Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 852856 times)

sailor_chic

Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #960 on: March 22, 2015, 04:19:43 PM »
Leaving early Thursday morning and taking the long way to Pensacola for the SE COG Spring Rally. Am I going to meet you there?

http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php/topic,54562.0.html

Offline tomp

« Reply #961 on: March 22, 2015, 04:37:21 PM »
Leaving early Thursday morning and taking the long way to Pensacola for the SE COG Spring Rally. Am I going to meet you there?

http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php/topic,54562.0.html
Not this year.  Brand new job doesn't allow for time off or vacations.  There is cog rally for owners in the Texas area too, but not able to make it either.  When do you make your trip to the Midwest?  You have a fun and safe time and post pics of row after row of 14's.  tomp
Living in the Texas Coast...

sailor_chic

« Reply #962 on: March 22, 2015, 06:00:05 PM »
Now I'm sad Tom, wish you were going also. I just charged the camera and plan on taking pics throughout the weekend. My trip up North is planned for when I get home in June, approx a couple days after. Gotta get the nails and hair done first, then hit the road!

Was rather disappointed today when I installed on of my rear Canyon cages, only to find out that with them installed, that the rear pegs wont fold up anymore. Took off the cage, boxed it back up and going to return them.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #963 on: March 22, 2015, 06:07:49 PM »
There are rear peg lowerers that will allow the pegs to fold with the bag protectors installed. They're on my farkelist.

Offline galaxieman

« Reply #964 on: March 22, 2015, 08:35:57 PM »
Blew a fork seal...  and I'm not going be able to get in a replacement before this weekend.  My entire family is coming to town for my daughter's 1st birthday, so no fixing it this weekend, even if I do get parts in.  Blech.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparat bellum.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #965 on: March 23, 2015, 09:28:03 AM »
Blew a fork seal...  and I'm not going be able to get in a replacement before this weekend.  My entire family is coming to town for my daughter's 1st birthday, so no fixing it this weekend, even if I do get parts in.  Blech.

Are we talking about leaking down the bottom of the tube? Have done that twice now on mine and fixed it using thin plastic like old 35mm film to clean it out. 2 minute fix. I'v sure there are several threads about that fix.

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #966 on: March 23, 2015, 12:12:56 PM »

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #967 on: March 23, 2015, 02:36:15 PM »
Thanks, Conniesaki.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

sailor_chic

« Reply #968 on: March 25, 2015, 01:52:07 PM »
I gave mine a both and wax job this morning, and then I changed out the headlight and city light bulbs. Now Im packing everything in/on and getting ready for an early morning departure to Mobile AL.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #969 on: March 25, 2015, 01:58:06 PM »
Safe travels, S_C. IS an after action report pending?
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

sailor_chic

« Reply #970 on: March 25, 2015, 02:15:38 PM »
Thanks Bill. Absolutely I will have a full report for you when I return home.

Offline tomp

« Reply #971 on: March 25, 2015, 05:45:41 PM »
Thanks Bill. Absolutely I will have a full report for you when I return home.
  Have a great time Nicole, and post a link here, if you start a new thread.   tomp

Offline rhhall

• Arena
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #972 on: March 27, 2015, 10:28:13 PM »
Have fun s c  8)
rick
08 Connie ABS(totaled)
14 Connie

Offline tomp

« Reply #973 on: March 28, 2015, 08:24:31 PM »
Lost my dad yesterday, to a brief yet fatal illness.  He was 98.  Went for a windy, solo, reflective ride,  for a few hours.  Got home and still needed the road, so I went out on the Dyna for a good while longer.  Guess I needed more reflection time than I thought.  Riding is therapeutic, for sure.  A good week to all.   tomp

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #974 on: March 28, 2015, 08:45:29 PM »
Condolences, tomp. :grouphug: Not easy to accept and/or talk about. Lost my wife last summer and feel guilty about getting back on the bike this spring without her. Looking forward to lots of therapy this summer, I think.
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline tomp

« Reply #975 on: March 28, 2015, 09:04:21 PM »
Condolences, tomp. :grouphug: Not easy to accept and/or talk about. Lost my wife last summer and feel guilty about getting back on the bike this spring without her. Looking forward to lots of therapy this summer, I think.
  Thanks and I understand that.  The losses we all encounter must be endured or will consume us.  My wife left me for a wealthier man who made promises, nine years ago.  The loss was overwhelming for a long time, but the past is finally behind me now.  As long as you want her to, your wife will be with you on your rides, there in your heart.

Via con Dios, my friend, and take your own great advice,  "Ride Hard...Ride Safe".   tomp

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #976 on: March 28, 2015, 09:29:59 PM »
I am truly sorry for your loss, Tom.

Offline rhhall

• Arena
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #977 on: March 29, 2015, 01:37:02 AM »
Sorry tomp. Lost my Mom 8 months ago. Good memories though.

rick
rick
08 Connie ABS(totaled)
14 Connie

Offline tomp

« Reply #978 on: March 29, 2015, 03:49:47 AM »
Thanks, guys.  Have to be at work at 6AM.  First time riding the 14 in night time conditions.  Guess I'll see how good the lighting is.  A great day to all.  tomp

Offline Conrad

« Reply #979 on: March 29, 2015, 06:03:33 AM »
Lost my dad yesterday, to a brief yet fatal illness.  He was 98.  Went for a windy, solo, reflective ride,  for a few hours.  Got home and still needed the road, so I went out on the Dyna for a good while longer.  Guess I needed more reflection time than I thought.  Riding is therapeutic, for sure.  A good week to all.   tomp

I'm very sorry for the loss of your loved ones you two.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn