Author Topic: Low battery tire pressure sensor warning  (Read 20188 times)

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
Re: Low battery tire pressure sensor warning
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2012, 11:03:50 AM »
Oxy is bad stuff, I prefer Percocet.
UH.... Do you know what you are taking?
Percocet is Oxy + acetaminophen.....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxycodone/paracetamol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxycodone
 ::)

damn stoners anyways.... :'(

all kidding aside, I WAS joking about taking pain meds and drinking.
Sorry to hear about your Bro RC409, I have no idea what strength meds he took, but normal prescriptions are usually in the lower dose levels.... and to be honest that mixture, if a first time scenario, should have never been fatal to a strong adult male.
anyway, as I note, Mixing percocet or Vicoden with alcohol is a sure way to cause a surprisingly fatal Liver failure......
It's a shame the med companies have to "add" the dangerous benign drug to a potent pain medication, simply to cause more problems if they are abused.... :(

Kinda like adding a small dose of rat poison to it, and telling you if you abuse it it will kill you.... ::) ::) ::)

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline rcannon409

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2012, 03:15:53 PM »
They told us several times that his does was not enough to kill someone, or should not have been.   For me, that was the scary part.  I've done the mixing on more than one occasion, and liked the result.  The Coroner used the word "unpredictable" a lot.

He had a recent shoulder surgery that could have contributed.

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2012, 06:27:04 PM »
My wife is an ER nurse, I listen to her because she knows a helluva lot more than I do. Oxy is the most addicting narc for a reason, has ruined many a persons life due to addiction. I have already cut my narc usage in half since surgery, cause I be a tough sum bitch.  ;D
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2012, 05:23:30 AM »
My wife is an ER nurse, I listen to her because she knows a helluva lot more than I do. Oxy is the most addicting narc for a reason, has ruined many a persons life due to addiction. I have already cut my narc usage in half since surgery, cause I be a tough sum bitch.  ;D

Right....
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline CARLÃO

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2012, 05:55:56 AM »
There's a lot of people having problems with the sensor, as I am. Tomorrow, I'll travel 820 km to change it. Kawa should seriously consideres to modify the sensor and gives us a new good one.

Offline danl

« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2012, 06:38:44 AM »
My rear sensor started acting up yesterday. I have about 2k on the back tire so I'm going to deal with it until I need another tire, probably in spring. I did find out how to turn off the warning from taking over the display (press and hold the top button, press the bottom button and release, release the top button).

Yesterday it came on with temps in the upper 40's, went off about 10 minutes into my ride, stayed off. Came on when I restarted the bike, temp in the low 50's.

Offline Jim M.

• 2008 C-14
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2012, 03:46:46 PM »
 As of today, I've hit 3 different dealers regarding replacing sensors on a 2008 as a 5 year warrenty item as mentioned here. All three looked at me like I had 3 heads. What gives? Has anyone had this done anywhere near the Fredericksburg VA area?

BTW- I've tried Coleman's in Woodbridge, the dealer in Locust Grove (I forget the name) and today, Ultimate Cycles in Richmond.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2012, 03:50:27 PM »
As of today, I've hit 3 different dealers regarding replacing sensors on a 2008 as a 5 year warrenty item as mentioned here. All three looked at me like I had 3 heads. What gives? Has anyone had this done anywhere near the Fredericksburg VA area?

BTW- I've tried Coleman's in Woodbridge, the dealer in Locust Grove (I forget the name) and today, Ultimate Cycles in Richmond.

My dealer replaced mine on my '08 earlier this year and didn't bat an eye.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2012, 05:02:15 PM »

Village Motor Sports?  How did they react specifically? I've had them do a valve check and they did that well.  Ultimate Cycles should know about this.  Ping me off line if you want.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2012, 05:15:16 PM »

No surprise there........
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline CIG4R

« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2012, 05:50:37 PM »
Had both mine replaced on my '11, intermittent warnings one time it would be for the front, next time for the rear.
I like the tire pressure sensor idea, but this is really just **** poor sticking these weak batteries in them from the manufacturer and pushing it off on the customer and dealer to sort it out.

Offline Jim M.

• 2008 C-14
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2012, 06:20:27 PM »
Village Motor Sports?  How did they react specifically? I've had them do a valve check and they did that well.  Ultimate Cycles should know about this.  Ping me off line if you want.

