Author Topic: New is gone  (Read 4474 times)

Offline azul10

New is gone
« on: May 15, 2011, 05:26:28 PM »
On 5/10/11 I traded my Vmax on a new 2010 Concours and rode it home. Parked it in the garage and got it out Fri. (13) . I didn't even make it out of the drive. I still don't know how it happened exactly. I had backed it from the concrete in front of the garage and took off on the gravel. I think I may have swerved around a hole . I was leaning to the left too far I had the clutch lever depressed and thought to myself to let it out and power out . but the bars were turned too far and I couldn't release the clutch. I was on the gravel. Good thing for the pivoting mirror.  Some scratches on the mirror and a little on the side fairing edge.  Oh well the new is gone now I don't have to worrry or baby it. Let the good times roll :-[

Offline timmerz

Re: New is gone
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 09:02:18 PM »
Ah, that sux Azul...the first scrape is always the hardest to stomach...really sux to be human at times, eh? Really sorry it happened!

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 09:18:30 PM »
Sorry to hear that man

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 09:21:41 PM »
Dropping a Connie is like what Hemingway (sorry 'bout that) said about going bankrupt, "It was slow at first then all of a sudden at the end." I've come "this close" twice to dropping mine in the garage trying to get to the remote door panel but caught it both times. THEN I went and bought a mini opener that I keep in a baggie in my jacket pocket. Every time I read one of these, it makes me stop and go "could've been me."

Bummer, I don't care what you call it.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 08:44:59 PM by Ron Dawg »
2014 C-14 Red

Offline Tom J.

• "Disciples of Displacement" charter member
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 04:58:51 PM »
Sorry to hear that... what year was your Max-  I had a '98.  Lots of fun, but the connie is 10x the bike!!
'08 Kawasaki Concours
'98 Yamaha VMax
'84 Honda V65 Magna
'82 Honda CX500 Custom

Offline goatmar

• Go where God wants you.
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 08:03:39 PM »
Oh man scratches on that beautiful blue....... bummer.........  :'(
Dave Muzzey
COG#7957
'01 Connie "BLUE"