Author Topic: my new (old) ride  (Read 2760 times)

Offline snarf

• Arena
my new (old) ride
« on: May 01, 2012, 10:11:27 AM »
I stumbled across a deal that I just could not pass up.  A very good friend of my fathers passed away about a year ago.  His wife has been trying to decide what to do with all of his stuff.  Well out of the blue she calls me and asks if I would be interested in his GoldWing. Ummm.....YES
This guy was organized to a fault.  He documented every drop of gas, gas mileage, oil,  fluids, tires, service, when he washed it, and every farkle including the day and price they were installed.  His lists start at 000071 miles (distance from the dealer to his home)
Its a 1994 GL1500 SE. It now has 210K but runs like brand new.  Just about every farkle you can put on one of these.
My god....the windshield is TALL  :o

2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline Nemo

Re: my new (old) ride
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 08:16:36 AM »
Sooooooooo what ya give for it? and man, what a smooth cruise on that. Looks real nice........
Never ride faster then your guardian angel.........

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 05:09:26 PM »
Sooooooooo what ya give for it? and man, what a smooth cruise on that. Looks real nice........
$1500.00 to me it was a steal. Im just about ready to to take that darn heel/toe shifter off. You have to lift your right foot abiut two inches to get your foot on the rear brake, what a pain. Dont Even get me started on that huge a$$ targa windshield. Its taller than my antena on my 02.

I have to keep reminding myself of the advice that we give new folks; ride it a few thousand miles and the bike will tell you what you need to change. I removed the backrest already, that was differant. Moma loves the back away, I guess thats whats important. Floorboards take a little getting used to.
For those that think the connie is hot, ride one of these pigs. NO airflow.
I do love it though. I just have to re-learn my riding style. I cant help but wonder how strange I would look pulling a trailer with a C-10 in tow  ???
2002 Conc

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline bbroj

• To be determined...
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 04:59:53 AM »
I cant help but wonder how strange I would look pulling a trailer with a C-10 in tow  ???

Like a duckling following it's mother :rotflmao:  Nice bike, Chris. Now you can ride with your father and his buddies and fit right in!

I rode my brothers 'Wing some years ago when he had one, real nice ride and it handled better than a bike that big had any right to!
'12 C-14, Vance and Hines CS One muffler, lowered pegs, tank bra, bar risers, Phil's Farkles rack with Givi V46 top box, fender extender, Bucks tail brights, Canyon Cages and much more to come!
COG 9331
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=1302;type=avatar&time=1422479190

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 09:39:31 AM »
Like a duckling following it's mother :rotflmao:  Nice bike, Chris. Now you can ride with your father and his buddies and fit right in!

I rode my brothers 'Wing some years ago when he had one, real nice ride and it handled better than a bike that big had any right to!
I believe that the Connie is the result of leaving a GoldWing and a Ninja unsupervised in a cold garage.
The 1500's are still pigs, but yes they do handle surprisingly well.  The new 1800 wings are simply amazing. If you were to remove all the hard parts that make sparks a person could do some serious corner carving.  Heck do a google search for "yellow Wolf" riding the Dragon. Nevermind here ya go  :yikes: :hail: This guy once did 106 runs on deals gap in 24 hours
fastest run about 11 minutes; he knows how to lean and use body position

deals gap on a goldwing/gl1800 by yellow wolf dragons tail
2002 Conc

Offline bbroj

• To be determined...
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012, 06:00:47 PM »
Hell, the chase bike seems to be having a hard time keeping up with him. I hear the chase bike scraping regularly, but see no sparks from the "wolf". That's some serious riding!
'12 C-14, Vance and Hines CS One muffler, lowered pegs, tank bra, bar risers, Phil's Farkles rack with Givi V46 top box, fender extender, Bucks tail brights, Canyon Cages and much more to come!
COG 9331
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=1302;type=avatar&time=1422479190

Offline AZBiker

• My photos
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2012, 01:36:00 AM »
Smooth is fast.
rubber side down,

Derek
93 Cali black & red