Author Topic: C14 Rear Luggage Rack  (Read 2207 times)

Offline Rembrant

• Arena
C14 Rear Luggage Rack
« on: September 19, 2014, 06:04:46 PM »
Hi Folks,

Looking for one, maybe two, factory rear luggage racks for the C14.
Just the plain old plastic jobbies that came with the bike.

Not looking to pay a lot, but if you have one that will be collecting dust forever in the garage, let me know.

Thanks,
Rem
“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.” ~ Winston Churchill.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: C14 Rear Luggage Rack
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 06:26:43 PM »
I've got one holding a shelf down. Yours if you wannt it.

Offline jbirdnc

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 06:42:30 AM »
What are you making

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 07:18:41 AM »
Why?  It's a piece of crap unless you are using it for a template....or a rectangular frizbee...or target practice.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Rembrant

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2014, 11:52:12 AM »
What are you making

Oh...nothing...lol, just need a couple oem racks.

Why?  It's a piece of crap unless you are using it for a template....or a rectangular frizbee...or target practice.

I know they are, but I have misplaced my stock rack (I believe that it was thrown out with some other boxes that felt empty). When it comes time to sell my C14, and of course replace it with a newer C14...lol, I'll want to re-install the stock rack after removing my Phil's aluminum rack.

I also just picked up another bike, a Kawi Versys 1000, and it appears to utilize the same stock rear rack.....which is also missing. The previous owner could not locate it. It has a Givi rack installed, and again, similar deal...I want the stock rack to put on it so I can remove the Givi kit.

This is why I'm not looking to spent a lot (or any...lol) money if I can help it. They're not needed that badly. Just hoping to find the C14 owners that have them collecting dust in the garage.

Rem
“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.” ~ Winston Churchill.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2014, 03:14:41 PM »
Same reason I'm hanging on to mine.  If I ever sell it, not bloody likely but one never knows, I'll put it back on.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.