Author Topic: '91 is cutting out now....can't tell if it's electrical or gas....  (Read 2189 times)

Offline timmerz

{teeth gritted} This is supposed to be getting better, isn't it?? Now after I start the bike it will run for a minute then cut out completely....have to stop, get it over to the side, try the starter a few times, then it starts and runs....was there somebody on this forum that was selling re-built J-boxes? Feel like I need to start at the basics and spread outward...
After thinking about it, I believe it's electrical...it's a complete shutdown, no sputtering whatsoever....

Offline jklhill

Re: '91 is cutting out now....can't tell if it's electrical or gas....
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 03:54:23 PM »
FWIW my 03 acted just like that after a got some water with my gas at the last fill up. Just sayin.

Offline elvin315

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 05:36:11 PM »
As soon as the engine quits pop the gas cap open and listen for a rush of air. The tank's vent could be blocked preventing gas to flow to the carbs.

If that fails check the J-Box. The procedure is outlined in the FAQs. They have the habit of developing cold solder joints. The links will take you to sights which show what to look for and how to fix them.

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=565.0

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 06:50:35 PM »
Great link Elvin,thanks.
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1