Author Topic: Tires - Looking for best price on Avon Azaro  (Read 3091 times)

Offline FreshAir

Tires - Looking for best price on Avon Azaro
« on: August 03, 2011, 01:41:12 PM »
I plan on purchasing another Avon Azaro this week to replace my current Azaro (150/80ZR16). ;D  Although I was hoping for more than 7000 miles from it, I have been quite impressed with its performance while riding in the rain.  I put a Storm on the front at the same time and it has lots more life in it, so I am only looking for a rear tire at this time.  The best price I found today, including shipping and handling, was 143.99 from ironpony.com.  Does any frugal rider know of a better price?  If so, I would be happy to hear from you! 

Thanks for your help,

DB
Current Ride:  2000 Kawasaki Concours  Candy Persimmon Red & Cosmic Gray Accent
Parts Bike:  1987 Kawasaki Concours   Wineberry Red
Previous:  1988 Kawasaki 454 LTD
Iron Butt SS1000 - March 21, 2010

Offline FreshAir

Re: Tires - Best price on Avon Azaro - $126.88 including S/H
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 06:46:14 PM »
Hey Avon Fans -

I just purchased a rear Azaro 150/80R16 for $126.88 including shipping from Chaparral Motorsports  :)

Here is the link - http://www.chaparral-racing.com/Product/avon-av46-st-rear-tire/330-5468.aspx .  Orders over $100.00 ship for free! 

DB

P.S. I am not affiliated with this company as a rep or employee.  Just a frugal biker!
Current Ride:  2000 Kawasaki Concours  Candy Persimmon Red & Cosmic Gray Accent
Parts Bike:  1987 Kawasaki Concours   Wineberry Red
Previous:  1988 Kawasaki 454 LTD
Iron Butt SS1000 - March 21, 2010

Offline bbroj

• To be determined...
Re: Tires - Looking for best price on Avon Azaro
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 07:13:32 PM »
Good deal! :goodpost: I saw the $143 and asked my local dealer how close they could come. They gave me a price of $159.00. To keep my business local, and to save $10.00 on the mounting (the dealer charges an extra $10.00 to mount and ballance if you didn't buy from them) I agreed. After having it mounted and ballanced and buying a few other accessories while we were there, we went to check out. The total was less than it should have been, a lot! I told the parts guy (I'm a semi regular here, and he knows me by name) that I didn't think he charged me for the tire. He made the correction, and discounted the tire to $140.00. Win-win.
'12 C-14, Vance and Hines CS One muffler, lowered pegs, tank bra, bar risers, Phil's Farkles rack with Givi V46 top box, fender extender, Bucks tail brights, Canyon Cages and much more to come!
COG 9331
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=1302;type=avatar&time=1422479190

Offline Pfloydgad

• When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 05:36:43 PM »
www.ironpony.com
In Columbus: $133.99. I just put this on along with the Roadrider front. I have put 2400 miles on them and am as pleased as punch with them.
They are showing no wear to speak of, I have cornered as fas as I can get, and these sidewalls hold the road like glue. And I have been in the worst rian in yrs, and they tracked perfectly.
If these stay available, I will ride on nothing but these from here on out.
Good luck with your search.
Ride safe all.
greg
Why did we have to run for cover with the promise of a brave new world unfold beneath the clear blue sky ?

Offline DeansZG

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2011, 06:47:30 AM »
>>>SNIP<<<I have cornered as fas as I can get, and these sidewalls hold the road like glue. And I have been in the worst rian in yrs, and they tracked perfectly.  If these stay available, I will ride on nothing but these from here on out. greg

TOLD YOU SO..... ;D

'99 C10 "MissTriss" *sold*
'04 ZZR1200 "Sweet heart" *sold*
'81 GL1100 Interstate "Puttz"*sold*
'00 K12LT..."Battleship Galactica".....

Offline Pfloydgad

• When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2011, 05:35:36 PM »
TOLD YOU SO..... ;D

YES YOU DID, T.Y., AGAIN.
Ride safe all,
Greg
Why did we have to run for cover with the promise of a brave new world unfold beneath the clear blue sky ?

Offline ITeach2Wheels

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2011, 05:48:55 PM »
Check Chaparrel, best price I found with free shipping.