Author Topic: What makes me crazy and annoyed..  (Read 456362 times)

Offline jettawreck

Re: What makes me crazy and annoyed..
« Reply #1200 on: October 09, 2015, 06:11:19 AM »
Sort of amazing that the ambulance chaser types would make offers for "compensation" before VW has even made known what they will do for a solution or made a possible buy back offer.
Those sort of endless ads on TV make me crazy and annoyed.
This street bike thing is all new to me.
Snowmobiles-I have a bunch of those.

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #1201 on: October 09, 2015, 10:45:20 AM »
...lazy jack asses that don't get out of their car to get their mail out of their mailboxes!   >:(

They pull over on the wrong side of the road facing into oncoming traffic to do this.   

I saw a good one on the way home from work today, and another car involved in the chaos almost took me out.

Oh, man ... very few things get me crazy and annoyed, BUT ... the house across from me has renters in it ... no need to discuss details about them, but I'm quite confident they'd be Obama supporters (not that there's anything wrong with that?) ... so that house's mailbox is on a shared post with mine on my side of the road, right next to my paved driveway. So, like you said, these lazy f..ks would pull up to their mailbox, facing traffic ... even at night!! ... so cars coming toward them would see headlights on the WRONG side of the road and have to slow way down not knowing what the heck is going on, 'why the hell is there a car to my RIGHT facing me??'

So, that's one thing ... and of course that didn't really affect me since that's between them, other drivers and the po-po ... BUT, after getting their mail they had to back up to then be able to make the right turn across the road and into their driveway. WELL, the EASY thing to do was to back into my driveway ... I have no problem with normal people pulling into my driveway for normal reasons ... but every time they did it they'd run across the edge of my driveway's curve, with their wheels turned and then turning them from L to R to straighten them to head across the road to their side, they had starting breaking the edge of my pavement off!!!

Solution you ask? Hey, I'm the one that purchased and installed the post that our mailboxes are sitting on  :thumbs:, SO ... I went out there and moved it! ... much closer to the road ... so now if they do it about half their car is in the oncoming lane! They quit  :battle:

Sorry mailman ... I had to do it.

Now that **** made me crazy and annoyed  :battle:  >:( ... but I seem to have solved it  :thumbs:

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #1202 on: October 09, 2015, 10:54:51 AM »
... oh and BTW, there's a local county deputy nearby who does similar: He lives on a dead-end cul-de-sac road, with his house being on the right when he turns on to the road, and with his mailbox also on the right, beside his driveway. So, when he comes home every day, he passes his house and drives to the end where the cul-de-sac is and comes back so his mailbox is on his left, gets his mail, from the window of his publicly funded cruiser, and then pulls into his driveway. I just measured with Google Earth: It's all of 78 feet from his house to his mailbox.

:banghead:
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 02:44:42 PM by Conniesaki »

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #1203 on: October 09, 2015, 11:51:50 AM »
My lazy as :censored: mailman won't walk my packages up to the porch anymore... (see pic)... this is how he leaves them now... for anyone and their Uncle to just drive on by and help themselves to them. :banghead: I was lucky in this case, the dumb son of a :censored: delivered this package to the wrong address, again!  :nuts: 
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1204 on: October 09, 2015, 12:00:02 PM »
My lazy as :censored: mailman won't walk my packages up to the porch anymore... (see pic)... this is how he leaves them now... for anyone and their Uncle to just drive on by and help themselves to them. :banghead: I was lucky in this case, the dumb son of a :censored: delivered this package to the wrong address, again!  :nuts:

Your porch does appear to be uphill from the street. That's quite an incline ya know?   ::)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #1205 on: October 09, 2015, 12:06:23 PM »
Your porch does appear to be uphill from the street. That's quite an incline ya know?   ::)

I was told that was part of their new publicly funded health plan.  8)
Rob

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #1206 on: October 09, 2015, 01:43:05 PM »

when I lived in the boondocks of Va., on a remote rural paved road, my house was on a "non public" gravel road, with 9 other houses on it, there was a communal multi malbox "fence" on the mainroad where our boxes were, my house was the closest, and it was about 200ft from the box... no big deal, I could actually see the boxes, and when mail got delivered, most time I would walk down and get my junkmail, I'm not lazy...
When I worked late, or in the winter, I would do the pull up and grab on the wrongside of the road, but again, this was out in BFE, not in a developed area whatsoever...
we got a new mail carrier that seemed to be a bit less timely in delivery, and frequently dropped mail off 5-6p.m. at times... oh, and they would not drop boxes on the porch like our prior carrier always did....
I worked really late one night, and pulled up around 8, seeing a box sitting on top of the mailboxes, just out of kindness I checked and it was for my wife... if it would have been a neighbor, I would have still picked it up and taken it to their house... when I handed it to my wife she got a strange look on her face, and when I asked what it was she said it was something she bought online for our granddaughters xmas gift.....
Xmas day, when I opened a similar sized box, containing my Garmin 2610 gps, which she paid like $500 for as they just came out, she told me that was the box sitting on the road.... amazing

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #1207 on: October 09, 2015, 01:56:53 PM »
I share the same numerical address as the guy around the corner from me.  So we get each others mail ALL of the time.  In this case, I got his Kuerig K-Cup order... and I know how much of a :censored: I am when I don't have my in the morning, so I just walked it over and dropped it off on his porch... like Mr. Mailman should have done.  8)
Rob

Offline Cold Streak

« Reply #1208 on: October 09, 2015, 02:49:04 PM »
I had a neighbor that would start his car, roll down his window, grab his garbage cart, drive to the end of his driveway, all of 25 feet, then back up into his garage again.  After the garbage truck came, the process would be repeated, in reverse.  The only time this guy walked anywhere was when he saw me in the yard with a beer because he knew if he came over I'd offer him one.  Then he'd stand there and bs about all of his grand plans until his beer was gone.  When I didn't go get him another one he'd leave.  None of his plans ever came to fruition, big surprise.  His wife was beautiful and was a VP of a big company.  She finally dumped him.  All I could say was what took her so long. 

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1209 on: October 09, 2015, 02:54:11 PM »
but every time they did it they'd run across the edge of my driveway's curve, with their wheels turned and then turning them from L to R to straighten them to head across the road to their side, they had starting breaking the edge of my pavement off!!!

I had the same problem with a stupid-ass, inconsiderate neighbor who thought MY driveway was theirs to use, all the time, instead of driving around the block.  They ruined my grass and damaged my sprinkler head.  My solution?  I put a cinderblock standing up, next to the driveway at the damaged sprinkler head.  I have no confirmation it damaged their car, but mysteriously the problem stopped after the block was knocked over once....
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #1210 on: October 09, 2015, 03:08:46 PM »
I had the same problem with a stupid-ass, inconsiderate neighbor who thought MY driveway was theirs to use, all the time, instead of driving around the block.  They ruined my grass and damaged my sprinkler head.  My solution?  I put a cinderblock standing up, next to the driveway at the damaged sprinkler head.  I have no confirmation it damaged their car, but mysteriously the problem stopped after the block was knocked over once....

:thumbs: That makes me the opposite of crazy and annoyed.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1211 on: November 01, 2015, 03:30:19 PM »
ASIAN BEETLES ..... every late fall these freaking bugs come out of the ground or maybe HELL to infest everything and everywhere. Any minute crack and they're in the house. You walk outside and they're your hair, your nose and anywhere else they please. And they stink when you smash them. Went for a ride today down around the cypress swamps and I'd ride through clouds of them. It'd sound like someone threw a handful of BBs in the air when they would hit the windshield and face shield. Really pissed cause I already washed the bike once this year. DEATH to BEETLES!!!  >:(

Edit:  They are ubiquitous.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1212 on: November 01, 2015, 04:25:46 PM »
ASIAN BEETLES ..... every late fall these freaking bugs come out of the ground or maybe HELL to infest everything and everywhere. Any minute crack and they're in the house. You walk outside and they're your hair, your nose and anywhere else they please. And they stink when you smash them. Went for a ride today down around the cypress swamps and I'd ride through clouds of them. It'd sound like someone threw a handful of BBs in the air when they would hit the windshield and face shield. Really pissed cause I already washed the bike once this year. DEATH to BEETLES!!!  >:(

We have those things up here too. Our Dachshund likes to eat em. She makes a crazy face when she first bites into one.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1213 on: November 01, 2015, 05:11:34 PM »
Pictures please.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #1214 on: November 01, 2015, 06:32:04 PM »
Making a very good salary, but still not being able to afford real estate where you live.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1215 on: November 02, 2015, 03:30:04 AM »
Pictures please.
Jim, they are orange lady bugs. I have a dumb phone so I can't take pics but I can send you a bag full if you want to see them close up.  :)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1216 on: November 02, 2015, 03:32:01 AM »
Making a very good salary, but still not being able to afford real estate where you live.
Just as bad is being able to afford the mortgage payments but not the tribute to the Government added on top.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1217 on: November 02, 2015, 03:51:19 AM »
Jim, they are orange lady bugs. I have a dumb phone so I can't take pics but I can send you a bag full if you want to see them close up.  :)

I know.  I had one in my home the other day.  I want to see pics of Conrad's dach eating one.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1218 on: November 02, 2015, 04:42:47 AM »
I know.  I had one in my home the other day.  I want to see pics of Conrad's dach eating one.

I'll see what I can do for ya.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1219 on: November 02, 2015, 05:09:53 AM »

Excellent use of the word of the day!  5 stars.