Author Topic: Kawasaki Touring Seat  (Read 40057 times)

Offline Gigantor

• I often regretted my speech, but never my silence.
Kawasaki Touring Seat
« on: June 04, 2015, 05:57:09 AM »
I purchased the Laam seat, and I guess I am one of the few that is not happy with it. I sent
it back to Seth for rework, but it came back the same. I still slide forward and the seat does not
seem to have enough padding in the seating area.

The guys over at COG rave about the Kawsaki touring seat (see link below). I ordered the Kawasaki
seat ($418.48 shipped) and should receive it on June 17th. Many guys on the COG website share my sentiment concerning
Laam seat. Since I have two seats, I might give Laam another try, or send it to Baldwin

http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php/topic,58876.15.html

« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 07:10:21 AM by Gigantor »

2014 Concours 14 ABS Metallic Spark Black
 Xpel Custom Bra kit, SOCALMOTOGEAR HID system, Philip Luggage Rack, Projekt D Radiator Guard, Carbon Fiber Rear Hugger, Mini Euro Sport Shield, Kaw Tour Seat, HF80/2 Horn, RG Frame Sliders, PR4

Offline Landon

Re: Kawasaki Touring Seat
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 07:46:21 AM »
Where did you order from? If you order from powersportswarehouse.com enter FRSP in the discount code and it gives you free shipping. Paid 401.21 for mine and it should arrive around 6/15.

Offline Gigantor

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 07:51:48 AM »
I ordered from Powersports also. Some site are charging over $500

I failed to enter the code

Xpel Custom Bra kit, SOCALMOTOGEAR HID system, Philip Luggage Rack, Projekt D Radiator Guard, Carbon Fiber Rear Hugger, Mini Euro Sport Shield, Kaw Tour Seat, HF80/2 Horn, RG Frame Sliders, PR4

Offline Gigantor

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 09:33:10 AM »
Where did you order from? If you order from powersportswarehouse.com enter FRSP in the discount code and it gives you free shipping. Paid 401.21 for mine and it should arrive around 6/15.

I contacted customer service at powersports and they actually honored the promo code by refunding
the shipping charge

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 09:44:00 AM »

I contacted customer service at powersports and they actually honored the promo code by refunding
the shipping charge
:banana :banana :banana :banana :banana
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline dalemac

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2015, 12:18:07 PM »
subscribed...let us know how the Kawasaki seat does. 

elp_jc

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2015, 01:05:42 AM »
let us know how the Kawasaki seat does.
I'd like to know how it differs from the stock 2015 one. They look identical in pictures.

Offline Gigantor

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2015, 07:02:39 AM »
I'd like to know how it differs from the stock 2015 one. They look identical in pictures.

Touring Seat significantly improves rider and passenger comfort while riding for extended periods of time•Dual-density foam inserts with 10 mm low-rebound urethane layer provides optimal support
•Improved passenger ergonomics decrease forward movement during braking and provide an overall better riding position
•Cover construction features an industry first: low-heat gain material allowing for significant reduction in heat absorption after long-periods of sun exposure
•Direct replacement of stock seat

Offline C14lvr

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2015, 07:16:21 AM »
That one is different than the one I bought a while back. (The Kawasaki gel seat.)

Looks nice!

One thing I love about mine is the material the cover's made out of, and how well it fits.
It sits about an inch lower than the stock seat, (which is great for me, since I'm a bit "inseam challenged"...) The gel pad helps a lot, too.

I like the two-tone cover yours has. Nice!
2011 C14 ABS black w/red/yellow, B.D.F lofuel W.E.,SSD h/g's,
2" setback risers, Phil's wedges/rear rack,K Gel-seat, Rostra CC, AST tourpegs, techspec, 2"droppegs, 4"droppass pegs, Fuzeblock,  7"Garmin, fenda ext, LED tag plate, Ip5S Ram mt, TMeister, Mirror LED t/s, Bestem TBox, CB HDUT w/s, TRex front/CC bag, Wolo Badboy, Tailbrights, Scala G9X, Scorpion EXO1200 Jag, PR4GT's55's, 55W Qz Dr

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2015, 03:31:28 PM »
That one is different than the one I bought a while back. (The Kawasaki gel seat.) One thing I love about mine is the material the cover's made out of, and how well it fits. It sits about an inch lower than the stock seat, (which is great for me, since I'm a bit "inseam challenged"...) The gel pad helps a lot, too.

