Author Topic: 2010 ABS for sale $4900 SOLD  (Read 4217 times)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
2010 ABS for sale $4900 SOLD
« on: February 12, 2017, 10:26:09 AM »
Loaded with farkles

Valves adjusted 03/30/2017

AreaP full system exhaust with shoodabenengineering.com flash:

Horizon ST 3 way adjustable bars from Hell bars:

Projekt D in the mirrors turn indicators.
I didn't think much of these when I first bought them and rode 99% in bright sunlight but now I commute every morning in the dark and LOVE them.

Rostra electronic cruise control

Corbin saddle

Aluminum luggage rack with passenger back rest.

MC Enterprise canyon cages with rear bag protectors

Projekt D side stand pad

Throttlemiester bar ends (currently adjusted to not lock the throttle as I use the Rostra CC)

See Bailey's ultra tour windscreen plus original OEM screen

Hyperlites flashing brake and turn lights

73350 miles. PR-4 tires with 4600 miles on them. Austin TX area. If your looking for a bike to hop on and tour the country, this one is ready to go.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 12:00:23 PM by Rhino »

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: 2010 ABS for sale $6500
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 12:46:47 PM »
Rhino, good luck with the sale. You're going to stick around aren't you?

Offline Rhino

• Arena
Re: 2010 ABS for sale $6500
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 02:14:13 PM »
Rhino, good luck with the sale. You're going to stick around aren't you?

Thanks GP and absolutely! I'v been on the Ducati/Multisrada forums and not nearly the fun or technical help I find on this forum.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
Re: 2010 ABS for sale $4900
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2017, 06:57:39 AM »
Price lowered $4900.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2017, 10:20:49 AM »
Yikes! At any other time, that would be beyond tempting. But right at the moment, I do not think I can make it work with what is hanging over my head for this summer (house). sigh.

But I gotta' tell ya', a quick trip to Tehas then a pleasant few days northeast and home.... and now, while is it less than 1,500F in Texas (though it might be trouble getting back into New England without studded tires). I could even stop and visit a few people I really like in that state, assuming they are not 1,000 miles out of the way. Oh hell, I would go 1,000 miles out of the way.

To the other folks out there, Rhino has been a known and trusted member of this forum for a long time and I believe he is an honest, straightforward person, making an honest offer. The bike looks beautiful and I am sure it was well maintained and in exactly the condition he represents. Someone ought to jump on this IMO, and with a little luck, maybe we can even get a new ZGGTR contributor out of the deal.

Best of luck with the sale Rhino although I doubt it will be much of a challenge.

Brian

Loaded with farkles

AreaP full system exhaust with shoodabenengineering.com flash:

Horizon ST 3 way adjustable bars from Hell bars:

Projekt D in the mirrors turn indicators.
I didn't think much of these when I first bought them and rode 99% in bright sunlight but now I commute every morning in the dark and LOVE them.

Rostra electronic cruise control

Corbin saddle

Aluminum luggage rack with passenger back rest.

MC Enterprise canyon cages with rear bag protectors

Projekt D side stand pad

Throttlemiester bar ends (currently adjusted to not lock the throttle as I use the Rostra CC)

See Bailey's ultra tour windscreen plus original OEM screen

Hyperlites flashing brake and turn lights

73350 miles. PR-4 tires with 4600 miles on them. Austin TX area. If your looking for a bike to hop on and tour the country, this one is ready to go.

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline demon

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2017, 07:22:25 AM »
surprised it has not sold yet.  Have you thought about parting it out?  Handle bars alone will bring $600 

if you have a way to putting it back to stock, you will make more than $5k by selling the parts off the bike and a bone stoke bike.

If you decide to part it out.  I'm interested in the cruise control and canyon cages.   

I already have some Heli bars and I still have my old handle bars, I also have a stock windshield, we can work something out.  I have a stock exhaust too. 

I know is a long shot but I figure the worst you can say is no...  I'm in Houston so a drive to Austin is not too far for me.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2017, 02:35:08 PM »
surprised it has not sold yet.  Have you thought about parting it out?  Handle bars alone will bring $600 

if you have a way to putting it back to stock, you will make more than $5k by selling the parts off the bike and a bone stoke bike.

If you decide to part it out.  I'm interested in the cruise control and canyon cages.   

I already have some Heli bars and I still have my old handle bars, I also have a stock windshield, we can work something out.  I have a stock exhaust too. 

I know is a long shot but I figure the worst you can say is no...  I'm in Houston so a drive to Austin is not too far for me.

Hi Demon,

Yup I have thought of parting it out. I still have the stock pipe with a Leo Vince slip on but that requires a bit of work and sending the ECU back to Steve for a re-flash. I still have the stock bars but that requires bleeding front brake and clutch. Not a problem but does require some effort. I don't have the stock seat. The value of the CC is more in the installation than the actual unit. You can still buy a new Rostra for $240, what is a used one with the wires clipped and no longer in kit form worth? But the good news is I still love the bike and can ride it some this summer.

Offline zrx mitch

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2017, 03:49:34 PM »
There might local interest for the AreaP. NW of Houston means no shipping, and I have a stock seat I'm not using.  ;)
IBA #18591

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2017, 04:33:41 PM »
You are KILLING me with this thing!

Is it as pristine as it looks? Still under extended warranty? Do you have the stock muffler? How much life left in the tires? Does the bike have linked brakes? Is it set up for a GPS? Is there a train station in your area (passenger train)?

My oldest son just moved to Los Vegas and hell, that is only a day's ride to the west from where you are.

