Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 853314 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #80 on: September 16, 2014, 04:36:36 AM »
That's good...changes are in the wind...  I'll post a ride report a bit later.

Rut row raggy.   ???
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline rocknrod

• 2013 C14 - Blue
« Reply #81 on: September 16, 2014, 02:39:52 PM »
Wife text me that my new Baldwin seat is in - Pics to come  :banana
Master Chief, US Navy, Retired
2013 C14 Blue, Fenda Extenda, Radiator Screen, HeliBars, Glove Box Mod, 3M paint Protector, Rostra Cruise Control, TechSpec Tank Grips, Lowering Links and Side Stand, Front lowered, Lowered center stand, Balwin Seat.

sailor_chic

« Reply #82 on: September 16, 2014, 03:36:05 PM »
I put another 425 miles on mine today :)

sailor_chic

« Reply #83 on: September 19, 2014, 06:39:31 AM »
 :'( Well, due to my own stupidity, I found out first hand how well the Canyon cages protect the side of the bike. I won't go into details about what happened, due to embarrassment, but it was a dumb mistake that happened in my own garage and was completely unavoidable!
And this act of stupidity lead me to being able to try the backward lifting technique as well. 

A little bit of sandpaper use, and some satin black spray paint and I was able to go to bike night and show off my new bike.

Offline Stephen.G.Fiddes

• They don't call me crash for nothing...
« Reply #84 on: September 19, 2014, 07:53:14 AM »
:'( Well, due to my own stupidity, I found out first hand how well the Canyon cages protect the side of the bike. I won't go into details about what happened, due to embarrassment, but it was a dumb mistake that happened in my own garage and was completely unavoidable!
And this act of stupidity lead me to being able to try the backward lifting technique as well. 

A little bit of sandpaper use, and some satin black spray paint and I was able to go to bike night and show off my new bike.

Sorry to hear!  At least you had the cages on!   I dropped mine the day i bought it before i even had a chance to order the cages... 
2013 Kawasaki Concours 14 - CURRENT
2012 Yamaha V-Star 250 - WIFE'S
2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650R - SOLD
1982 Honda CM450E - SOLD

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #85 on: September 19, 2014, 09:48:30 AM »

Hopefully you broke the bike's fall with your body as I did when I forgot to put the side stand down.  Took me awhile to get out from under it and get it righted as no one was at home to help.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #86 on: September 20, 2014, 06:12:03 AM »

Oh come now! You have to share your story even if it is embarrassing, you may help prevent someone from doing the same.

Most of us have a similar story I'm sure. The first, and only, time my bike went down was because of my stupidity too. I went to move my bike in the garage and didn't realize that I bumped the side stand. I set the bike down and turned around. The next sound I heard was VERY bad and then there was a LOT of swearing.  :(

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Jim H

« Reply #87 on: September 20, 2014, 03:14:23 PM »
  Last night got a new PR3 put on to get ready for a couple hundred mile ride today into central Pa's famous route 125.  Took about 80 miles on some nice curvy roads so the tire was getting scrubbed pretty well by the time the real fun started!  The tire really makes you confident in its ability!  WOW.  I went over further and further till just about the edge!  Next time! LOL 

For those not in the know,  route 125 is like a mini Tail of the Dragon if you will.  When you see the turns that say 15mph that is about all you can do!  There are some wild switchbacks and hard turns.  We decided to go off this route for awhile to go to a part of the mountain hang gliders jump off....what a view.  Then back to 125 down into Pinegrove and 895 back. 

One last thing,  did it using econ mode for giggles!  I actually got 25 miles further before the low fuel came on and I was not going easy....many high speed runs to pass line of traffic and keeping the revs up thru the tight turns to come out strong.......all in all a great day.  Oh,  put on a Cee Baileys large screen and wow,  the buffeting is gone except all the way down. 

Offline tomp

« Reply #88 on: September 20, 2014, 04:02:10 PM »
Sounds like a great time was had.  Roads like that are a good 350 miles for me, one way.  Can't make a day trip like you took.  Is that a State Hiway or a farm road?   

FWIW, rodea while in the typical Saturday heavy traffic, on a bill paying run.  More fun than paying on line or dropping the envelopes in the mail box, even with the traffic.
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline tomp

« Reply #89 on: September 20, 2014, 09:10:41 PM »
Saw these on line, and decided to post the link.  An '08 w 44k miles at a $6k listing.  I'm sure they will go down some.  This is where I got my 08, and they treated me very fairly. Anyone in the Texas coast area, around Houston, interested, here's an intro into the Concours world, at a seems to me, decent price. 

http://www.wildwestmotoplex.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?veh=54311&pov=3846030

They have an 08 with 17K miles at $7500, but I'm sure that is negotiable, too.  Strange finding two 14's at one dealer, used.

http://www.wildwestmotoplex.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?veh=54311&pov=3751874

Offline scubadoguk

« Reply #90 on: September 21, 2014, 04:17:09 PM »
Not all my own work but my second Concours c10 THIS happen on Friday on the way to work
poo poo occurs..British by birth American by choice

Offline tomp

« Reply #91 on: September 21, 2014, 04:29:30 PM »
Took a ride on Fam roads.  Enjoyable time and passed dozens of Harleys.  Most even waved to me.  I guess they are called cruisers for a reason.  Yes I do own one of them too, but today was not a cruising day for me. 

Hope everyone had a good day riding. 

Offline rocknrod

• 2013 C14 - Blue
« Reply #92 on: September 21, 2014, 06:32:43 PM »
My new Baldwin seat installed. Rode from Tonopah, NV to Las Vegas, NV and back. Most enjoyable.
2013 C14 Blue, Fenda Extenda, Radiator Screen, HeliBars, Glove Box Mod, 3M paint Protector, Rostra Cruise Control, TechSpec Tank Grips, Lowering Links and Side Stand, Front lowered, Lowered center stand, Balwin Seat.

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #93 on: September 21, 2014, 06:35:33 PM »
Not all my own work but my second Concours c10 THIS happen on Friday on the way to work
Cool. That's one way to get a new bike. :banana :banana :banana :banana
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #94 on: September 21, 2014, 07:58:54 PM »
Congrats :chugbeer: :finger_fing11: going to hang onto it long enough to do it again  :D

Offline Conrad

« Reply #95 on: September 22, 2014, 04:39:47 AM »

:thumbs:

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #96 on: September 22, 2014, 04:52:09 AM »
Put my large CB ultra back on the bike in prep for riding in cooler weather...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline 1jeep

« Reply #97 on: September 22, 2014, 06:43:26 AM »
My new Baldwin seat installed. Rode from Tonopah, NV to Las Vegas, NV and back. Most enjoyable.

How do you like the baldwin seat? what made you chose them over the others?

Offline Jim M.

• 2008 C-14
« Reply #98 on: September 22, 2014, 06:49:35 AM »
Put highway pegs on the Canyon Cages. Great to have the option and stretch out my legs for a while!

Offline rocknrod

• 2013 C14 - Blue
« Reply #99 on: September 22, 2014, 07:38:59 AM »
How do you like the baldwin seat? what made you chose them over the others?
On my first leg down to Las Vegas I didn't feel my but at all until close to Vegas. On the ride back I didn't feel it at all. So I guess it gets better.
I like it.
Why Baldwin and not Day Long? I don't know. Web site was easier for me to deal with. I got an answer from Loren right away when I asked a question, took a shot. They probably all are close.