Author Topic: Australia praises motorcycles  (Read 1664 times)

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
Australia praises motorcycles
« on: December 06, 2012, 02:11:51 PM »
This is a switch.  From being the enemies of society to getting a good word.  Spread this around, maybe we can change the attitude towards motorcycles in this country, too.

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news--general-news/australian-government-praises-bikers/21915.html

A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Offline Cholla

• Arena
Re: Australia praises motorcycles
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 03:08:36 PM »
Why do I get a bad feeling some new legislation is looming on the horizon?
Beware the Black Widows...Feared throughout the land!

Offline graham downunder

• Arena
Re: Australia praises motorcycles
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 11:30:36 PM »
Cholla you are right to be afraid ,I'm over in the USA for a while so I looked at this report from home . The Politician is our equivilant of your Barny Franks . They are about to screw people who enjoy the road ,they just do not want you to know it.
One of our states has passed a new law that makes it very hard for a diabetic to keep their licence if they require insulin injections ,I am am not exactly sure of the level but my friend in that state will loose his car and motorcycle licence and his job as he is a medical courier .In the state I come from they have made it very hard for commecial vechicle drivers to keep their licence when they are over 50 ? the medicals you have to undergo have seen a lot of truckies etc loose their licence.