Author Topic: My encounter with a Prius  (Read 2761 times)

Offline Shadowofshoe

• Arena
  • Mastiff pup/human pup
My encounter with a Prius
« on: March 17, 2012, 11:37:23 AM »

Well it's an absolutely beautiful day in Central Ohio today and I am riding home from work though a rather "tony" area called Upper Arlington. I hit 2 red lights and notice a rather pretty woman in a Prius to my right both times. At the second light she's smiling at me......then her rear window rolls down to unveil 3 quite cute( oldest maybe 6 yrs) smiling kids. Obviously the want to interact with the man on the m/c. So the conversation goes like this:

Cute kids chorus: " Hiiiiii !!!
  Bike Guy:" Hi..how are you?"
 Cute kids : nervous hesitation
   Bike Guy: "Are you all enjoying the nice weather?"
   Cute kids : nervous hesitation
    Mom rolls her window down and replies in the affirmative.
   Boy closest to me: "Doing that is bad for the earth...riding a motorcycle!"
   Mom turns her head around laughing: "no its not." to the kid.
         Embarrassed all windows go up and we are laughing as we leave the light.

Point is what are and who is brainwashing our children-that comment should not come out of a 6 yr old if I was dumping toxic waste on the road-many other things should be at the forefront of their mind at this point.???

Mike 
Sooooo....we are about to be a Nation that makes you prove you have insurance-but it's not necessary to prove that you are indeed a Citizen of that Nation?

Offline sherob

• Arena
Re: My encounter with a Prius
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 11:55:54 AM »
Ahhh... the Pious drivers.  ;D  Surrounded with all that plastic, made from petroleum... wearing some outfit, with poly in it, made from petroleum... cruising to McDonalds for the kids so they have a Happy Meal and play in the huge plastic PlayLand, made from petroleom.  LOL!!!  ;D  j/k

My 14 y/o daughter comes home from school sometimes with BS from her science teacher... I make her look the facts up, show her there are two sides to a coin, and not to believe everything that comes out of his mouth as gospel.  8)
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline Bosco

• Arena
  • USA
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 12:44:21 PM »
Well we have a Prius, and it is good to see that the woman was not a jerk like I know some Prius owners are. We have the car because it make sense for us financially, not because we are saving the planet.
1999 Concours Sold
2009 Concours ABS

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 06:09:05 PM »
"Bike guy" should go home and get his RG500 smoker and ride wheelies past them...  ;)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 06:16:37 PM »
Well we have a Prius, and it is good to see that the woman was not a jerk like I know some Prius owners are. We have the car because it make sense for us financially, not because we are saving the planet.

+1. That's why I bought mine.  I drive a lot and wanted to save some money on gas so that I could pay for fuel for the C14.

And of course, I had to wade in on this one....  :)
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline lt1

• 2008 C14
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 10:59:48 PM »
I saw a Prius a few months back with this plastered on the rear window:  "I'm not speeding, Officer.  The throttle's stuck!".  So some Prius owners have a sense of humor.
Eyes, Brain, Hands.  Repeat.

Offline 94gixxerod

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 06:59:38 AM »
My best friend lives in Fairfax, VA. PLENTY of stuck throttles in Prius Land.

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2012, 09:52:47 AM »
Prius. ::)
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline wipfel

• 2010 Concours 14 ABS
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2012, 09:56:33 AM »
Ahhh... the Pious drivers.  ;D  Surrounded with all that plastic, made from petroleum... wearing some outfit, with poly in it, made from petroleum... cruising to McDonalds for the kids so they have a Happy Meal and play in the huge plastic PlayLand, made from petroleom.  LOL!!!  ;D  j/k

My 14 y/o daughter comes home from school sometimes with BS from her science teacher... I make her look the facts up, show her there are two sides to a coin, and not to believe everything that comes out of his mouth as gospel.  8)

But at least they feel better about their lifestyles destroying the environment. ;)
--If I could be anywhere right now, I'd still be out there, on my bike, in the wilderness.

2010 Concours 14 ABS