Author Topic: How sad  (Read 3005 times)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: Getting the right priorities
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 01:21:47 PM »
If the United Airlines employee didn't kill the dog by ordering it into the overhead this wouldn't be necessary.

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
Re: How Sad
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2018, 01:24:29 PM »
If the United Airlines employee didn't kill the dog by ordering it into the overhead this wouldn't be necessary.
it's better all round if pets are carried properly in the hold in proper containers
--
space reserved for humourous sig file

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: How sad
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2018, 03:57:08 PM »
It is also sad that we need yet more legislation to deal with such things....
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2018, 04:18:04 PM »
We should be able to stuff the dog killer in the overhead.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2018, 08:06:21 AM »
It is also sad that we need yet more legislation to deal with such things....

It's impossible to legislate common sense.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Rubber_Snake

• Arena
  • 2009 GTR1400 ABS, Black
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2018, 09:10:06 AM »
Something sad happened so:

”I’ll introduce a bill to prevent sad things from ever happening again!

...plus, make the headlines and get a little publicity, too.”

2009 GTR 1400 ABS, 48k miles, AMSOIL synthetic 10W-40 (since new), AMSOIL synthetic 75W-90 final drive (since new). Helibar Horizons, Oxford heated grips, V-Stream windscreen, Mountain Runner Flash, Brian’s low fuel eliminator farkle, ST2 smart brake module and smart turn system, Two Brothers Black Series M5 w/P1X decibel killer.

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2018, 09:28:51 AM »
Many people on the flight afterwards said that they heard the little dog whining and knew it was in distress, but no one did anything. I would have politely got him out of there somehow.  I understand that it is diffucult these days to say or do anything against the wishes of the flight crew without triggering a "terrorist" scenario, having the aircraft diverted and getting arrested, but I'm certain SOMETHING could have been done.

A few weeks ago some stupid woman listened to the advice of an airline employee and flushed her pet hamster down the toilet.  People need to be smarft enough to stand up to this type of tyranny.  I guess if you need a hamster for "emotional support" then you have other prpbelms, anyway.  But still it was a living creature that suffered and drowned for no reason.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-biz-spirit-airlines-flush-hamster-20180208-story.html
A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2018, 10:03:15 AM »
Remember when the flight crew stewardess' where there for the comfort of the passengers instead of working the cattle car? How sad.

Offline sanmo

• Arena
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2018, 11:35:11 AM »
Is there no culpability on the owner/passenger for not checking on the condition of the pooch after the plane is airborne and the 'fasten seatbelts' sign is off? This is like people leaving their kids locked up in hot cars. It is possible that the language barrier and Hispanics feeling somewhat persecuted these days may have contributed to her negligence.
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2018, 01:37:01 PM »
Is there no culpability on the owner/passenger for not checking on the condition of the pooch after the plane is airborne and the 'fasten seatbelts' sign is off? This is like people leaving their kids locked up in hot cars. It is possible that the language barrier and Hispanics feeling somewhat persecuted these days may have contributed to her negligence.
I concur that the dog owner should have taken care of their pet even if the plane had to be returned to the airport. What about all the other passengers that heard the dogs stress. I don't think I could have left the animal to suffer.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2018, 02:18:59 PM »
Yeah, I can't even IMAGINE not checking constantly on my cat if he were stored in some overhead place.  Of course, I would think REALLY hard before deciding to take him on a plane in the first place.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2018, 12:54:19 AM »
One dog dies and everyone lines up to do something about it(for whatever reason/agenda they have)

17 kids get shot .............................
--
space reserved for humourous sig file

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2018, 04:23:56 AM »
as you say ...separate issues

And since you started the thread I can only assume you were trolling for this type of response.

Offline 2talltim

• 2008 C14
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2018, 07:17:44 AM »
Funny how us people have to take the bulll$h!t from the airlines now days. First of all I'd like to add I don't think a airplane is any place for a pet. Now i'm a dog owner and we love our critters but I still don't think they belong on planes. But this horse crap where anytime you look at someone the wrong way or sneeze in the wrong direction on a plane they want to remove you or label you a trouble maker.

One of these stupid things happen to me once. Was on a flight to Vegas , 4 hour flight so I took snacks. One of my goto snacks is beef jerky. A hour into the flight I was told the smell of my jerky was bothering another passenger(some woman behind me) so they ask me to not open the package any more. I said that fine I have other items to eat and I put it away. About a hour later they came back up to me and said they had a second complaint and ask to turn over my jerkey. I informed her that it was in my bag and I had not taken it out since they ask the first time. But they insisted I turned it over. I refused and said it would remain in my bag. She walked away then 5 min later all 3 members of the flight crew confronted me and said if I didn't surrender it I would be reported to the caption as a uncooperative passenger. Now I'm like WTF? I said our loud "This is F'n stupid" and again was warned "another outburst like that sir we will report you". At that point they have you by the balls. If they report you there is a chance you will be black listed and labeled a trouble makers. All over beef jerky. SMH

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2018, 12:13:56 AM »
One dog dies and everyone lines up to do something about it(for whatever reason/agenda they have)

17 kids get shot .............................

Well put, I thoroughly agree we need to prevent sick individuals known to many people like cops, FBI, from buying AR15's, bump stocks, and huge magazines designed for warfare. The cops in Parkland Fl. were complete cowardly, incompetent idiots, and I am amazed the police chief still has a job. A lot of sickos are buying guns right now at the huge gun shows in Texas, Oklahoma, and Arizona where the 2nd amendment is stretched to the limits with no oversight. This is from a person who grew up in a family to respect and use guns at a tender age.