Author Topic: sv/dl caliper adaptors for c-10  (Read 7413 times)

Offline sroby

• 06 Blue C-10
Re: sv/dl caliper adaptors for c-10
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2011, 05:41:51 PM »
Tele130,  Where can I get those blue Kawasaki racing logos for the wheels that look sweet?  Thx Steve.
no.1 Dale Singleton fan along with King Kenny Roberts/Fast Freddie Spencer/ Steve and Shoodabeen.    aka (connkawi)

Offline sroby

• 06 Blue C-10
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2011, 05:46:01 PM »
Also I  forgot your caliper adaptors, are those shauns originals that he made?  Is ther much difference between the 6 pot adaptors versus the 4 pots And that is your original rotors isnt it.  thx Steve
no.1 Dale Singleton fan along with King Kenny Roberts/Fast Freddie Spencer/ Steve and Shoodabeen.    aka (connkawi)

Offline Tele130

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2011, 08:18:02 PM »
Tele130,  Where can I get those blue Kawasaki racing logos for the wheels that look sweet?  Thx Steve.

There was a post on this site or the C.O.G. site about them. Sorry, I can't remember were it was.  I do have a name and address from the envelope they came in if you want.  Wish I could be more help.
Does this mean we get a "Re-Do" on life too?

Doug Colton
2006 Concours............nice ride!!!!!

Offline Tele130

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2011, 08:28:15 PM »
Also I  forgot your caliper adaptors, are those shauns originals that he made?  Is ther much difference between the 6 pot adaptors versus the 4 pots And that is your original rotors isnt it.  thx Steve

Hey Steve, Yes.  These were one of the sets (if not "THE" last set) he made for the ZRX calipers.  6 pot VS. 4 pot?  Sorry Steve, I don't know the answer to that one.  And the rotors are stock......................for now. ;)

Doug Colton

Offline Cybercraig

• Sprayboy-Services
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2011, 10:30:19 PM »
Hey Steve, Yes.  These were one of the sets (if not "THE" last set) he made for the ZRX calipers.  6 pot VS. 4 pot?  Sorry Steve, I don't know the answer to that one.  And the rotors are stock......................for now. ;)

The jury is out on the 6 pot versus 4 pot but the 4 pots will pull you down with one finger and stock brake lines. Some prefer then to the 6 pots. The most economical would be a bracket that incorporates 4 pots on a 320mm rotor. There are gobs of 320mm rotors floating around and gobs of 4 pot Tokico's and Nissins. The 320's look great on a stock Connie and add about 7% more stopping power. The 310mm ZRX rotors are not easy to find and they can be pricey. Be carefull when buying adapters that you are clear on what rotors they fit!  :banghead:
If I EVER get this damn basement done on this foreclosure I can get my ZRX front end on and try the 6 pots.  :chugbeer:
'98 becoming more farkled up by the minute.

R.I.P. Steve Earl  "Mr. FJR"

Offline Cybercraig

• Sprayboy-Services
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2011, 10:36:15 PM »
The jury is out on the 6 pot versus 4 pot but the 4 pots will pull you down with one finger and stock brake lines. Some prefer then to the 6 pots. The most economical would be a bracket that incorporates 4 pots on a 320mm rotor. There are gobs of 320mm rotors floating around and gobs of 4 pot Tokico's and Nissins. The 320's look great on a stock Connie and add about 7% more stopping power. The 310mm ZRX rotors are not easy to find and they can be pricey. Be carefull when buying adapters that you are clear on what rotors they fit!  :banghead:
If I EVER get this damn basement done on this foreclosure I can get my ZRX front end on and try the 6 pots.  :chugbeer:

PS: Doug, make sure you watch those pads if you have Shaun's ZRX rotor adapters. You will start losing braking because of the uneven wear where the pads do not cover the rotors.

Offline Tele130

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2011, 11:05:13 PM »
PS: Doug, make sure you watch those pads if you have Shaun's ZRX rotor adapters. You will start losing braking because of the uneven wear where the pads do not cover the rotors.

Thanks for the heads up Craig :thumbs:
BTW, I was in Omaha the 27th thru 30th of June.  Stayed at the Travelodge on 72nd & Grover.  Where were you???? ;D

Doug Colton

Offline Cybercraig

• Sprayboy-Services
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2011, 12:34:00 AM »
You should have pinged me! I am about four miles West of that. We'll definitely have to tip one someday!  :chugbeer:

Offline sroby

• 06 Blue C-10
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2011, 06:36:07 PM »
Tele130,  yes could I get that address plsr, thx Steve

Offline bowtie39

« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2011, 07:33:34 AM »
Jus keeping this topic up.  Hoping for some updates from those who are investigating.

'16 Moondust Gray....gone  2001....the keeper

Offline jim snyder

• Arena
  • I'm married but my girlfriends name is Connie
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2011, 09:19:22 AM »
I am working on an undercover top secret project with a confidential partner to get adaptors manufactured and back on the market, be patient.
"Somedays you're the windshield, and somedays you're the bug"
"An armed citizen is a patriot, and unarmed citizen is a victim"

http://community.webshots.com/user/kawadude

Offline Tele130

« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2011, 09:41:05 AM »
I am working on an undercover top secret project with a confidential partner to get adaptors manufactured and back on the market, be patient.

Does your parnter know he's "Confidential"? :rotflmao:

Doug Colton

Offline jim snyder

• Arena
  • I'm married but my girlfriends name is Connie
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2011, 09:46:42 AM »
Does your parnter know he's "Confidential"? :rotflmao:

Of course he does, I haven't told him yet.
"Somedays you're the windshield, and somedays you're the bug"
"An armed citizen is a patriot, and unarmed citizen is a victim"

http://community.webshots.com/user/kawadude

Offline Tele130

« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2011, 09:52:11 AM »
Of course he does, I haven't told him yet.

That works ;D.

Doug Colton

Offline sroby

• 06 Blue C-10
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2011, 01:43:55 PM »
Yall are scarrrrrrering me now sounds like cia or bfi or something topsecretly good is fiininn  to happen. Jim you da man.  Regards Steve  I have first dibs on the first set available........PPLLEEEAASSEEE.  Ha