Yes, Village Motorsports. I stopped by there a couple months ago and spoke to the service manager who seemed to be very sceptical about it.
  I spoke to a sevice guy at Ultimate today and even showed him a copy of the Kawasaki bulletin where it states the life expectancy is 5 years. He said he'd check on it, but I have my doubts that he really will. I heard that Ultimate's service manager rides a C=14, so I thought they'd be up on that.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2012, 07:56:05 PM »
Yes, Village Motorsports. I stopped by there a couple months ago and spoke to the service manager who seemed to be very sceptical about it.
  I spoke to a sevice guy at Ultimate today and even showed him a copy of the Kawasaki bulletin where it states the life expectancy is 5 years. He said he'd check on it, but I have my doubts that he really will. I heard that Ultimate's service manager rides a C=14, so I thought they'd be up on that.

ok, re-call Ultimate, and talk to Pete Danials, the owner....tell him you spoke with me here, online, on the COG website, give him my name...Rich Riczinger, tell him to call me (he has my number...) and tell him I told you that there is a specific issue with first year bikes, and if you have an extended warrenty (you do have one don't you??), these are covered.
I don't think there will be an issue after that. ;)
they have always done well with me, and are the folks that stepped up and offered reduced price GTPP to all of us, Pete will do what he can, and tell the service manger to hook this up.
be positive, polite, and by all means dilligent....it will be taken care of.
I just had mine replaced by a dealership here in Ohio, on a walk in basis, with my extended warrenty, without question.
Pete WILL do the same.

Offline OCK913

• Arena
    • The Orlando Riders Club
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2012, 10:46:54 PM »
I just took my 09 to my dealership in Orlando, FL the other day because I got the warning for the front. They looked at it, got approval from Kawasaki to replace it under warranty, and ordered the part. I picked up the bike and they will call me next week when it comes in to replace it. And this is under the standard 36 month warranty.
            2009 Kawasaki C14 - Black

Offline Jim M.

• 2008 C-14
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2012, 06:17:05 AM »
My '08 is out of warranty. The forums have been saying that there is a separate 5 year warranty on the sensors and dealers have been replacing them. The issue stems from a Kawasaki bulletin to dealers that states the sensors have a 5 year life. I have a copy of that bulletin and even showed it at Ultimate Cycles yesterday. They were still skeptical. The service guy said he'd "check on it". He didn't sound that enthusiastic, so that translates to me that he'll not bother to call the rep and will just deny it.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2012, 06:42:00 AM »
I'm going to Village to get a valve adjust, throttle sync, and replace the plugs.  I have a problem with the sensors and my shift sensor is starting to misbehave.  I have the brake recall to do as well.  We'll see where it goes.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2012, 11:00:24 AM »
My '08 is out of warranty. The forums have been saying that there is a separate 5 year warranty on the sensors and dealers have been replacing them. The issue stems from a Kawasaki bulletin to dealers that states the sensors have a 5 year life. I have a copy of that bulletin and even showed it at Ultimate Cycles yesterday. They were still skeptical. The service guy said he'd "check on it". He didn't sound that enthusiastic, so that translates to me that he'll not bother to call the rep and will just deny it.

WOW....I wasn't realizing you have NO current warranty....

when you wrote this:

I had to assume (bad on my part) you had an extended warranty.....

now, to be quite clear, all this b/s going around "the forums" is just that, b/s.....
No dealer is going to replace them for free, 5 years life or not, if you don't have a warranty....that's what the warranty was meant for.... ::) sorry to hear your actual dillemma, but I don't think anyone is gonna install them for free.

best of luck

Offline Jim M.

• 2008 C-14
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2012, 11:19:41 AM »
 I've only had the bike since last March. the previous owner let the warranty run out. I've had a feeling all along that whoever posted that the sensors were under a 5 year warranty was mistaken. The bulletin says the sensors are "rated for 5 years", but does NOT say anything about a warranty. It was either here or the other board that the original post was made. I'll try and find that original post.

Offline Jim M.

• 2008 C-14
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2012, 11:26:27 AM »

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2012, 11:31:42 AM »
"Rated" for 5 years means nothing, and if you don't have a good dealer relationship, most of us are out of luck.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"