I also needed a low seat, but had such a bad experience with gel seating on my previous bike, I got a Sargent World low instead.  I found the gel would get blisteringly hot or bone numbing cold, depending on the season (but otherwise was nice).

I like the two-tone cover yours has. Nice!

I like it too.  I believe the stock Gen 1 seats were also two-tone.  For some reason they went mono on the  Gen 2.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline PH14

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2015, 09:48:15 PM »

I believe the stock Gen 1 seats were also two-tone.  For some reason they went mono on the  Gen 2.

Probably because it was a horribly ugly seat. It looked cheap.  :doublepuke: The Touring seat looks great in those pictures.

Offline texrider

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2015, 06:13:17 AM »
Problem with stitched seat covers is they tend to allow water inside with the foam.
2014 Valkyrie

Offline Landon

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2015, 06:19:08 PM »
Looks like mine is on the way, got a shipment notification from FedEx via email today.

Offline C14lvr

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2015, 06:52:00 PM »
I also needed a low seat, but had such a bad experience with gel seating on my previous bike, I got a Sargent World low instead.  I found the gel would get blisteringly hot or bone numbing cold, depending on the season (but otherwise was nice).

Never had that experience with this one. Lucky, I guess. It works for me.

I had a Sargent low version before I got this one. Liked the looks, hated how hard it was.
Plus, the guy that sold it to me lied about it... told me it was a standard version, but when I got it, it was obvious that it wasn't a standard. 1) Too thin, & 2) it had a tag on the bottom that said "Low Version". Yes, I was disappointed. I tried to make the best of it for a while, but hated it.

I also bought a used Russell DL. That was a nice seat, but too high for my shorter inseam.
I was fortunate to sell it w/o taking a loss on it. Broke even.

I've taken many long trips on this one where I've ridden 10+ hours a day, everyday for 5+ days.
No problems. For $275 used, I feel very fortunate!

I like the looks of yours, though. Very nice!
I think most quality seat makers place a plastic liner underneath the cover for a moisture barrier, don't they? I would think any moisture that might pass through the stitching would wick out, and not get to the foam...
2011 C14 ABS black w/red/yellow, B.D.F lofuel W.E.,SSD h/g's,
2" setback risers, Phil's wedges/rear rack,K Gel-seat, Rostra CC, AST tourpegs, techspec, 2"droppegs, 4"droppass pegs, Fuzeblock,  7"Garmin, fenda ext, LED tag plate, Ip5S Ram mt, TMeister, Mirror LED t/s, Bestem TBox, CB HDUT w/s, TRex front/CC bag, Wolo Badboy, Tailbrights, Scala G9X, Scorpion EXO1200 Jag, PR4GT's55's, 55W Qz Dr

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2015, 09:46:47 PM »
YOU WILL LOVE THIS SEAT!  I bought mine from a parts man friend at a stealership for $400. In case I didn;t like it I could hand it back.

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2015, 11:04:33 PM »
Never had that experience with this one. Lucky, I guess. It works for me.

I want to clarify that I have not had any experience with the Kawasaki gel seat- it was a different gel seat on a different bike... just speaking to what I figured was the "gel experience."

I had a Sargent low version before I got this one. Liked the looks, hated how hard it was.

Being low, it has less foam, so the foam that is there has to be more firm to support the weight.  I agree it is a bit on the hard side.  Haven't tried the non-low version to compare (since I HAD to get the low version), but I would guess it has more foam and is therefore less hard.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

sailor_chic

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2015, 06:30:06 PM »
YOU WILL LOVE THIS SEAT!  I bought mine from a parts man friend at a stealership for $400. In case I didn;t like it I could hand it back.

Steve, are you still using your Airhawk with this seat?

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2015, 09:12:34 PM »
Steve, are you still using your Airhawk with this seat?

Hi!  Not yet, haven't been far. But on my 800-1100 day trips I plan too.
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Gigantor

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2015, 05:22:04 PM »
I just completed a 700 mile trip to Vermont.  I love the Kawasaki touring seat. My butt never got sore and the seat also complements the bike suspension if that makes sense.

I have been riding for 30 years, this seat lives up to the hype

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2015, 05:33:12 PM »
I just completed a 700 mile trip to Vermont.  I love the Kawasaki touring seat. My butt never got sore and the seat also complements the bike suspension if that makes sense.

I have been riding for 30 years, this seat lives up to the hype

+1