Let's see.... today is 17 Mar 2017.... if I pick up the bike in a couple of weeks, and then kill a few days visiting some folks in Tehas (some of my very favorite [not local] COG folks live in TX), then head west, it would be into April when returning so it is <unlikely> I cannot get back home due to inclement weather.

I should not even be thinking of this but YOU are KILLING me with this thing. I really do love me a C-14 and that thing looks like it has another few miles in it yet....

Brian (frustrated in New England)

Hi Demon,

Yup I have thought of parting it out. I still have the stock pipe with a Leo Vince slip on but that requires a bit of work and sending the ECU back to Steve for a re-flash. I still have the stock bars but that requires bleeding front brake and clutch. Not a problem but does require some effort. I don't have the stock seat. The value of the CC is more in the installation than the actual unit. You can still buy a new Rostra for $240, what is a used one with the wires clipped and no longer in kit form worth? But the good news is I still love the bike and can ride it some this summer.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline demon

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2017, 05:07:53 PM »
SHIPPING FOR THE motorcycle will be around $400   8)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2017, 07:41:04 AM »
Sad to see such a nice bike being sold for so little! (cuz it means that my '08 is worth even less  :( )

Good luck with the sale.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2017, 07:04:41 AM »
No extended warranty. And no, I wouldn't call it pristine. It certainly has the nicks and blemishes you would expect on a well ridden 7 year old bike. I've dropped it several times while stationary. (left a little oil on the garage floor and foot slipped out, forgot to put the side stand down once :doh:, stuff like that) But the canyon cages and rear bag protectors from MCE did their job.

I have the stock pipe with a Leo Vince titanium slip on (CE certified as legal stock replacement they claim). The potato launcher got left in the move from Colorado. The Leo Vince is nice as it is almost as quite as stock but at least 20 lbs lighter and much smaller. If you like it louder you can pull a small baffle and it growls a little more. But you would have to get the ECU re-flashed to put the stock pipe back on. I have no idea how it would run with stock pipe and Steve's AreaP flash but I assume not good. 

The valve cover weeps. I had thought the cam position sensor was leaking again, but when I put the AreaP on I could see clearly it is the valve cover and MOB's oversized O-ring is working perfectly. Needs a valve check and if and when I do that, I'll fix the weep.

Also this bike has an Ape manual CCT as the OEM hydraulic CCT (I still have it somewhere) never was right and the chain always knocked on startup even more than the average C14.

I'll have to look it up for exact mileage on PR4's but around 4k on them and in petty good shape. Certainly enough for Austin->LV->New England. BTW: MotoGP in Austin April 21-23... just saying... nice time of year in Austin before the 100 degree heat.

You are KILLING me with this thing!

Is it as pristine as it looks? Still under extended warranty? Do you have the stock muffler? How much life left in the tires? Does the bike have linked brakes? Is it set up for a GPS? Is there a train station in your area (passenger train)?

My oldest son just moved to Los Vegas and hell, that is only a day's ride to the west from where you are.

Let's see.... today is 17 Mar 2017.... if I pick up the bike in a couple of weeks, and then kill a few days visiting some folks in Tehas (some of my very favorite [not local] COG folks live in TX), then head west, it would be into April when returning so it is <unlikely> I cannot get back home due to inclement weather.

I should not even be thinking of this but YOU are KILLING me with this thing. I really do love me a C-14 and that thing looks like it has another few miles in it yet....

Brian (frustrated in New England)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2017, 07:10:08 AM »
Sad to see such a nice bike being sold for so little! (cuz it means that my '08 is worth even less  :( )

Good luck with the sale.

I agree!  Makes me not want to sell mine.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2017, 07:18:04 AM »
Better keep it...you might get tired of the Barney bike.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2017, 07:43:39 AM »
Better keep it...you might get tired of the Barney bike.

So far I love the Duc. So light and nimble (compared to the C14). In touring or urban mode it glides over bumps and pot holes like they aren't even there. Had it on a dirt road this weekend in enduro mode. And sport mode is amazing in the twisties. But I am concerned about longevity. The C14 has already given me 73,000+ of trouble free miles. Not sure I can expect that out of the Duc. Not to mention, at 9,000 miles (coming up very quick) I'm expecting a wrench/service light to come on that so far, I don't have a way to turn off. Been told I have to take it to a dealer to have it turned off. There is software out there for earlier Ducati ECU's but not for the Bosch ECU on my Multi 1200 S. Far as I'm concerned that's a deal breaker. Not going to drop my bike off for a week and pay $500 for an oil and brake fluid change (also been told the Desmo service at 18,000 is $1500-$2000 :yikes:). So my C14 is in the shop this week for a valve adjust and when it comes back I am also going to change the brake and clutch fluid again, pull the drive shaft and inspect and moly paste on the splines. Should be good for another 73,000 miles. My wife is getting used to having 3 bikes in the garage. That just might be a permanent situation.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
Re: 2010 ABS for sale $4900 Update
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2017, 07:58:02 AM »
Update: valves adjusted by Woods Fun Center in Austin TX 03/30/2017 with new valve cover gaskets. Presumably the oil weep should be fixed. I'll need to ride it some to verify. Also installed new spark plugs.

Offline demon

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2017, 04:43:55 PM »
was the valve clearance off?   I have heard stories that some bikes will not require adjustment to the valves.   

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2017, 04:48:05 PM »
was the valve clearance off?   I have heard stories that some bikes will not require adjustment to the valves.   

Yes. 4 exhaust valves were out of spec and adjusted.

Offline overthehill

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2017, 03:27:39 PM »
pm sent
1987 Connie gone
2003 Goldwing (yikes, no lean angle) gone
1999 Connie gone
2008 Connie

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2017, 06:08:29 AM »