Author Topic: GoPro Hero3+ Black  (Read 5565 times)

Son of Pappy

GoPro Hero3+ Black
« on: December 28, 2013, 10:41:42 PM »
So, my wife bought a new cam for me, even let me pick.  I am a HUGE fan of Contour but seeing as they went out of business recently I think support will be non existent.  I wanted the remote so I got the Black version.  After playing with the unit I coulda saved some coin and got the Silver, between my phone, GPS (Monterra), and the awesome GoPro app I can have total control of the camera and even see what it is aimed at.  Making changes is now easy and no more bad angles for this amigo.  Heck, with the Monterra I can even mount the camera to the rear and have a rear view camera :o :o :o  Beat that Jay ;)

I will try some video shots tomorrow just to see how it does.  Think low fairing mount on the VFR and a crashbar mount for the GS.  I'll stick to helmet mounts for the dirt bikes.  I think this is going to be a great tool for students to do a quick review of form while it is still fresh in their mind.

Offline viper

Re: GoPro Hero3+ Black
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 05:35:02 AM »
i got the hero3 black for xmas too and still playing around with it before fitting it to the bike. The challenge is to get power into the waterproof housing so the unit can be charged on the bike , the battery life is very poor . gopro should make a housing for this function but dont. Im working on a modification at the mo.
Im goona try the unit just cable tied to the bike before i decide wher to fix my once only sticky mount .

good luck

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 10:14:39 AM »
 :thumbs: :chugbeer:

Offline MGvaleri

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 02:33:42 AM »
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 10:52:27 PM by MGvaleri »
Centauro ancora a  60 anni,..che non finisca mai!!!

Offline orangewingnut

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 02:41:24 PM »
i bought a hero 3 (not 3+) as a christmas present to myself. Saved about a 100 bucks.
Also bought the suction mount to mount it to my tank. Still trying to figure everything out. One caution for those considering these devices. You may need to upgrade to a newer computer to be able to view and edit your video's. In order to play back hd video's, you need a fast processor and lots of ram, which i unfortunately am short of with my 6 year old laptop. Bought a hdmi cable to view directly on my flatscreen, but still would have liked to be able to edit, add music etc.

I plan on doing a two day track event in the spring and hope to get some good video.

Bill

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 03:21:36 PM »
Teressa (santa) bought me the same 3+ black cam. The cam is simple to figure out, wi-fi to the droid as a screen with the app works awesome.

the Mac iMovies editing software I need to sit down and learn in a huge way
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2014, 03:23:15 PM »
So, my wife bought a new cam for me, even let me pick.  I am a HUGE fan of Contour but seeing as they went out of business recently I think support will be non existent.  I wanted the remote so I got the Black version.  After playing with the unit I coulda saved some coin and got the Silver, between my phone, GPS (Monterra), and the awesome GoPro app I can have total control of the camera and even see what it is aimed at.  Making changes is now easy and no more bad angles for this amigo.  Heck, with the Monterra I can even mount the camera to the rear and have a rear view camera :o :o :o  Beat that Jay ;)

I will try some video shots tomorrow just to see how it does.  Think low fairing mount on the VFR and a crashbar mount for the GS.  I'll stick to helmet mounts for the dirt bikes.  I think this is going to be a great tool for students to do a quick review of form while it is still fresh in their mind.

+1

especially on the race track.  I beg folks to follow me with a go-pro
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Son of Pappy

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2014, 03:51:54 PM »
i bought a hero 3 (not 3+) as a christmas present to myself. Saved about a 100 bucks.
Also bought the suction mount to mount it to my tank. Still trying to figure everything out. One caution for those considering these devices. You may need to upgrade to a newer computer to be able to view and edit your video's. In order to play back hd video's, you need a fast processor and lots of ram, which i unfortunately am short of with my 6 year old laptop. Bought a hdmi cable to view directly on my flatscreen, but still would have liked to be able to edit, add music etc.

I plan on doing a two day track event in the spring and hope to get some good video.

Bill
Yup on the computer-I shot some HD vids last week, plays back all herky jerky, slow mo, than turbo mode.

Offline orangewingnut

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2014, 10:49:35 AM »
Yup on the computer-I shot some HD vids last week, plays back all herky jerky, slow mo, than turbo mode.

Yup, that's been my experience as well. Priced out a faster processor for my laptop, but just isn't cost effective.

Bill

Offline MGvaleri

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2014, 12:24:38 PM »
With a GoPro HD 0 is the maximum for sound, vibration, air effect :P

http://youtu.be/ScYslKTv5pE

MGvalerio. ;D
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 10:48:49 PM by MGvaleri »
Centauro ancora a  60 anni,..che non finisca mai!!!