Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 853295 times)

AlbertaDoug

Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #1200 on: May 10, 2015, 08:09:44 AM »
Have to do some paint job after dropping her days ago  and some rust around tank filler neck, also some scratches on mirrors covers, I am not a painter, I been working as auto mechanic for the last 26 years but did have some experience on paint years ago because mi father has a body and paint shop
I am very happy with how this job come out, here  I post some pictures

Looks good from here  8)

Offline rwnielsen

« Reply #1201 on: May 10, 2015, 08:25:59 AM »
I bought a K&N air filter and I'm psyching myself up for its installation. Also.... I'm going to try and find the aux power wiring on the left side, front.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #1202 on: May 10, 2015, 08:43:21 AM »
The acc. leads will be easy to find once you are all the way to the air filter. Best of luck with both projects.

Brian

I bought a K&N air filter and I'm psyching myself up for its installation. Also.... I'm going to try and find the aux power wiring on the left side, front.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline rwnielsen

« Reply #1203 on: May 10, 2015, 09:56:52 AM »
The acc. leads will be easy to find once you are all the way to the air filter. Best of luck with both projects.

Brian

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I've been putting it off for a while but curiosity is getting the best of me.  ;D

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #1204 on: May 10, 2015, 10:17:15 AM »
Got my Amplirider yesterday, trying to decide where to install it. Torn between inside the tank bag or maybe where the evap canister was. (Cal model)  Other suggestions?  Be nice... ::)
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

sailor_chic

« Reply #1205 on: May 10, 2015, 03:10:48 PM »
I made my C-14 jealous today and took the little bike out for a nice ride.

Offline tomp

« Reply #1206 on: May 10, 2015, 03:20:59 PM »
I made my C-14 jealous today and took the little bike out for a nice ride.
Same here.  A few hours on the RT and another on my son's Ninja.  Thought they needed riding, as the next ten days are suppose to give us rain. No Concours commuting for a while, I guess.   Glad you enjoyed the day, Nicole.  tomp   
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline rwnielsen

« Reply #1207 on: May 11, 2015, 10:52:35 PM »
Took apart the left side and swapped out the air filter, found the accessory wires and gained a much better appreciation of the challenges involved with the cruise control installation.
Got one of these blue tooth speakers at Best buy for some background sound. Happy camper

Offline tomp

« Reply #1208 on: May 11, 2015, 11:11:17 PM »
Sadly, took the car to work, due to rain.  Raining like crazy now, and suppose to again tomorrow.  No riding for a while.  Hope others have better days ahead.  tomp
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1209 on: May 12, 2015, 03:39:45 PM »
This weekend I ran some Techron fuel injector cleaner through my C14 for the first time ever.   Used most of the tank up on the visit to/from Mom.  They certainly don't make it easy for motorcyclists to figure out how much liquid to pour out of black bottle with no window, designed for 15 to 18 gal tanks, into a 6 gal tank, while wearing full gear at a windy gas station...   Maybe I got it right (was trying to guess by approx weight, 1/3rd of a bottle), maybe I didn't.  Maybe it doesn't matter, anyway.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #1210 on: May 12, 2015, 03:49:45 PM »
Just destroyed everything in my path on the way home today. If you want to bury your head and stare at your phone, I'm going to punish you if I can. Once I get on a roll, I won't stop until I get home.
You pick your rules to follow, I can pick mine.
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline Pilgrim

• '12 Black
« Reply #1211 on: May 12, 2015, 04:07:37 PM »
Just destroyed everything in my path on the way home today. If you want to bury your head and stare at your phone, I'm going to punish you if I can. Once I get on a roll, I won't stop until I get home.

Nice!
 :cannon: :1DeadBanana

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #1212 on: May 12, 2015, 04:08:20 PM »

Wouldn't that fall under the heading "Things that make me crazy or annoyed"  ?
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #1213 on: May 12, 2015, 05:01:51 PM »
Wouldn't that fall under the heading "Things that make me crazy or annoyed"  ?
Never read that thread. My list is too long anyway.

Man, I had that Connie sliding around like a dirtbike. It just friggin' goes.

Using the M3s in a 55 profile right now. Feels awesome, but moves around some. Even though it has a slipper clutch, you can skid the rear and enter the turn sideways. If you're doing it right. 8)
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1214 on: May 12, 2015, 05:16:16 PM »
Removed and lubed drive shaft splines.  Check drive shaft for loose joints...none found...darn it!  Rear wheel bearings tomorrow morning.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #1215 on: May 12, 2015, 06:08:37 PM »
Decided to put my electronics in the tank bag. Wired the XM unit, the GPS, Amplirider, and USB charging station insid the bag to keep them out of the elements and make all of it easily removable. 

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #1216 on: May 12, 2015, 07:21:29 PM »
BTW, the Amplirider ROCKS!

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1217 on: May 13, 2015, 08:28:09 AM »
So where did you wind up installing the speakers?

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #1218 on: May 13, 2015, 09:02:43 AM »
I have an SMH-10

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1219 on: May 13, 2015, 09:42:00 AM »
Balanced rear wheel.  Putting it back together.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.