Author Topic: Another Audiovox cruise question  (Read 4015 times)

Offline beilts

Another Audiovox cruise question
« on: May 31, 2015, 06:55:25 PM »
I installed an Audiovox cruise control several years ago and it worked fine for several years, but it has quit working. I have read over all the installation and trouble shooting guides that I can. I finally figured that my servo was bad, but before I pulled the trigger to buy a new one, I wanted to double check all the connections etc. Everything seems  fine EXCEPT the purple wire from the servo that connects to the brake light pedal does not go to 12 V when the brake is depressed.  The whole unit worked before, and I have not put any LEDs etc in the brake lights. Any ideas why that would quit working?

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
Re: Another Audiovox cruise question
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 07:49:14 PM »
Could it be as simple as the brake light switch itself is not working?
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline beilts

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 07:33:51 AM »
The brake light comes on when the brake is applied.

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 07:37:50 AM »
Perhaps the purple wire is broken internally?
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline beilts

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 01:19:14 PM »
Update on my AudioVox cruise.

I went through all the trouble-shooting guides. I checked all my voltages at the servo and everything was fine. The LED on the servo turned on when the cruise was turned on and blinked faster when the engine revved, so all OK. My trouble shooting guide said the LED should be continuously lit when either brake was applied. On mine the LED turned off (which seemed logical to me). I took the servo apart and checked for leaks etc, but found nothing wrong.  I finally concluded that there must be a problem in the servo's circuit board.

Slow forward about a year. I finally bit the bullet and ordered a new servo from Murhp's. It got to me within about 3 days. I did an easy install. I only needed to take the old one out, bolt the new one in, plug the new one in and hook up the throttle cable ( I was wise enough to zip tie the throttle connector chain up, so I would not have to fish for it). Worked like a charm on the first test drive. That LED does not light continuously when the brakes are applied as stated in the trouble shooting guide that I have.

It seems others have had problems with the servo circuit board too. Consider that the likely culprit if all your other trouble-shooting turns up OK.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2017, 10:02:01 AM »
I don't have a C10 nor an Audiovox CC, however it really adds value to a forum when someone comes back and takes the time to follow up on something instead of just letting a thread hang there to dehydrate in the wind..

Well done beilts! :thumbs: :chugbeer: