Author Topic: Advanced Sport Touring? [Vendor Issues]  (Read 71716 times)

Offline Drugless

Re: Advanced Sport Touring? [Vendor Issues]
« Reply #100 on: March 03, 2015, 02:58:02 AM »
Yeah, paid for the order and the money was taken immediately. I am a bit sh% tty that it took that long to fill the order but it's done now. An explanation would be nice, an apology would be good business practice, but things may be different in the good old USofA. I'm just happy Ryan didn't buy the farm when he tangled with that deer and I got what I ordered.
It's better to be thought of as a fool than to open your mouth and confirm the fact. (Like I always do)
Previous bikes-
  Yamaha FJ1200 ('85)
  BMW R1200RT ('05)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #101 on: March 03, 2015, 05:33:37 AM »
Yeah, paid for the order and the money was taken immediately.

Hmm, I would have gotten my money back after a few weeks.

I am a bit sh% tty that it took that long to fill the order but it's done now. An explanation would be nice, an apology would be good business practice, but things may be different in the good old USofA.

No, things are not different.  Manners and good business are a universal concept.  But there are always those who have neither, no matter where you go.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline JS_racer

« Reply #102 on: March 04, 2015, 04:36:52 AM »
Hmm, I would have gotten my money back after a few weeks.

No, things are not different.  Manners and good business are a universal concept.  But there are always those who have neither, no matter where you go.

:thumbs:

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #103 on: March 04, 2015, 05:15:20 AM »

+1 I haven't bought too many things from the USofA for obvious reasons, but the experiences so far have been good or better. I have done much worse much closer to where I live. Based on my so far excellent experiences with German vendors, an inexperienced soul would infer that they have great customer service. In reality, what they have is a ton of regulations and the customer has a lot of tools to bang on the door of those who think that they can outsmart the buyer.
In short, they treat you like dirt, but they deliver.
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #104 on: March 13, 2015, 10:15:24 AM »
I want to order the 2" Pullback risers from him but can't get a response from him! I have sent several emails to Ryan asking if he was taking and shipping orders. Don't want to order until I know I've got his attention. I have ordered a couple of things from him before and everything worked out great but I am having a heck of time trying to get him to respond to this current need to order :(
Mike
Ojai, CA
2016 Black Triumph Trophy SE

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #105 on: March 13, 2015, 12:32:59 PM »
I think that should tell you something...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #106 on: March 13, 2015, 01:09:43 PM »
I think that should tell you something...
Yeah...it tells me I'm not getting the Pullback Risers >:(
Mike
Ojai, CA

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #107 on: March 13, 2015, 02:21:46 PM »
I just heard from Ryan and he is "alive and well"! He has been very busy in Daytona for the last 2 weeks but he did answer my email and looks like I WILL be getting my pullback risers as soon as they're available :banana (which should be soon)! I will say that once you do get ahold of him things move along just fine. I'm looking forward to getting those risers...2" back should be AWESOME :thumbs:
Mike
Ojai, CA

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #108 on: March 13, 2015, 03:07:49 PM »
I just heard from Ryan and he is "alive and well"! He has been very busy in Daytona for the last 2 weeks but he did answer my email and looks like I WILL be getting my pullback risers as soon as they're available :banana (which should be soon)! I will say that once you do get ahold of him things move along just fine. I'm looking forward to getting those risers...2" back should be AWESOME :thumbs:

So how about  putting the number up here for those folks that aren't as fortunate as you with regards to getting in touch with him.
Seems a lot of folks have had serious issues regarding contact with him.

Be nice and share with them.

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #109 on: March 13, 2015, 03:17:17 PM »
So how about  putting the number up here for those folks that aren't as fortunate as you with regards to getting in touch with him.
Seems a lot of folks have had serious issues regarding contact with him.

Be nice and share with them.
I love being nice and would definitely post one if I had one. I contacted him through email and can't tell you why I was so "lucky" but wanted to let everyone know that he is still around and can be contacted, just takes persistence. I am very persistent (my wife will attest to that...she hates it because I'm constantly trying to buy something for the bike :battle: ) and it paid off this time!
Mike
Ojai, CA

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #110 on: March 13, 2015, 04:57:49 PM »
from what I have read over the last year it seems to be too little too late, and with no explanation.  I thought he had an account here so it should not be too difficult.  That would go a long way imo, but then again he may have and I missed it as I have not read a lot lately.

Offline Hiddenmickey

« Reply #111 on: March 31, 2015, 08:15:52 PM »
No I wasn't out riding way fast and taking chances, I wasn't out riding without all my gear on,  I wasn't riding with scissors;  I placed an order with Advanced Sport Touring!!!  I thought it was about time to get familiar with my credit card company's fraud department possibly.  We'll see how it goes this time.  And yes, I have read all the postings here and on the other forum.  And the Better Business Bureau.  And other places on line.  I'll report back.

Offline mikeeitup

« Reply #112 on: March 31, 2015, 08:27:48 PM »
I was VERY cautious just like you several months back but I'll have to give them credit. They had my order out to me hella fast and didn't do all the other things that people were smearing them about so I'd honestly place a second order with them if I had to. Keep us posted though!
Mike
~Mike~
~2012 Black Connie~

Offline C14lvr

« Reply #113 on: April 01, 2015, 07:16:45 PM »
Hellbender,
I put those on mine. The pullbacks make a HUGE improvement and help a lot.

(Especially us older fellas who are well acquainted often with 'Ole Arthur"...) ;)
2011 C14 ABS black w/red/yellow, B.D.F lofuel W.E.,SSD h/g's,
2" setback risers, Phil's wedges/rear rack,K Gel-seat, Rostra CC, AST tourpegs, techspec, 2"droppegs, 4"droppass pegs, Fuzeblock,  7"Garmin, fenda ext, LED tag plate, Ip5S Ram mt, TMeister, Mirror LED t/s, Bestem TBox, CB HDUT w/s, TRex front/CC bag, Wolo Badboy, Tailbrights, Scala G9X, Scorpion EXO1200 Jag, PR4GT's55's, 55W Qz Dr

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #114 on: April 02, 2015, 08:37:45 AM »
Hellbender,
I put those on mine. The pullbacks make a HUGE improvement and help a lot.

(Especially us older fellas who are well acquainted often with 'Ole Arthur"...) ;)

C14lvr, you have the 2' Pullback Risers on your bike?
Mike
Ojai, CA

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #115 on: April 02, 2015, 08:38:46 AM »
2"...sorry
Mike
Ojai, CA

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #116 on: April 02, 2015, 08:39:28 AM »
It'd be hard to ride with 2' pullbacks :o
Mike
Ojai, CA

Offline C14lvr

« Reply #117 on: April 02, 2015, 03:42:36 PM »
Lol... Yes, also have Phil's Wedges with them as well.
They help to angle them back a bit more.

I have those, use the Kawasaki Gel seat, 2" dropped peg brackets, Cee Bailey's High Dome Ultra tour windscreen, and AST touring pegs. With the Rostra CC, makes for good comfort on those 10 hour days of touring.
2" setback risers, Phil's wedges/rear rack,K Gel-seat, Rostra CC, AST tourpegs, techspec, 2"droppegs, 4"droppass pegs, Fuzeblock,  7"Garmin, fenda ext, LED tag plate, Ip5S Ram mt, TMeister, Mirror LED t/s, Bestem TBox, CB HDUT w/s, TRex front/CC bag, Wolo Badboy, Tailbrights, Scala G9X, Scorpion EXO1200 Jag, PR4GT's55's, 55W Qz Dr

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #118 on: April 02, 2015, 04:08:17 PM »
Lol... Yes, also have Phil's Wedges with them as well.
They help to angle them back a bit more.

I have those, use the Kawasaki Gel seat, 2" dropped peg brackets, Cee Bailey's High Dome Ultra tour windscreen, and AST touring pegs. With the Rostra CC, makes for good comfort on those 10 hour days of touring.

C14lvr, did you order from Ryan without contacting him? My concern is ordering from his website and not receiving anything. The 2" pullbacks are available April 15th so I'm ready to order...just a little (okay, a lot) skeptical!

Mike
Mike
Ojai, CA

Offline C14lvr

« Reply #119 on: April 07, 2015, 10:30:26 PM »
No, I ordered mine from him over 2 years ago...
before everything went South and his CS went .... shall I say... deep South.