Author Topic: Lane sharing  (Read 11027 times)

Offline AZ-ZG

Re: Lane sharing
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2013, 07:55:57 PM »
The Harley-riding Mr. Bond in the article, for some reason, finds it necessary to "blatt" his pipes while filtering his way past traffic?
Go figure.  ::)
Apparently H-Ds are incapable of idleing.  :)

I live. I ride. I am. ZG14 
IBA#53928

Offline tonedeaf

« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2013, 07:57:38 PM »
i've been known to reach over and fold um in.

Ya, if you are lane splitting what is going to be behind you anyway?

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2013, 08:54:42 PM »
The Harley-riding Mr. Bond in the article, for some reason, finds it necessary to "blatt" his pipes while filtering his way past traffic?
Go figure.  ::)
Apparently H-Ds are incapable of idleing.  :)

And usually incapable of being un-annoying.

My neighbor across the street is a perfect example.  Start the HD,  RUM..... RUM RUM..... RUM...... RUM RUM..... repeat for the next 15 minutes, and then FINALLY F***ING leaves.  Every single time.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s13e12-the-f-word
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conrad

« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2013, 04:37:31 AM »
And usually incapable of being un-annoying.

My neighbor across the street is a perfect example.  Start the HD,  RUM..... RUM RUM..... RUM...... RUM RUM..... repeat for the next 15 minutes, and then FINALLY F***ING leaves.  Every single time.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s13e12-the-f-word

Sneak out there before he gets up and shut his kill switch off then watch the fun.    ;)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Shoe

« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2013, 06:37:16 PM »
I think someone made flattter lids for the bags. But I also think it may have went away when Kawasaki quit making the police version of the C14.
You might want to try MC Enterprises.
Eat corn. Drill for oil.

2008 Concours, 2010 Goldwing

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2013, 09:05:29 PM »
I think someone made flattter lids for the bags. But I also think it may have went away when Kawasaki quit making the police version of the C14.

Corbin does, but keep in mind the mirrors stick out farther than the side cases...

http://www.corbin.com/kawasaki/c14door.shtml

Offline freebird6

• In a big country...
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2013, 06:42:07 PM »
Keep in mind that Boomer lives in the UK where it is legal and normal to lane split and filter... IMHO it is completely different when the cagers expect the bikes to lane split and everyone, cagers and riders alike, are brought up with it from day one of driving/riding.

Recent trips to UK, Switzerland and Italy gave me the same impression. Bikes and scooters advancing to the front at stop lights were treated well and cars/trucks moved over readily for 2 wheels on the highway and in town.

Another observation. As I walked, rode and stood I looked intently into every car / truck or bus I could. NOt once did a see a phone held upside the head. They may have had other ways of that I could not see but in a couple of months over there I never saw a phone up to an ear.

I would lane split if it were legal now that I have seen it used extensively
2008 Concours
2007 Mean Streak
99 r1100rt

Offline Kawi Ken

« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2013, 06:30:05 AM »
2009 C-14 Fast Color !
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly.
http://youtu.be/jrFJQwYFJWw

motocopter

« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2013, 07:36:34 AM »
                                   ^    ^    ^    ^    ^

He-Lair-Ee-Us!   ;D

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2013, 08:02:12 AM »
Never would have thought of it that way....
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2013, 12:00:09 PM »
check the hofax...    :rotflmao:

Offline jwolffie

« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2013, 12:31:14 PM »
The California Vehicle Code does not address it.

Vehicle Code 21714 makes it illegal to split lanes in a three-wheeled motorcycles or cars because they are wider than two wheeled motorcycles. Because of their extra width, there is often not enough room between cars for a three-wheeled cycle to fit safely.

So if it is Illegal only if you have 3 wheels then it must be legal if you have 2 wheels, because anything not specifically illegal is legal.
Black 2011
Full Delkevic no cat, Ivan's Flash, Projector headlights, Dunlop Q3+
Valentine 1 with JBV1 on phone

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2013, 02:12:49 PM »

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2013, 05:55:12 PM »
because anything not specifically illegal is legal.

That theory sounds familiar.... oh yeah, the Constitution 10th amendment, where it says "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

We see how well THAT has worked.... the Fed just does whatever the hell it wants.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc