Author Topic: Schnitz Racing ECU flash  (Read 11493 times)

Offline katata1100

Re: Schnitz Racing ECU flash
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2018, 07:40:48 PM »
If the only type of meat you have eaten was cheap hamburger , that would be the ultimate end all cut of meat.
Until you encounter a prime grade rib eye.....

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2018, 08:12:04 PM »
If the only type of meat you have eaten was cheap hamburger , that would be the ultimate end all cut of meat.
Unless you can't afford prime grade rib eye.
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2018, 08:19:23 PM »
Whatever is “ best bang for the buck” is subjective . If I were to have a choice between a open the flies only tune for $75 or a full tune for $350, I’d consider the latter to be the better bang for the buck. Beside seat of the pants, where else can you get an extra 14 hp for the difference of $275?
And, I say this after riding with a open the flies earlier tune for four years and a complete tune for the last 2000 miles .
The same goes for a throttle lock- I’d never trade my $800 mccruise for a $20 throttle lock, I’d much prefer that $780 to be below the left hand grip than in my pocket . By how well it works, I think it’s a better use of $.
Of course that’s just my opinion .
I think these mods make the bike feel like a different animal. My right hand no longer hurts at the end of a long ride, I get better mpg ( which is much appreciated on a long ride) and the bike has more power ( again , appreciated on long rides when the bike is weighted down with luggage).
. But, if you ever get curious and get a mccruise and a full tune, the $
spent on the schnitz and throttle lock is just a waste.

Was the above not education through experimentation?

Offline MtnRider

« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2018, 08:22:26 PM »

Not everyone has the luxury of a Champaign budget. Don't knock a frugal budget and individual solutions that satisfies the needs of others. You're making yourself look like an elitist a$$. Just my $0.02 worth.

Offline katata1100

« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2018, 11:51:57 PM »
Elists? Hardly. I’m just saying  it’s a waste of money to buy something, then spend more $ in the future. Spend $75 on a tune and enjoy it, but there is a good chance that you’ll how much better a full tune is, look at dynographs, then give and upgrade. Doing it right the first time would have saved $75.
Btw, tuning via programming with a power commander is inferior to a reprogram. One reason is that
Power programmer can’t touch timing. We all now know that the flies should be left in and bike be given a proper tuning; not a badge gimmick box.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2018, 04:51:39 PM »
Sounds like the OP is happy with what he got for the price he paid to me. ?? I would consider that a 'win'. Of course I understand what you are saying about something else being 'potentially better for that particular person' but as always, each man measures his own greed (meaning we all assign all things a value unique to each of us) so it is really impossible to know what anything / everything is worth to another person. Plus one persons' "huge" difference is always another persons' 'meh' difference.

Personally, I like the earlier comparison regarding throttle locks and cruise controls: many people are satisfied with a throttle lock. Some demand a true C.C. and even then, there are the two choices of the less expensive and somewhat more difficult to install Rostra vs. the much more expensive and somewhat easier to install McCruise. And all three choices remain readily available and apparently sell well enough, meaning the 'best' one cannot be chosen for everyone or at least two of those choices would have disappeared from the market by now. My own personal choice is the Rostra; I want a true C.C. but am not willing to spend the additional money for what I believe to be the "somewhat" better (my opinion) McCruise.

Besides, always glad to hear when someone is pleased with a purchase or situation- much better than hearing about buyers' remorse or the classic 'If only I had done XXX instead of YYY'.

Brian

Elists? Hardly. I’m just saying  it’s a waste of money to buy something, then spend more $ in the future. Spend $75 on a tune and enjoy it, but there is a good chance that you’ll how much better a full tune is, look at dynographs, then give and upgrade. Doing it right the first time would have saved $75.
Btw, tuning via programming with a power commander is inferior to a reprogram. One reason is that
Power programmer can’t touch timing. We all now know that the flies should be left in and bike be given a proper tuning; not a badge gimmick box.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline FIX UR CRITTER

« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2018, 08:07:10 PM »
The OP got a throttle lock to help on long rides, a flash that he feels is a pretty good improvement over stock and still has $1055.00 to put into suspension upgrades.

Sounds like a win, win, win to me!   ;)

It's all in how you look at it.   8)

+1
Prevent a litter, Fix ur Critter
PLEASE neuter all your pets.. there are millions of starving strays that wish you did.
'08 C-14, '08 Bandit 1250
'08 SV650, '07 YZ250F

Offline FIX UR CRITTER

« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2018, 08:10:38 PM »

How do you know I haven't "eaten prime grade rid eye" ?? For what it's worth i have experienced OE cruise on a GW and Electra Glide..
I still prefer my POS vista.. for real...
Prevent a litter, Fix ur Critter
PLEASE neuter all your pets.. there are millions of starving strays that wish you did.
'08 C-14, '08 Bandit 1250
'08 SV650, '07 YZ250F

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2018, 04:40:32 AM »
The Indian cruise must be Kobe beef then as it's the best I've ever encountered in any vehicle I've owned.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline katata1100

« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2018, 08:25:37 AM »
How do you know I haven't "eaten prime grade rid eye" ?? For what it's worth i have experienced OE cruise on a GW and Electra Glide..
I still prefer my POS vista.. for real...

That’s as credible a claim as the kid on the street who laid out his bike and then claims “ I meant to do that!”

