Author Topic: Canyon Cages.....Yeah bunny  (Read 4593 times)

Offline Sgt Mac

Canyon Cages.....Yeah bunny
« on: July 24, 2013, 11:28:57 AM »
Note to self: Never stop in traffic in Italy, they will run you down.

Stopped in a line of traffic at a traffic circle that's under construction, cars in front of me and cars behind me, hell, even a car to my right. Lady pulled out from a cafe to my left, just behind me and ran into the left bag, knocking me over. I was able to calmly step off the bike as it laid down to nap....so, cool points for that. Turned around and made eye contact with an absolutely petrified woman who looked as though she had just seen a ghost (wearing a florescent orange safety vest, standing over a very large silver motorcycle) appear out of thin air.......magic I tell you. She spoke very good English (probably better than I do) and was truly apologetic. After calming her down considerably, I looked the bike over and noticing no damage, we shook hands and parted ways.

No damage to the bike other than the Canyon Cages, I'll just touch them up myself. So to Ryan at MC Enterprises I say thank you for a job well done on a product that works as intended and advertised.

The part of the bag that broke her headlight

Rear cage

Front cage

No Harm, No Foul
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 01:10:27 PM by Sgt Mac »

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Canyon Cages.....Yeah bunny
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 04:58:53 PM »
Glad you were not hurt!

It really is amazing how we are "invisible" to some dorkwads no matter what we wear, where we sit, what lights there, are, etc.

Canyons are good stuff!  Looks like a little black touchup paint and you are on your way.

I am surprised you didn't force her to pay for repairing your bag she hit.  It is just a scuff, but that would drive me crazy :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Sgt Mac

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 10:22:38 PM »
Glad you were not hurt!

It really is amazing how we are "invisible" to some dorkwads no matter what we wear, where we sit, what lights there, are, etc.

Canyons are good stuff!  Looks like a little black touchup paint and you are on your way.

I am surprised you didn't force her to pay for repairing your bag she hit.  It is just a scuff, but that would drive me crazy :)

It would be more trouble than it's worth, the only 'authorized' repair shop for my insurance company (only have 2 choices) is 4 hours away. Whether at fault or not, I'm going to get the ticket and scuffs and scrapes don't bother me, so gotta let it go.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 10:54:00 PM »
Glad to hear yer ok SM!  :grouphug: :chugbeer:

But I still don't get why Kawi painted that section on the 10+...  ???

Had it been an 08/09 you wouldn't even see that mark...  :-\

Offline p07r0457

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 11:39:13 PM »

I work at a company that is in the motorcycle industry.  Many of the employees ride motorcycles.  We have a row of parking spots dedicated to motorcycles.  You get an incentive gift card every week that you ride your motorcycle to work at least 4 times.  At least a couple times a month we'll have several manufacturer "demo" bikes chilling in our lot so we can check them out (and you can ride them if licensed and added to the company insurance policy).

Despite ALL of this motorcycle-enthusiasm, I still have to be uber careful when pulling in/out of our parking lot as I've been nearly-hit several times by coworkers driving their cages -- seemingly unaware that a large man on a large motorcycle nearly smashed through their windshield.

And that's in the parking lot of a company that bleeds motorcycles..

It is downright SCARY to think how unaware and ignorant the normal population is towards motorcyclists when driving on public streets.
2009 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS - Candy Diamond Red
1986 Honda CB700SC Nighthawk S - Candy Aleutian Blue and Shasta White
2017 Acura MDX SH-AWD Advance - White Diamond Pearl
2018 Infiniti QX30 Premium AWD - Majestic White

Offline clogan

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 03:58:59 AM »
Heck, I've seen cagers pull out in front of 40,000 pound fire engines, even with lights flashing and sirens going. It's no surprise that an itty bitty motorcycle is invisible when motorists have such a hard time seeing enormous, screaming, flashing emergency vehicles!!!

After all, between sips of latte, putting on makeup, and handling texting, there's no room left for noticing bikers.  :o
2010 Neptune blue C14
2009 blue KLR
2013 DRZ400

Offline RyanMCEnterprises

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2013, 09:31:37 AM »
First off, I'm glad to hear that you were not hurt. Sounds like you got extremely lucky given the circumstances regarding the wreck. However, I'm glad the Canyon Cages did their job and protected your bike! It would have been a hell of a lot worse if you had to shell out a few grand for new plastics...
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!