Author Topic: Ride Arizona  (Read 2337 times)

Offline wildnphx

• Arena
Ride Arizona
« on: May 07, 2012, 10:40:21 AM »
So a couple sportbike friends decide to do a overnighter and of course the Concours is always ready for a little over night trip but I figured our navigator would have kept us on paved roads but that turned out not to be the case.  The Concours handled the off road excursion no problems in fact I was having fun powersliding around the corners a little to bad the clean up sucked but at least I didn't have a chain to worry about :)  We did about 800 miles over two day and the owners of the 02 and 08 Hayabusa's and the 09 Yamaha R1 found out exactly what a Concours was and even at speeds (that can't be talked about in specifics) the Concours was right next to them.  It was funny to hear the owner of the R1 after a very high speed stretch say to me what kind of bike is that again?  That thing hauls ass!!  :)  I had such a great time even though the original plan of hitting southern Utah never happened.  I must say the Full Muzzy Exhaust with PCV/Autotune and ZX14 Thottleboddy's really paid off on this trip!!

I will post a few pics a little later today... 
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 02:39:31 PM by wildnphx »

Offline ZG

• Arena
Re: Ride Arizona
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 01:11:21 PM »
Tried to see the pics but it says... "This group's content is available only to members" 
 :(

Offline wildnphx

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 02:38:52 PM »
Tried to see the pics but it says... "This group's content is available only to members" 
 :(

Give me a bit and I'll post a few for ya...   

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 02:42:34 PM »
 :popcorn:

Offline wildnphx

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 10:20:05 PM »
Pictures as promised

Offline wildnphx

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 10:21:54 PM »
More Pictures

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 10:25:34 PM »
Pictures as promised

I think I recognize that first pic, are you by chance in a Taco Time parking lot right off the hwy at Flagstaff?? If so, I stopped and had food there on my way home from bringing my Turbo home from Kentucky to Oregon...  :-\

That Connie in the dirt pic makes me nervous, but good times bro! Thanks for sharing!  :chugbeer:

Offline CIG4R

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012, 07:28:31 AM »
Looks like a good time, great scenery.
Dual sport'n on a Connie, oh man.
What do you have the lap top connected to?

Offline wildnphx

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2012, 05:06:59 PM »
Looks like a good time, great scenery.
Dual sport'n on a Connie, oh man.
What do you have the lap top connected to?

Power Commander - Just looking over the Trim tables from the autotune...

Offline wildnphx

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2012, 05:10:06 PM »

I think I recognize that first pic, are you by chance in a Taco Time parking lot right off the hwy at Flagstaff?? If so, I stopped and had food there on my way home from bringing my Turbo home from Kentucky to Oregon...  :-\

That Connie in the dirt pic makes me nervous, but good times bro! Thanks for sharing!  :chugbeer:

Yes the connie in the dirt made me nervous as well but it was a blast flying along at 60 or so down the dirt road and even shooting a few roostertails...   It is all fun and games until you loose control which thankfully never happened :) 

Not sure about the Taco Time...  We were in Hotel Parking lot and had just finished washing the dirt off the bikes.