Author Topic: What are you watching?  (Read 303304 times)

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
Re: What are you watching?
« Reply #280 on: January 14, 2015, 11:11:27 PM »
Plains, trains, and Eric... 2014 Eric Clapton concert tour on Paladia.. twc.
Good concert.
Highly recommended... highly reckmmended.. HIGHLY

Layla, acoustically performed.. great.

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #281 on: January 15, 2015, 04:57:38 AM »
Yup! But I was more interested in the light "L" aircraft they crashed in. Couldn't get a good look at it but was wondering what type it was.

There's a light military aircraft and it's an Aeronca  11CC...

http://youtu.be/V6fpFOx66y8

BTW, nice scene of 4.2 mortars.  My dad was in a 4.2 mortar battalion in WW2 in the battles of the Southern Philippines.

Other notable aircraft:

Mittlewrk Ltungswaffe V-2
Fairey Firefly MK1
Supermarine Seafire III
B-45A Tornado
F-86
T-33
YB-49
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #282 on: January 15, 2015, 09:36:29 AM »
There's a light military aircraft and it's an Aeronca  11CC...

http://youtu.be/V6fpFOx66y8

BTW, nice scene of 4.2 mortars.  My dad was in a 4.2 mortar battalion in WW2 in the battles of the Southern Philippines.

Other notable aircraft:

Mittlewrk Ltungswaffe V-2
Fairey Firefly MK1
Supermarine Seafire III
B-45A Tornado
F-86
T-33
YB-49

Cool! I owned an Aeronca 7AC but with Cont O-200 100hp engine and a plexi-glass roof in the cabin making it very similar to an L-16. I miss that airplane.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #283 on: January 15, 2015, 06:02:57 PM »
The American Experience, episode 'Silicon Valley'. Outstanding program for us old- timers that can remember that people like Gates and Jobs were really the second generation of first generation electronics people. Just about everybody who is (or sadly, was) anybody was there. I think I can honestly say that this group has had a bigger impact on all of humanity than Gutenberg.

The only one I missed, and in reality he did come along a bit later than the folks who were the focus of the program, was Bob Widlar. How can one not smile at a brilliant person who dismisses digital electronics with the sentence "every idiot can count to one"?

Another excellent episode of A.E. was 'The bombing of Germany'; a very different take on that subject than anything else I have seen on that subject and I am very interested in that period of history.

Brian

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Conrad

« Reply #284 on: January 26, 2015, 04:36:03 AM »
Tried to watch The Interview on Netflix last night.

I knew that it was going to be bad but I didn't know how bad. What a piece of ****! We only lasted about a 1/4 of the way into the movie before my wife asked me to have mercy and shut that :censored: off!

I think that the target audience has to have been 8 to 10 year old boys.   :pukeface:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #285 on: January 26, 2015, 04:41:05 AM »
Final episode of American Horror...ending was a bit strange, though.  Hot in Cleveland.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #286 on: January 26, 2015, 08:15:53 AM »
Tried to watch The Interview on Netflix last night.

I knew that it was going to be bad but I didn't know how bad. What a piece of ****! We only lasted about a 1/4 of the way into the movie before my wife asked me to have mercy and shut that :censored: off!

I think that the target audience has to have been 8 to 10 year old boys.   :pukeface:

Thanks for the info. Exactly what I expected. Was going to maybe give it a try but the ONLY reason was due to all the controversy. Now I'll just pass like I would have if none of this crap ever happened.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #287 on: January 26, 2015, 09:21:29 AM »
Thanks for the info. Exactly what I expected. Was going to maybe give it a try but the ONLY reason was due to all the controversy. Now I'll just pass like I would have if none of this crap ever happened.

Like you I would never have wanted to see this if not for all the brouhaha. I gave in and wished I hadn't. At least I didn't pay to see it. Having my wife ask me to shut it off is really saying something.  :o

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #288 on: January 26, 2015, 05:05:33 PM »
Die hard on IFC. No High Def here.
Fun looking at the old cars, phones and hair doos. ;D

Can you say Captain mullet, with a bag phone? :rotflmao:
The grass isn't always greener.

