Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 853792 times)

Offline tomp

Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #360 on: December 26, 2014, 11:55:45 AM »
Here ya go...

Thanks for sharing, nice work.  tomp
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline 3redzxs

« Reply #361 on: December 27, 2014, 04:16:40 AM »
Rebuilt my rear caliper after finding brake fluid leaking. That got me thinking I'll do the front next pad change. Changed both tires, oil, and dif fluid. That wasn't all in one day. More like three, but that should get me through until spring.  :)

Offline Jim H

« Reply #362 on: December 27, 2014, 12:05:37 PM »
  Temps here in eastern Pa got nice for a change!  So.....I rode  :)

Jim H

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #363 on: December 27, 2014, 12:06:41 PM »
Rotated the front tire under the cover to avoid flat spots.  ::) :(

Offline xsv

« Reply #364 on: December 27, 2014, 12:27:55 PM »
Here ya go...

Blacked out...NICE!  I might have to spend some more money doing some powdercoating.  However, I have to ask...WTH is that silver thing behind the right footpeg? ;)
2015 Triumph Trophy SE

Online maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #365 on: December 27, 2014, 02:32:11 PM »

Me too!  61F!  Nice 2 hour ride on back roads.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #366 on: December 27, 2014, 03:48:32 PM »
Rode about 350 miles today.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline tomp

« Reply #367 on: December 27, 2014, 04:13:16 PM »
Dreary wet weather here with colder winds approaching.  Didn't ride anywhere.  Hopefully nicer Monday.

Hope that those who did get out had a great time...  tomp

sailor_chic

« Reply #368 on: December 27, 2014, 05:06:45 PM »

Jim H

Woo-hoo! Hope you had a nice day.
Rode about 350 miles today.

Thats a good days ride
Blacked out...NICE!  I might have to spend some more money doing some powdercoating.  However, I have to ask...WTH is that silver thing behind the right footpeg? ;)

I think its the brake cylinder

Offline Conrad

« Reply #369 on: December 28, 2014, 06:25:35 AM »

I think its the brake cylinder

I think that he means the MASSIVE potato launcher.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline xsv

« Reply #370 on: December 28, 2014, 09:04:34 AM »

;D....I did!
2015 Triumph Trophy SE

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #371 on: December 28, 2014, 09:30:24 AM »
Filled it up with gas, adjusted the handlebars a bit, and tweaked the damping on the rear.  I nearly have it dialed in the way I want it.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

sailor_chic

« Reply #372 on: December 28, 2014, 10:32:40 AM »

Oh silly me! Believe me, I am fighting the demons that tell me to change that thing.

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #373 on: December 28, 2014, 10:38:16 AM »
Oh silly me! Believe me, I am fighting the demons that tell me to change that thing.

The easiest way to shed 25 ugly pounds is to launch the bazooka into the nearest dumpster.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #374 on: December 28, 2014, 10:42:47 AM »

Listen to those demons and just do it. 
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Online maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #375 on: December 28, 2014, 12:50:43 PM »

Meh- works fine, looks fine (at least with the bags on).  Don't pay any attention to those demons or their assistants, like Conrad or Connie14boy :)

The easiest way to shed 25 ugly pounds is to launch the bazooka into the nearest dumpster.

Certainly is a lot easier than losing 25 pounds of fat (freaking scale this morning... lies I tell you...)
Anyway, it won't be a net of 25 pounds, since you have to add another muffler back on.   Based on previous threads it is possible to save about 10 to 14 pounds (unless you plan on replacing the entire exhaust system... $$$!)

Hard to believe it was almost 3 years ago now...  http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=7407.0
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #376 on: December 28, 2014, 02:58:49 PM »
today I wiped mine down, it was due for its yearly wipe down.

It gets it, whether it needs it or not
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

sailor_chic

« Reply #377 on: December 28, 2014, 06:25:05 PM »
today I wiped mine down, it was due for its yearly wipe down.

It gets it, whether it needs it or not

Say its not true. I rode mine in the fog yesterday and felt obligated to rewash him today. Cant have my kids dirty!

Meh- works fine, looks fine (at least with the bags on).  Don't pay any attention to those demons or their assistants, like Conrad or Connie14boy :)

Certainly is a lot easier than losing 25 pounds of fat (freaking scale this morning... lies I tell you...)
Anyway, it won't be a net of 25 pounds, since you have to add another muffler back on.   Based on previous threads it is possible to save about 10 to 14 pounds (unless you plan on replacing the entire exhaust system... $$$!)

Hard to believe it was almost 3 years ago now...  http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=7407.0

Thank you Max. There ganging  up up me now and Im feeling weak. Thanks for your support. Here's the part about this that actually upsets me. I guess im kinda frugal and not wanting to spend $500 on an exhaust. I know that I want the cool sound of a pipe and the looks and weight.... Here my story. On Christmas eve I went for a ride around Lake Okeechobee. To get to the lake is about 50 miles if I take the back roads, which I did. So here I actually reached the lake and started to make my trek around, I was about 10 miles into the 110 mile circle, and I feel a thunk and sharp pain on my chin. To shorten the story, I was stung on the chin by a bee or wasp, I'm guessing. Anyways, Christmas day I woke up to a swollen face and had to make a trip to the ER for some meds. This brief ER visit cost me $300 for my co-pay. And thats the part that gets the panties in a wad. I needlessly spent 3/5 of my exhaust on an ER visit.

Offline tomp

« Reply #378 on: December 28, 2014, 07:25:33 PM »
On Christmas eve I went for a ride around Lake Okeechobee. To get to the lake is about 50 miles if I take the back roads, which I did. So here I actually reached the lake and started to make my trek around, I was about 10 miles into the 110 mile circle, and I feel a thunk and sharp pain on my chin. To shorten the story, I was stung on the chin by a bee or wasp, I'm guessing. Anyways, Christmas day I woke up to a swollen face and had to make a trip to the ER for some meds. This brief ER visit cost me $300 for my co-pay. And thats the part that gets the panties in a wad. I needlessly spent 3/5 of my exhaust on an ER visit.

Sorry to hear that.  Got a bee in the helmet last summer that stung my ear.  Nothing like trying to pull a helmet off at 70MPH, right?  Since you belong to the US government, what will they say about you allowing a bee/wasp damage their property, you.  A neighbor, while in the Army, broke a leg, skateboarding, and was given a General discharge, as he was suppose to know not to damage government property.  Some things really suck, for sure.  Hope you are all better, really soon, before you have to shove off on your next afloat duty.  tp

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #379 on: December 28, 2014, 09:26:33 PM »
Thank you Max. There ganging  up up me now and Im feeling weak. Thanks for your support. Here's the part about this that actually upsets me. I guess im kinda frugal and not wanting to spend $500 on an exhaust.

Bee kind to your bike and bee sure to throw that p.o.s. bazooka in the trash. You and the bike will bee very happy. :D
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 11:34:17 PM by maxtog »