Author Topic: ZG goes down!! Top Block saves my Connie!!  (Read 24139 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: ZG goes down!! Top Block saves my Connie!!
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2012, 08:14:06 PM »
Yet another advantage to the Top Block, if a metal protection bar went down it would surely leave dings in it that couldn't just be sanded and buffed out, and even if they could you would have to re powder coat or paint them...

That was kinda what I was saying in my last post.  Glad you picked up on it :)

Of course, if the bar is strong, it likely won't ding.  But the paint or chrome would have a scrape.  Paint touchup is easy/fast/cheap.  But if they are chrome..... that could leave a difficult situation.  Not really sure what one would do.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Son of Pappy

« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2012, 08:40:23 PM »
Look what happens when I leave for a weekend?  Jay, I told you, time and again, DO NOT USE TIRE SHINE, this applies to your slow black sandals as well ;D ;D ;D

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2012, 08:42:25 PM »
Look what happens when I leave for a weekend?  Jay, I told you, time and again, DO NOT USE TIRE SHINE, this applies to your slow black sandals as well ;D ;D ;D

:rotflmao: :chugbeer:

Actually the sandals are a dark green, but agreed not meant for being on a bike...  ;D

Son of Pappy

« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2012, 08:43:37 PM »

:rotflmao: :chugbeer:

Actually the sandals are a dark green, but agreed not meant for being on a bike...  ;D
There ya have it, your bike couldn't keep up with the sandals ;)

Offline pbenson

« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2012, 04:12:34 AM »
Jay - we sure had a beautiful weekend - too bad you had to start out with a drop.  I''ve been there and done the same thing with my old Honda ST1300.  I am living in  fear that it could happen with the Concours.  I am watching MC Enterprise Canyons forum page and waiting for them to finish up, so I can get a set ordered.  I'm glad you didn't do any damage.  I am impressed that you had the forethought to not immediately try to lift the bike.  Your photo documentation is excellent as usual.  You should send a link to Tatiana and perhaps they will want to reward you for being their demo center in the US.  With the amount of readership on this site, they couldn't have a better testimonial for their products.  Enjoy the daughter's prom prep next week!! 

Offline wipfel

• 2010 Concours 14 ABS
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2012, 06:49:23 AM »
I'm still somewhat shocked the ground had the audacity to make contact with Jay's bike.  That's too beautiful a bike for such behavior.  ;)
--If I could be anywhere right now, I'd still be out there, on my bike, in the wilderness.

2010 Concours 14 ABS

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2012, 06:53:36 AM »
I didn't notice but was ZG's driveway BLACKtop or the faster silver concrete color?

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2012, 07:47:42 AM »
I didn't notice but was ZG's driveway BLACKtop or the faster silver concrete color?

The pavement might have had something to do with it, but I think Jay's bike was just rebelling since all it does is pull photo duty instead of getting ridden.    ;D

It just threw itself on it's side and stayed there, and Jay STILL took pictures!  I wouldn't want to be the next person to climb on, that black bike has an attitude and there is no telling what it will do now.
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline danvforce

« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2012, 08:09:29 AM »
ZG your bike even looks good lying on it's side, nice pic's

Offline Conrad

« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2012, 09:19:47 AM »
Jay, I'm really glad to hear, and see, that neither you nor your bike suffered any serious damage.    :thumbs:

With all that black on your bike, once it started to fall, ever-so-slowly, you should have had time to run into the house and grab a couple of the couch cushions then run back out and toss em under the bike before it hit the ground. Musta been the beers that slowed you down eh?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2012, 09:51:15 AM »
or the flip flops.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2012, 10:07:29 AM »
Jay - we sure had a beautiful weekend - too bad you had to start out with a drop.  I''ve been there and done the same thing with my old Honda ST1300.  I am living in  fear that it could happen with the Concours.  I am watching MC Enterprise Canyons forum page and waiting for them to finish up, so I can get a set ordered.  I'm glad you didn't do any damage.  I am impressed that you had the forethought to not immediately try to lift the bike.  Your photo documentation is excellent as usual.  You should send a link to Tatiana and perhaps they will want to reward you for being their demo center in the US.  With the amount of readership on this site, they couldn't have a better testimonial for their products.  Enjoy the daughter's prom prep next week!!

Thanks Phil! Yep, I figured you made it out riding this weekend, weather was beautiful!!  8)

Yep, we had one prom last weekend and another one coming up next weekend, back to back duty for Dad...  :-\

Have fun riding out to the coast, hopefully the weather is just as great for you guys!  :)

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2012, 10:09:40 AM »
I'm still somewhat shocked the ground had the audacity to make contact with Jay's bike.  That's too beautiful a bike for such behavior.  ;)

ZG your bike even looks good lying on it's side, nice pic's

Jay, I'm really glad to hear, and see, that neither you nor your bike suffered any serious damage.    :thumbs:

Thanks brutha's!  :grouphug:   :chugbeer:

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2012, 10:12:01 AM »

It's that small round rock stuff in cement GP, probably the slowness of grey cement color is what helped cushion the fall...  ;)

Offline brianp

« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2012, 11:34:42 PM »
where is the link on where to buy?

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2012, 10:13:25 AM »
  If money is no object, then what level of protection can you tolerate vs. how they look?

I think the perfect combo (balance of protection vs. looks regardless of $) for a '08-'09 is the MCE rear saddlebag protectors and the Top Block sliders on the side. Perhaps for the '10+ models as well but less so without some dressing up of the Top Blocks.

Now as to the cutting of the fairing (that bothers many about the Top Block), let's keep in mind that we are talking about a 1 inch round hole down low on the flat black lower fairing. Remove the Top Blocks and most non-Connie watchers wouldn't even notice the hole. One could get a blank sink hole plug from Home Depot, paint it flat black and cover the hole.

There ya have it, your bike couldn't keep up with the sandals ;)

:rotflmao:  SoP you're killin' me.

Offline roadkoan

• Arena
  • Some are as the river, some are as the rocks.
« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2012, 02:02:39 PM »
Jesus is about the only person to pull off wearing sandals with any success.
Ha Ha Ha!!!! 
He'd be the only one who could stop 'er once she starts to go over too.

'02 C-10

Offline Conrad

« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2012, 03:07:00 PM »
Ha Ha Ha!!!! 
He'd be the only one who could stop 'er once she starts to go over too.

That may be true but if Chuck Norris were to ride a Connie, she would never ever think about falling over for fear of his roundhouse kick.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn