Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 852726 times)

Offline tomp

Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #120 on: September 25, 2014, 09:27:39 PM »
Cleaned the love bugs off the bike from the last ride.  Those of you that don't have them every year about this time are blessed.  Since they love to couple and fly around, you get a double splat all over the bike.  Have a good  ride planned for next weekend, a long one I hope. 

Everyone have a fun and safe weekend, where ever you are... tomp
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline Conrad

« Reply #121 on: September 26, 2014, 04:42:30 AM »
snip...

I took my Aeroform helmet locks to the locksmith and she re-keyed them to my saddlebag key. A well spent $20

This is the helmet lock from Projekt D correct? http://projektd.com/product_info.php?products_id=163

When I first bought my locks a few years ago I took a quick look at in with thoughts of having it re-keyed. The bike's key looked so different than the lock's key that I didn't even take it to the locksmith. I may have to give that another thought now. Thanks!
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #122 on: September 26, 2014, 04:43:52 AM »
Today I made a custom black cover for the ugly nut holding the left side of the canyon cages, Also painted the allen bolt heads on the middle mount black & installed some plugs in them to clean up the look. I also fabricated extenders for the Rivco pegs that bring them out a little over an extra inch.

What did you use for the CC nut cover?

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

sailor_chic

« Reply #123 on: September 26, 2014, 06:50:29 AM »
This is the helmet lock from Projekt D correct? http://projektd.com/product_info.php?products_id=163

When I first bought my locks a few years ago I took a quick look at in with thoughts of having it re-keyed. The bike's key looked so different than the lock's key that I didn't even take it to the locksmith. I may have to give that another thought now. Thanks!

Yes that is the helmet lock that I have. I suppose it is the luck of the draw if the key will fit, since our bikes have a left or right hand key.

Offline zarticus

• Arena
« Reply #124 on: September 26, 2014, 05:46:30 PM »
What did you use for the CC nut cover?
A 3/4" chromed plastic nut cover cut down to make it shorter & then covered with a 3/4" black plastic chair leg bottom also cut down  :chugbeer:
2012 Kawasaki Concours 14 -  Candy Arabian Red
2014 Kawasaki Vaquero - Candy Burnt Orange
1986 Honda V65 Magna - Black
1984 Honda V65 Magna - Black

Offline Conrad

« Reply #125 on: September 27, 2014, 06:46:20 AM »
A 3/4" chromed plastic nut cover cut down to make it shorter & then covered with a 3/4" black plastic chair leg bottom also cut down  :chugbeer:

Thanks! I'll see what I can put together.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #126 on: September 27, 2014, 08:05:54 AM »
This is for this Sunday....ride it in circles.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #127 on: September 27, 2014, 09:25:49 AM »
Both direction to keep it all in check.  ;) ;)

Offline Jim H

« Reply #128 on: September 27, 2014, 02:28:55 PM »
washed it finally last night,  went for a ride little over 100 miles and got to meet a member in person.  Good day. 

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #129 on: September 27, 2014, 05:06:18 PM »
Let the Bike warm up to 3 bars did TPS re calibration then went for a little ride. Little cool on the Highway had to pull over and put my electric vest on and turn the grip warmer up to half, then all was good. Didn't encounter one bug ;D  .

sailor_chic

« Reply #130 on: September 27, 2014, 06:31:37 PM »
I gave mine a kiss goodbye. I left town for work today and will be gone 22 days.

Offline tomp

« Reply #131 on: September 27, 2014, 06:37:02 PM »
I gave mine a kiss goodbye. I left town for work today and will be gone 22 days.

Have a great time.  Check in when your return.  I'm sure  you will find every problem resolved, and question answered.  ;D tomp

Offline Pilgrim

• '12 Black
« Reply #132 on: September 29, 2014, 03:56:12 PM »

Said Happy 2nd Anniversary to it today. 10,000 miles of smiles.
Embarrassed the guy in the BMW on the highway on the way home from work.
Then changed the oil & filter.

Offline BruceR

• Arena
« Reply #133 on: September 29, 2014, 05:28:55 PM »
Hard wired the TomTom Rider gps cradle, decided to order a lot of farkles- fenda extenda, fender eliminator, hugger, Top Blocks, sliders, new seat (hopefully) on it's way.  Iffy on keeping the Simtec grip heaters or going with hotgrips....

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #134 on: September 29, 2014, 06:17:19 PM »
 :) ka-chinggggg

Offline Conrad

« Reply #135 on: October 02, 2014, 04:49:04 AM »
I replaced the OEM brake pads, front and rear, with EBCs yesterday. I cleaned the rotors, pistons, and calipers really well. Took her for a ride and bedded in the new pads.

These pads are a bit nosier than the stockers but they stop the bike VERY nicely.  :thumbs:

I had a bit of pulsation from the front brakes before the change and that's now gone. The rear pads were wore down to the wear indicators but the fronts were not, except for the outboard left side pads. These pads were WAY past the wear indicators and almost down to the metal of the backing plate. What's up with that? Everything seems to be moving and working ok so I don't understand the uneven wear.   

Offline tomp

« Reply #136 on: October 09, 2014, 06:03:15 PM »
Did a good ride past weekend, and got my share of bug guts on it.  Went out to clean them off, but it was too hot (90's) in the garage, so went for a short ride, and parked it.  Suppose to rain all weekend, so maybe bugs be gone then.   

sailor_chic

« Reply #137 on: October 09, 2014, 06:50:40 PM »
I'm jealous, I want to ride my bike(s).

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #138 on: October 10, 2014, 04:02:14 PM »
I cleaned 3000+ miles worth of baked on bug guts off with some bug and tar remover. That stuff worked great and the bike looks better than it has in months years. I actually removed the windshield to clean the back of it and behind it.
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline tomp

« Reply #139 on: October 10, 2014, 04:47:53 PM »
Rode mine to a dealership and back home, in typical horrible traffic.  While there, I got a job selling for therm.  They do sell Kawi's, but I will be selling BMW's, Ducati's, and specializing in Triumph's.  FWIW, unemployment sucks, and don't care what I sell, I'm keeping my C14.