Author Topic: NRA press Conference  (Read 31945 times)

Offline midnightrider

• Arena
Re: NRA press Conference
« Reply #100 on: December 28, 2012, 06:43:02 AM »
On a lighter note.....

I just busted up lol and everyone in the office had to look to see what is so funny!
2004 C10 RIP

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #101 on: December 28, 2012, 08:41:17 AM »
I saw an interesting interview last night... made a very interesting point.

We have armed guards to watch our banks and protect our money.  We have armed guards to watch the precious art in galleries.  We have armed guards to protect factories... buildings... stuff.  We have armed guards to watch and protect our Legislative Branch... Executive Branch... Judicial Branch.

We do not have armed guards to protect OUR children... our future.  But when we bring this up, we are ridiculed.  Why?  Are they less precious than the other things that are protected by armed guards?  Are they less precious than a Senators child who attends a school that has armed guards?  A celebrity who has their kids in a school that has armed guards?

Just curious.
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #102 on: December 28, 2012, 09:56:54 AM »
I saw an interesting interview last night... made a very interesting point.

We have armed guards to watch our banks and protect our money.  We have armed guards to watch the precious art in galleries.  We have armed guards to protect factories... buildings... stuff.  We have armed guards to watch and protect our Legislative Branch... Executive Branch... Judicial Branch.

We do not have armed guards to protect OUR children... our future.  But when we bring this up, we are ridiculed.  Why?  Are they less precious than the other things that are protected by armed guards?  Are they less precious than a Senators child who attends a school that has armed guards?  A celebrity who has their kids in a school that has armed guards?

Just curious.

+1 :thumbs: The hypocrisy of the left knows no bounds

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #103 on: December 28, 2012, 10:09:57 AM »
David Gregory's kids go to the same school as Obama's kids - Sidwell. they currently have 11 armed guards and are looking to hire another.

NYC mayor Bloomberg has 6 armed guards.

Even Rosie O'donell has an armed guard.

All folks mentioned want firearms removed from US.

Just a few examples. Interesting, isn't it.

Steve

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
« Reply #104 on: December 28, 2012, 10:29:59 AM »
Chicago has some of the most restrictive gun laws in this country.  They just had their 500th homicide for the year.  A shooting.  Seattle, slightly less restrictive, had 26.

http://seattletimes.com/html/nationworld/2020007295_apuschicagohomicides.html

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2020003912_homicides28m.html
A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #105 on: December 28, 2012, 06:03:11 PM »
That looks like an SR9 to me.  8)
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
« Reply #106 on: December 28, 2012, 08:55:37 PM »
A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Offline tjpgi

« Reply #107 on: December 29, 2012, 08:36:34 AM »
Excellent read and common sense!!

:goodpost: :goodpost:
2011 GSXR 1000
2009 Concours ABS
1976 KZ900
1991 Sportster XLH 1200

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #108 on: December 29, 2012, 11:26:02 AM »
One NEA union member actually has common sense

Selected parts from: http://townhall.com/columnists/kyleolson/2012/12/29/proud-nea-member-slams-union-opposition-to-guns-on-hand-to-protect-schools-n1475373/page/full/

It was hardly surprising that the National Education Association and the American Federation of Teachers immediately called for stricter gun control laws in the wake of the Newtown, Connecticut school shootings.

It was equally unsurprising that the leaders of both national teachers unions – NEA President Dennis Van Roekel and AFT President Rhonda “Randi” Weingarten – scoffed at the idea of arming school employees to defend their students and colleagues in the event of an attack.

But one teacher/NEA member, David Reber of Lawrence, Kansas, recently provided a common-sense rebuttal for the union leaders to chew on. His very logical ideas were published by Examiner.com.

“Mr. Van Roekel and Ms. Weingarten, consider a scenario. You're in a school and someone comes in shooting. You take cover and you and your students are, temporarily at least, safe. Your cell phone is in your pocket. What would you do next? You'd dial 911, of course. But why? What would the police bring to the situation that you don't already have?

“If you answer ‘badges’ or ‘a fancy car with lights on top,’ you aren't being honest with yourself. You call the police because they will bring guns and they will shoot back.

“Now, what is the average response time for 911 calls? Compare that to the response time of an officer or two that are already on site. How many lives might be saved in that time difference?”

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #109 on: December 30, 2012, 07:06:09 AM »
We have 'resource' (uniformed deputies) officers in the HS here in VA.  I believe this was the result of Columbine.  More than likely, this will now filter down to the middle and elementary schools in the future.  The week before last, just before the schools let out for Christmas, all the schools had deputies posted.  I wouldn't give it a second thought to pay more taxes to support all the schools having these officers.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #110 on: December 30, 2012, 09:43:37 AM »
We have 'resource' (uniformed deputies) officers in the HS here in VA.  I believe this was the result of Columbine.  More than likely, this will now filter down to the middle and elementary schools in the future.  The week before last, just before the schools let out for Christmas, all the schools had deputies posted.  I wouldn't give it a second thought to pay more taxes to support all the schools having these officers.

On a local level NOT federal level I'd hold up my hand to explore this option.... On a fed level we would have another monster equal to or bigger than TSA!
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #111 on: December 30, 2012, 10:56:35 AM »
On a local level NOT federal level I'd hold up my hand to explore this option.... On a fed level we would have another monster equal to or bigger than TSA!

+1 Steve

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #112 on: December 30, 2012, 12:09:31 PM »

Deputies are supported by local county taxes...  The Fed counterpart would be US Marshals I would think..keep it local, I would.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #113 on: December 30, 2012, 12:21:09 PM »
Deputies are supported by local county taxes...  The Fed counterpart would be US Marshals I would think..keep it local, I would.

I kinda figured dat's what you meant....
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #114 on: December 30, 2012, 12:38:13 PM »
Any possibility of tasking the National Guard under state control to train and provide security for our schools?

Offline Bart

« Reply #115 on: December 30, 2012, 04:20:20 PM »
So, I gather that the consensus here is that the problem is not too many guns but not enough guns and Americans just like to kill and without guns they would just find other ways to kill? I find this few of American society sad.

Interesting that you guys feel it will improve American society by turning our schools into armed camps. I saw a cartoon that said the solution was to arm all 6 year olds.

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #116 on: December 30, 2012, 04:26:57 PM »
Don't feed the troll.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #117 on: December 30, 2012, 04:35:17 PM »
Don't feed the troll.
Yeah I know but.....

Yes Bart, it is a very sad commentary on a Liberal influenced society. And my sons started learning about firearms as soon as they could shoulder a Red Rider.

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #118 on: December 30, 2012, 04:36:26 PM »
DON'T FEED THE TROLL
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #119 on: December 30, 2012, 04:38:01 PM »
....sigh  8)