Author Topic: Iowa ride  (Read 3193 times)

Offline snarf

• Arena
Iowa ride
« on: June 15, 2011, 09:43:39 AM »
"Saturday, June 18, 2011 - All Iowa Meet-N-Greet at State Center.  A repeat of
last year's inaugural event, the  Meet-N-Greet's central location gives all Iowa
COGgers a chance to say hello.  Coinciding with the annual Rose Festival,
there's plenty to see and do in historic State Center when you get tired of the
COGgers.  Meet at high noon in front of the fire station (site for pie and ice
cream)."

Any Iowa boys headed to this?  I plan on attending
2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline fisheyes

Re: Iowa ride
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 01:31:43 AM »
Well, you got me thinkin about it, I could make a day of it.  I would be heading in from Omaha.  If anyone wants to meet up along the way or has road suggestions that would be great, i would prefer not to slab the whole way but as long as i dont get flooded out trying to get home ill be happy... :-[     

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 10:09:10 AM »
I cant ride with ya, but I sure can meet up with you.  Hope to see ya there :thumbs:
2002 Conc

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline Jerry R.

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 10:30:08 AM »
I plan to attend as well. 

It would be great to get a few more peole attending, even if they're from out of state.   ;)

Jerry Roland

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 10:56:19 AM »
I plan to attend as well. 

It would be great to get a few more peole attending, even if they're from out of state.   ;)

Jerry Roland
Alright Jerry :thumbs: :thumbs:  I even going drag that no good Goldwing riding father of mine along :o
2002 Conc

Offline fisheyes

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 12:24:39 PM »
well im going to try, I've got a small patch of poison ivy on my cheek from trail riding on the 4wheelers this weekend so it kinda depends if that is gone by sat morning, dont think i want to ride 400 miles with the helmet pads rubbing on poison ivy.  :-\

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 12:30:01 PM »
well im going to try, I've got a small patch of poison ivy on my cheek from trail riding on the 4wheelers this weekend so it kinda depends if that is gone by sat morning, dont think i want to ride 400 miles with the helmet pads rubbing on poison ivy.  :-\
Improvise, adapt, and overcome.  Just remove that cheekpad...good to go.  Is there anything else I can help ya out with ???
2002 Conc

Offline fisheyes

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 03:06:15 PM »
That should do the trick.

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2011, 07:47:57 AM »
Woo-hoo we had three COG members attend.  Not bad except two of us rode together.
2002 Conc

Offline Jerry R.

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2011, 07:30:19 PM »
Great! A 50% increase over last year.  At this rate we'll have 4 1/2 people there next year.   ;)

Looking forward to the Gathering in the Grove, the next event I hope not to wimp out of!   :-[

As always, I'd like to hear from anyone who has an idea for an Iowa event.  Maybe a tech session?  I don't think we've had one yet.

Jerry Roland

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2011, 08:29:04 AM »
Great! A 50% increase over last year.  At this rate we'll have 4 1/2 people there next year.   ;)

Looking forward to the Gathering in the Grove, the next event I hope not to wimp out of!   :-[

As always, I'd like to hear from anyone who has an idea for an Iowa event.  Maybe a tech session?  I don't think we've had one yet.

Jerry Roland
Jerry you really missed out.  This was a big deal!!!  The kind folks from State Center amd surrounding areas had a parade to honor us :rotflmao: :chugbeer:, heck they even had a bunch of vendors there.  The vendors were not selling any bike stuff though, I thought that was a little odd :loco:
2002 Conc