Author Topic: Check your fuel filter!!!  (Read 6458 times)

Offline Freddy

Re: Check your fuel filter!!!
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2022, 04:59:34 PM »
Well done Cliff - that's the one.  Thanks muchly.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2022, 03:19:37 AM by Freddy »
The best substitute for brains is .............what?

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2022, 04:16:49 AM »
Yup, looks like a cylindrical mesh "filter" which you should be able to blow clear with compressed air blown the opposite way to the flow of the gas.
Replacing the whole assembly at a cost of $200 is kind of ridiculous just for cleaning a mesh filter.

As for the other forum, I was an active member for many many years (COG 3242), and before that I was on here (when it WAS the COG forum) and before that I was active on the old email Listserver for many years. COG changed very much for the worse over the years but I stayed active and involved on the forum and avoided the politics mostly.
Then the powers that be decided that I had to pay $35 per year just to be allowed contribute to their forum. For me that was the straw that broke the camels back.
Being in the UK, the ONLY part of the COG membership that was of interest to me was the forum, and I am not paying to read ****hole-troll posts and outright insults.
So, I left and to be honest I don't miss it at all.
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline Big Red

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2022, 08:22:16 AM »
Then the powers that be decided that I had to pay $35 per year just to be allowed contribute to their forum. For me that was the straw that broke the camels back.
Being in the UK, the ONLY part of the COG membership that was of interest to me was the forum, and I am not paying to read ****hole-troll posts and outright insults.
So, I left and to be honest I don't miss it at all.

All I was ever interested in was the forum stuff. I offered to kick in $10 to keep just forum access, and you would've thought I had asked them to pay me.

All this talk, I ordered a new sock to swap mine out one of these weekends.
2010 C14, Shoodaben Engineering MRP Flash, Delkevic slip-on, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, highway pegs, tail tidy, AST peg lowering brackets, LED switchbacks all the way around, Bright2Wheels tail light, StompGrips, custom seat, 2015 C14 vented and blacked out windshield, Dunlop RS3s, and a Fat Ninja hat.

Offline dbird29

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2022, 08:55:39 AM »
Right there with you Boomer.

I did order some socks and will clean the mesh filter during this winter's maintenance.

Thanks for the picture justcliff
2010 C14 Blue
2003 Buell XB9S
1982 GPz 750

Offline STC14JIM

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2022, 09:19:19 AM »
Sorry for the late post.  I'm usually on the other Forum.

When I did my valve adjust a few years ago I took a look at the filter ( 20K miles ) and was surprised at what I saw.  I bought a 3-pack fof filters from Quantum for about $15.

https://www.highflowfuel.com/quantum-fuel-pump-strainer-only-qty-3-for-kawasaki-concours-14-zg1400-2008-2020-replaces-49040-0024/

That's the new filter sock on the left   :)  I believe this fuel filter sock is used on various Kawasaki vehicles besides Kawasaki motorcycles.