikes.  It eases the tendency to grip too tightly, as well as lessening the vibes, especially on the Dyna.

Offline rocknrod

• 2013 C14 - Blue
« Reply #115 on: September 24, 2014, 04:11:39 PM »
I removed all my middle fairings last night to see what it would take to move the Rostra CC to the right upper fairing area because I so want to install some Canyon Cages and put on highway pegs.
I guess I will not move the CC and not install the Canyon Cages. :(
So I'm putting it all back together.
Master Chief, US Navy, Retired
2013 C14 Blue, Fenda Extenda, Radiator Screen, HeliBars, Glove Box Mod, 3M paint Protector, Rostra Cruise Control, TechSpec Tank Grips, Lowering Links and Side Stand, Front lowered, Lowered center stand, Balwin Seat.

sailor_chic

« Reply #116 on: September 25, 2014, 06:48:15 AM »
I guess I will not move the CC and not install the Canyon Cages. :(
So I'm putting it all back together.
So no tip over protection, or are you going with Topblock?

I took my Aeroform helmet locks to the locksmith and she re-keyed them to my saddlebag key. A well spent $20

Offline BruceR

• Arena
« Reply #117 on: September 25, 2014, 06:24:49 PM »
I installed Murph's wedges, since after my last ride I had sore wrists and my elbow ached.  I forgot to get a fenda extenda while I was at it so I get to order again!  I think lots of little packages over time is more fun that one big package all at once.

Offline zarticus

• Arena
« Reply #118 on: September 25, 2014, 09:19:00 PM »
Today I made a custom black cover for the ugly nut holding the left side of the canyon cages, Also painted the allen bolt heads on the middle mount black & installed some plugs in them to clean up the look. I also fabricated extenders for the Rivco pegs that bring them out a little over an extra inch.
2012 Kawasaki Concours 14 -  Candy Arabian Red
2014 Kawasaki Vaquero - Candy Burnt Orange
1986 Honda V65 Magna - Black
1984 Honda V65 Magna - Black

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #119 on: September 25, 2014, 09:26:46 PM »
Looks great!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.