Online Strawboss

« Reply #289 on: January 28, 2015, 02:42:43 PM »
Yeah, thanks for the info on "the interview" too, I too figured it to be bad, that and after what A$$hat Seth Rogen said about snipers, I'll never watch anything he does ever again.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #290 on: January 28, 2015, 03:20:18 PM »
Did you hear Liam Neesons' rant after the Paris massacre?....http://gulfnews.com/arts-entertainment/celebrity/liam-neeson-on-charlie-hebdo-gun-control-in-us-1.1439911

“There’s too many [expletive] guns out there,” he continued. “Especially in America. I think the population is like, 320 million? There’s over 300 million guns. Privately owned, in America. I think it’s a [expletive] disgrace. Every week now we’re picking up a newspaper and seeing, ‘Yet another few kids have been killed in schools.’”

Done with him too.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #291 on: January 28, 2015, 03:30:42 PM »
Watched Fury last night. Meh- standard WWII yarn written from pages of both 'Saving Private Ryan' and 'Pulp Fiction' sorta' mixed in there. It was not awful but not very good either. They also overdid the CGI quite a bit IMO.

Just starting watching 'The Affair'. So far it is not awful and does have a very interesting and different delivery; the show is divided into two parts in each episode and they are the identical story / time frame but told from the 'his / hers' point of view. The sub- plot is what appears to be a murder investigation and the story is told from the present and past view, exactly the same as the first season of 'True Detective' although I want to be clear that I am not comparing the two series: True Detective was excellent IMO. We will see about this one....

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #292 on: January 28, 2015, 03:54:01 PM »
Watched all 3 episodes of "Sons of Liberty". Not bad. Would have been a lot better if I had a DVR in my apartment and didn't have to sit through endless Rob Lowe commercials.

Online Strawboss

« Reply #293 on: January 28, 2015, 05:34:31 PM »
Just watched "Fools Parade", 1971, great Depression era film with Jimmy Stewart, George Kennedy, Strother Martin, a host of other famous 60's and 70's character actors, and a YOUNG, Kurt Russell.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline Conrad

« Reply #294 on: January 29, 2015, 04:55:00 AM »
Yeah, thanks for the info on "the interview" too, I too figured it to be bad, that and after what A$$hat Seth Rogen said about snipers, I'll never watch anything he does ever again.

Did you hear Liam Neesons' rant after the Paris massacre?....http://gulfnews.com/arts-entertainment/celebrity/liam-neeson-on-charlie-hebdo-gun-control-in-us-1.1439911

“There’s too many [expletive] guns out there,” he continued. “Especially in America. I think the population is like, 320 million? There’s over 300 million guns. Privately owned, in America. I think it’s a [expletive] disgrace. Every week now we’re picking up a newspaper and seeing, ‘Yet another few kids have been killed in schools.’”

Done with him too.

These dickheads get a little fame and the public's attention and all of a sudden they think that their opinions matter more than others and that they know how to fix the things that are wrong with society. The sad thing is that so many people sheeple listen to them instead of the people who really do know what their talking about.

Oh yeah, what am I watching? The Fall on Netflix.    :thumbs:

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #295 on: January 29, 2015, 05:21:17 AM »

These dickheads get a little fame and the public's attention and all of a sudden they think that their opinions matter more than others and that they know how to fix the things that are wrong with society. The sad thing is that so many people sheeple listen to them instead of the people who really do know what their talking about.

Oh yeah, what am I watching? The Fall on Netflix.    :thumbs:
Preaching that crap while standing in front of his latest gunloving kill'em all shoot'emup movie.  :1DeadBanana

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #296 on: January 30, 2015, 08:21:50 PM »
'Sons of Liberty' on the History Channel
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline rhhall

• Arena
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #297 on: January 30, 2015, 11:48:48 PM »
Starship Troopers
So over the top, it's a hoot.
rick
08 Connie ABS(totaled)
14 Connie

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #298 on: January 31, 2015, 05:42:30 AM »

Seeing as it was there, momma and I watched it... I found it quite hilarious, and truely a great satire in the sense other word...
After that watched Sabotage,  with the Swarzenator, pretty damned good plot, Arnold really looked old.... man......

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #299 on: February 02, 2015, 07:25:12 AM »
Watched the super bowl last night. Not a fan of either team but really enjoyed the game anyway. Best SB in awhile. Even liked Kati Perry's half time show. Of course my buddy cracking open a bottle of Ardbeg Uigeadail didn't hurt either.