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2018, 08:49:20 AM »
My cc's purpose is to keep the speed at the highest setting possible and still cruise under the radar
 Even in flat country a throttle lock didn't work for me.

Any remember the caterpillar o ring thing we used on the c10?
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2018, 09:09:23 AM »
The O-ring works on a C-14 too, but not quite as well.

Ride safe, Ted
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 05:41:58 PM by connie_rider »

Offline katata1100

« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2018, 01:08:56 PM »
My cc's purpose is to keep the speed at the highest setting possible and still cruise under the radar
 Even in flat country a throttle lock didn't work for me.

Any remember the caterpillar o ring thing we used on the c10?

I use mine to keep my arthritic right hand from hurting . It’s amazing how well it keeps the same speed up and down hills, with fiddling. The mountain tune with reprogrammed flies might deserve credit for the downhill performance.
Op lost credibility when he said he preferred throttle lock to factory cruise.
It’s Street Vibrations here in Reno now. You think I’ll see any HD bikes with factory cruise and  throttle
locks ? Not a chance!

Offline Cuda

« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2018, 01:26:27 PM »
Glad that's over ;)

I started with the Guhl flash, Steve's is way better, I like dealing with Steve  because He's a homeboy,

all his work with the C10 over the years speaks loud about his commitment to our rides and his there is

more on the table never-ending drive to improve his Flashes is his passion.

Steve has been loyal to the Concours bikes for 15 or so years, his life revolves around them that's why

I'll be dropping my bike off to him this winter  for a thorough going over, I believe in specialization and

you can't do better than some who has a passion for what they do.

PS I LOVE my McCruise  :chugbeer:

« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 12:06:35 PM by Cuda »
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline Gabriel

• Near Galveston
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2018, 07:00:49 AM »
I want to know how all these bikes become wheelie machines. I don't think I have ever floated the wheel on my stock or flashed bike. What am I doing wrong ?

You may find this interesting;
My 2008 C14 would flip over backwards with a full twist of the throttle in low gear. (slip-on)
My 2009 C14 would just lift the front tire maybe an inch? (even after flies removed with slip-on)
My 2011 C14 is somewhere in between but no where near going over backwards. (stock)

Offline Gabriel

• Near Galveston
« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2018, 07:31:30 AM »
75 bucks will get me the two things I'm looking for;

Gear Based Fuel Trims Removed from Gears 1-3.
Secondary Throttle Blades Open More Aggressively And Stay Open.

And based on reviewers statements;
smoother shifting, which means to me that fuel shut-off on deceleration has been eliminated.++

You do not have to change the rpm limit, you can select not to...

I see people treating Schnitz Racing like a red headed step child, any body bother to look into this guys history? (Just a thought)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 09:17:54 AM by Gabriel »

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2018, 09:01:08 AM »
I have. Bought lots of HP stuff for the Z1s and KZs. Had them bore a few blocks for me. Great people to deal with and mostly focus on the drag racer market. That said I am very happy with Steves flash and can say nothing about the Schnitz one since I have not used it.
Wayne

75 bucks will get me the two things I'm looking for;

Gear Based Fuel Trims Removed from Gears 1-3.
Secondary Throttle Blades Open More Aggressively And Stay Open.

And based on reviewers statements;
smoother shifting, which means to me that fuel shut-off on deceleration has been eliminated.++

I see people treating Schnitz Racing like a red headed step child, any body bother to look into this guys history? (Just a thought)
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline katata1100

« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2018, 09:51:06 PM »
One of the conditions wife made for giving me the green light to buy a new c14 was that she get a tummy tuck .
There are two basic types: mini tuck and the full old school style . The surgeon said he generally doesn’t do the mini as it doesn’t save the client much $ and isn’t as good.
A mini is simply removing a band of stretched out skin, reconnect and it’s done . It looks fine. But, for a little more, you get the full.
In the full, after removing the flabby skin, the abdominal muscles are cut horizontal. Then a stitched up sort of corset is made, the muscles are pulled super tight.
The difference?  The full gave a sculpted stomach, so firm that you could bounce a quarter on it. Our daughters thought it unfair their mother had a better stomach, despite the both of them being teens with no kids.
We are happy we spent the extra coin to get a much better result. I think wife would have been happy with mini, as long as she didn’t meet up with someone with a full tuck. Then, she’d regret not getting the full deal.
The same applies to c14 tuning.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #58 on: November 01, 2018, 06:12:24 AM »
Interesting analogy.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #59 on: November 01, 2018, 06:59:31 AM »
One of the conditions wife made for giving me the green light to buy a new c14 was that she get a tummy tuck .
There are two basic types: mini tuck and the full old school style . The surgeon said he generally doesn’t do the mini as it doesn’t save the client much $ and isn’t as good.
A mini is simply removing a band of stretched out skin, reconnect and it’s done . It looks fine. But, for a little more, you get the full.
In the full, after removing the flabby skin, the abdominal muscles are cut horizontal. Then a stitched up sort of corset is made, the muscles are pulled super tight.

The difference?  The full gave a sculpted stomach, so firm that you could bounce a quarter on it. Our daughters thought it unfair their mother had a better stomach, despite the both of them being teens with no kids.
We are happy we spent the extra coin to get a much better result. I think wife would have been
 happy with mini, as long as she didn’t meet up with someone with a full tuck. Then, she’d regret not getting the full deal.
The same applies to c14 tuning.

Does this ECU flash make my ass look fat???