Author Topic: Sena SMH-10 Headset upgrade  (Read 69249 times)

Offline farrider2

Re: Sena SMH-10 Headset upgrade
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2012, 04:20:51 PM »
Wanted to say THANKS to Sena. Had an earlier model of the SMH-10 headset that was about a year old and it wouldn't stay synched with the BlackBerry via bluetooth. Send the unit back to Sena and they returned a new and upgraded SMH-10B (USB) headset with no questions asked. Great unit, terrific customer service from Sena.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2012, 04:39:38 AM »
Sena has released the SMH-10B update code version 4.0.  Along with that it has also updated the 'Update Manager' software.  Unpredictable results will occur if you don't update the updater software.  Just updated both the manager software and the firmware on mine.  Download the update manager first and get that installed then update your first unit. As an FYI, when it asks you if you want to update another unit, say yes, but don't download the image again.  It will fail. You need to use the image that it downloaded previously.

http://www.senabluetooth.com/support/download_document.php

You will need to be registered on their site in order to get the updated code....

http://www.senabluetooth.com/downloads/software/senabluetoothmanager/Release_Note_SMH10_V4.0.txt
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline COGnosticat0r

« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2012, 07:58:51 AM »
I updated our units a couple of days ago as well as the SR10, went smoothly.  I tried it out last night and worked as it should in the garage.  I am heading to north GA tomorrow and will see how it does.  I run my radar and GPS 660 into a Mixit2 and have that wired into the SR10 so now I am wireless.  I don't really care about having the phone connected.  After I did the upgrade I did do a factory reset on both headsets and the SR10 to start fresh.

Jerry Holland
COG 4478
2013 C14
"Man, you were haulin' ass the other day when I passed you"

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2012, 08:19:09 AM »
For those that aren't aware of the MIXIT2 capabilities, here is the website...

http://www.mixitproducts.com/
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline 94gixxerod

« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2012, 12:45:55 PM »
Folks, do you need to do serial updates to 4.0, or just download the 4.0 update?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2012, 12:57:15 PM »
Good question.  I would think that as long as you are using the most current updater then you would be ok.  I haven't heard of anyone bringing that up in the Sena forums.

Offline 94gixxerod

« Reply #66 on: April 06, 2012, 08:14:45 PM »
Jim, thanks for your reply. I believe that to be the case, as well. Guess I'll try it and see what happens. Has anyone downloaded to Vista, 32 bit, system? 

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #67 on: April 06, 2012, 09:01:40 PM »
Vista....yucky doodle.  Mine is W7 64bit..no problems.

Offline 94gixxerod

« Reply #68 on: April 07, 2012, 05:28:12 AM »
Follow up to my last post: Sena doesn't recommend and does not support Vista in any bit flavor for the 4.0 download. Also, 4.0 is cumulative so no worries if you have less than code 3.xx currently.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #69 on: April 07, 2012, 04:58:12 PM »
Thanks for the update on the code.  Too bad you have Vista...

Offline Cold Streak

« Reply #70 on: April 20, 2012, 09:48:18 AM »
I updated our units a couple of days ago as well as the SR10, went smoothly.  I tried it out last night and worked as it should in the garage.  I am heading to north GA tomorrow and will see how it does.  I run my radar and GPS 660 into a Mixit2 and have that wired into the SR10 so now I am wireless.  I don't really care about having the phone connected.  After I did the upgrade I did do a factory reset on both headsets and the SR10 to start fresh.

Just to be clear, the only way I can use a radar detector with the Sena unit is to buy a Mixit also?  I don't really care to use my phone while riding, but wouldn't mind plugging in my iPod and possibly a GPS.

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2012, 06:25:11 PM »
If you have Vista you can just choose the Windows XP version and it will work fine with Vista.

Offline h2smokin

« Reply #72 on: July 03, 2012, 09:30:07 PM »
finally got it after about 3 hrs yesterday and today . Nothing was happening til I turned my wireless mouse and keyboard off . Did not occur to me they were wireless . Once i did that the download was no problem . Thanks for leading me in the right direction folks

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #73 on: July 04, 2012, 12:10:23 PM »
I guess the lack of the cables weren't clue enough?  Just kidding.   ;)   I've seen issues with USB ports that defy description.  So what did you do?  Remove the wireless USB thingy and then it saw the device?

Offline bbroj

• To be determined...
« Reply #74 on: July 15, 2012, 06:30:29 PM »
I just updated to the latest (4.1) software. I have Vista and used the 64 bit windows 7 software manager, it worked fine.
'12 C-14, Vance and Hines CS One muffler, lowered pegs, tank bra, bar risers, Phil's Farkles rack with Givi V46 top box, fender extender, Bucks tail brights, Canyon Cages and much more to come!
COG 9331
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=1302;type=avatar&time=1422479190

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #75 on: January 28, 2013, 04:41:50 AM »
Note to everyone....  4.1.1 was out August 1st.  I missed that one.   Beta 4.2 was out this Jan 22nd.   I'm still on 4.1 so I'll update to 4.1.1.  Maybe I'll go to 4.2.  Always remember to download the latest installer as well.

Looks like they are providing support for Windows 8 users....

http://www.senabluetooth.com/support/download_document.php#SenaDeviceManager

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #76 on: January 28, 2013, 02:10:47 PM »
Note to everyone....  4.1.1 was out August 1st.  I missed that one.   Beta 4.2 was out this Jan 22nd.   I'm still on 4.1 so I'll update to 4.1.1.  Maybe I'll go to 4.2.  Always remember to download the latest installer as well.

Looks like they are providing support for Windows 8 users....

http://www.senabluetooth.com/support/download_document.php#SenaDeviceManager

Thanks for the info. I don't know what version I have but I bought it in November and it does have the micro usb port. It works fantastic for bike to bike as well as phone and Bluetooth music to my Droid. Far, FAR better then the bluant F4 it replaced. Not sure I want to mess with something that works great, but I'm a sucker for software updates.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #77 on: January 28, 2013, 03:09:56 PM »
+1

Offline PH14

SMH10 frimware upgrade
« Reply #78 on: January 30, 2013, 02:58:34 PM »
I got an email regarding a firmware update to 4.2 beta. It lists a number of issues it addresses including volume for A2DP devices.

"CHANGES
=======
- Multipoint
- Multi-language voice prompts
- Increased A2DP volume
- Improved compatibility with Bluetooth onboard audio systems and GPS devices
- Minor bug fixes in device interoperability, audio management and intercom

I haven't yet installed it but will a little later.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #79 on: January 30, 2013, 03:04:16 PM »
It installed fine on my sets but haven't been able to test yet....