Author Topic: Sold  (Read 2449 times)

Offline Connito

Sold
« on: May 22, 2011, 08:35:43 PM »
For your consideration is my 1993 with less than 39,000 miles located in Boston, MA.
It has a fenda extenda, Targa windshield as well as cut stock for summer windshield, brand new Avon tires and bearings on both wheels, rebuilt forks, SISF cam sprocket, adjusted valves and new gaskets, new spark plugs, relocated overflow bottle, carbs just rebuilt by SISF with economy jet kit and overflow tubes, nicely sealed air box, block off plates, K&N air filter, fresh fluids in the clutch and the brakes as well as fresh oil in the final drive.

Now why does it have the 1986 plastics? No, it wasn’t dropped. There was some rust and crap in the original tank, plus it was badly repaired with JBWeld by the PO and it wasn’t looking good at all. I had this Silverdammit tank that was “professionally” treated inside, but I am not sure with what though. It is kind of red in color and feels like plastic when you touch it. Kreem perhaps? Anyway, it was part of a deal I made few years back and I am the first person to put gas in it. It has some rust spots on the outside that need to be addressed. Since the Silver tank didn’t look all that good on the black plastics and since some of them were not in good shape, I replaced them all and now the bike is Silverdammit. There are no missing tabs or anything broken on the plastics. Few repaired spots, but hardly noticeable. One of the antlers has been welded and the sidebags have a blemish or two, not perfect but doing the job.
Overall, the bike looks good and it runs perfect. Many more high resolution pictures are available upon request. This is your chance to own a reliable low mileage bike at a very fair and pretty firm price.

Here are two options I would like to give you:
If you want a Corbin seat, instead of the stock, please add $100.
Also, I have an extra set of wheels that need tires. If you want the bike with them, instead of the wheels with the brand new tires and bearings, I will lower the price with 300.

I would help with shipping the bike if you go that way. I would be more than happy to pick you up from the Airport or the Bus Terminal and you are welcome to spend the night at my place. I accept PayPal, so you can pay with credit card if you are short on cash. It doesn’t get easier than that. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Cheers,
Pete
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 06:38:34 PM by Connito »
"Old enough to know what's right, but young enough not to choose it”

Offline Connito

Re: 1993 with Silverdammit plastics - $2000 (New England Area)
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 10:38:06 AM »
Here are few more pictures

Offline Connito

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 10:50:18 AM »
80 views and no comments? Tell me what you think guys. "Great deal, but too far". "Way too expensive, can get a 2002 for that kind of money". "Would I consider selling just the Corbin seat?" Come on, hit me.

Offline medicevans

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 09:20:35 PM »
I think it's just the slow economy. There is a CHERRY GL1000 sitting two block away that hasn't moved.  Really just think it's the economy.

Is $2k out of line? Knowing what I now know about SiSF stuff, I'd say no, $2k isn't out of line. Especially with brand new tires and bearings.

Offline Connito

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 09:39:49 PM »
Thanks for the nice comment! I believe you are correct, it is the economy. The price is right and I will patiently wait for the right buyer.

Cheers,
Pete