Author Topic: Respects from Portugal ... new GTR fanatic presentation.  (Read 3107 times)

Offline VkRavens

• V.F.F.V
Respects from Portugal ... new GTR fanatic presentation.
« on: March 23, 2014, 04:32:16 PM »
Hi all, first congratulations for this great place.
I'm Marco and I'm a 100% Portuguese motorcycle addict... I don't imagine live without riding. I'm a every year rider, I never add a car and I think the bike I have now is my 15/16 one... I've lost the count. I've made some trips in my short live and hope to do much more in the remaining 102 years of live ehehehe...first big trip was a solo in 2009 on a DL1000 - Portugal/Spain/Andorra/France/Italy(short incursion)/Switzerland and back, around 5000km...I like to wake up in the morning and ride from Lisbon to Jabugo in Spain just for take the breakfast (600km trip) and my last adventure was last October when I made Lisbon-Barcelona-Genéve non stop in 36 hours on a Kawasaki 1500 Drifter to visit a brother that was needing for some support. I'm the founder of a Club that's call Viking Ravens. I just bought and I'm now on the process of bring her to live a 1988 Kawasaki GTR 1000 Concours aka "Old Langskip" that I hope will make many more km of life with me in the future. Well that's all for now and hope some day we can drink a  :chugbeer: somewhere in this world.

this photo was taken when I arrived home at 02.am on the day I bought her...
RESPECT is the word ....

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: Respects from Portugal ... new GTR fanatic presentation.
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 04:37:10 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Nice looking scoot.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 04:52:54 PM »
Welcome!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 09:14:36 PM »
Welcome Marco!  :chugbeer:

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2014, 10:49:40 PM »
Welcome Marco! Did you ride through Grenoble on the way to Genéve? I've spent some time there.

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2014, 04:46:30 AM »
Welcome and congrats, Marco. You've already fulfilled your first duty as a registered member. A picture.
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2014, 06:52:53 AM »
Welcome!  Looks pretty much just like my '87.
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington

jirod

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2014, 08:30:37 AM »
Welcome, Marco. Great looking bike. When you go back to Jabugo, have some ham and drink a Mahou to our health. Ride safe.
Ivan

Offline VkRavens

• V.F.F.V
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2014, 05:58:36 PM »
thank you all for the welcome  8)

Welcome Marco! Did you ride through Grenoble on the way to Genéve? I've spent some time there.

Rhino i've passed near Grenoble ... great views ...i love the French countryside, normally i avoid the cities  8)

Welcome, Marco. Great looking bike. When you go back to Jabugo, have some ham and drink a Mahou to our health. Ride safe.
Ivan

Yes Ivan that's why I go there so many times ... that ham  :hail: and with a  :chugbeer: that's life   ;)
RESPECT is the word ....