Author Topic: Fairing Upper Frame for a C-10  (Read 3486 times)

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
Fairing Upper Frame for a C-10
« on: May 25, 2011, 07:58:29 AM »
Does anyone in the Northern VA region (say up to 100 miles) have a straight upper fairing frame they want to part with that would fit an '87?  I'm not sure if all models would work.  I'm restoring my dad's bike and he dropped it in the past and broke the right side where it bolts to the bike frame.  It is currently being held together by screws and epoxy.

I thought there was someone in Baltimore parting a bike out before the forum "crash".

Thanks,
Frank
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 01:53:48 PM by RFH87_Connie »
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington

Offline Connito

Re: Fairing Frame for a C-10
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 08:52:02 AM »
Frank, 87 trough 93 would work on your bike. 86 would fit also, but you wouldn't be able to secure the inner fairings with the screws that go through the pockets.

Good luck,
Pete
"Old enough to know what's right, but young enough not to choose it”

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 08:58:04 AM »
Thanks Pete.  If you get a chance to ballpark shipping let me know.  At $4 a gallon, 200 miles round trip to pick one up, it would be $20 at least.  Then I got to get lunch, tour around a little, maybe get dinner, .......

Frank
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington

Offline Connito

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 01:32:04 PM »
If you decide to make the trip, the lunch and the dinner are free. You can also stay at our place for the night. However we should talk about the price of the fairing  ;D ;D ;D

Cheers,
Pete

Offline Jet

• Dark Side of the Moon
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 01:45:36 PM »
Do you need the upper fairing frame or the lower frame?  I have a lower.
...and a good time was had by all.

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 01:52:52 PM »
I need the upper.  It's the section that supports the main fairing and headlight.  It bolts to each side of the bikes frame at valve cover level, and is connected by one bolt (the bad bolt) to the fairing stay.

Ron Ayers lists it as part 23062-1063 "BRACKET-COMP,UPPER COWLING".

Offline Jet

• Dark Side of the Moon
Re: Fairing Upper Frame for a C-10
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 02:24:47 PM »
Ok, that one I dont have.  Sorry. 
...and a good time was had by all.

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2011, 01:37:48 PM »
BTTT - one more time.  Anything reasonably local?

Offline Connito

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2011, 02:03:26 PM »
It looks like you will be taking a ride to my place ;) However, it's more like 1,000 miles round trip, not 200 :o

I might be going to the Motorcyclepedia museum in Newburgh, NY and to the Antique National Motorcycle Meet & Antique Machinery Show in Rhinebeck, NY on Sat, 10 and Sun, 12 of June. That's about half way and I would be able to bring the stay fairing stay with me. Just saying...

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2011, 02:07:00 PM »
Man.  I just did MB this past weekend - that was 900 miles RT (plus cruising around).  First time I have ever been down there when Black Bike Week was going on.  That was insane.  Also not why I went down there.

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2011, 02:14:03 PM »
There is a guy on here, or used to be on here that machines a fabulous piece for this fix.
Anyone remember his name?
I used it on my Ruby '88 C10.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2011, 02:14:43 PM »
There is a guy on here, or used to be on here that machines a fabulous piece for this fix.
Anyone remember his name?
I used it on my Ruby '88 C10.

His name was Steve Pronto.
He's not on the forums as I now recall.
But someone would have his number if you're interested.
Its not cheap, maybe north of $75, but it is very good quality.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2011, 02:20:10 PM »
Thank's Brent but hat's not what I need.  I need the upper frame (tubular) that supports the upper plastic fairing.  It would have to be shipped in a really big box (or bungied to the back of my bike).