Author Topic: What are you watching?  (Read 304231 times)

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
Re: What are you watching?
« Reply #340 on: February 22, 2015, 04:28:28 PM »
You just shot an unarmed man!

Well he should have armed himself.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #341 on: February 22, 2015, 04:33:47 PM »
Yeah, the whole movie is a series of excellent quotes;

"I guess you think I'm kicking you, Bob. But it ain't so. What I'm doing is talking, you hear? I'm talking to all those villains down there in Kansas. I'm talking to all those villains in Missouri. And all those villains down there in Cheyenne. And what I'm saying is there ain't no whore's gold. And if there was, how they wouldn't want to come looking for it anyhow."
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #342 on: February 22, 2015, 04:52:13 PM »
One very good movie.  One of the best from Eastwood.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #343 on: February 23, 2015, 12:02:05 PM »
Started watching "Spartacus" From Starz on Netflix. Basically "300" meets "Debbie Does Dallas" only without the plot. It's horrible but for some reason I can't look away.

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #344 on: February 23, 2015, 12:06:04 PM »
The "first" season was great.
The prequel was terrible.
Once the lead actor died, the remaining seasons weren't so good.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #345 on: February 23, 2015, 01:08:06 PM »
Anybody watchin' Bosch on Amazon? I enjoyed several of Michael Connelly's books (on tape/CD) so I still have high hopes after only watching two episodes. I have to admit that physically, Titus Welliver doesn't fit my mental image of Harry Bosch. So far I can't say Titus is doing a bad job of it. They've switched his military service from the tunnels of Viet Nam to the tunnels of Afghanistan which is OK I guess.
I didn't think much of Tom Cruise being cast as Jack Reacher either (little guy playing a pretty large tall guy), but I still enjoyed the movie. Of course Robert Duvall helped it along, as he always does.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #346 on: February 23, 2015, 01:35:46 PM »
It is because of all the breasts. Even in the 14 seconds of those shows where there are not breasts visible, you know breasts could appear at any time. Same reason you cannot walk away from the TV when this show is on.... you may miss a breast, actually two breasts I guess. Maybe more. And then, how could you possibly have an accurate mental ranking of the quality of the breasts you have seen on that show? You would forever wonder, what if I missed a pair of, say, Grade C or better breasts? And who were they attached to? How would you know to look for them in other TV shows in the future. And that is the reason you cannot look away..... too risky.

Brian

Started watching "Spartacus" From Starz on Netflix. Basically "300" meets "Debbie Does Dallas" only without the plot. It's horrible but for some reason I can't look away.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Conrad

« Reply #347 on: February 23, 2015, 02:16:42 PM »

We tried it and lasted one episode before looking away.

edit
Brian is right, the show did have one (or two) redeeming things going for it...   :P
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #348 on: February 23, 2015, 02:24:56 PM »
Reminds me of an old Steve Martin skit about a Vegas show, he goes: "Wow! Look at the ****! There must be 57 ****". A good description of Spartacus.

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #349 on: February 27, 2015, 11:59:08 AM »
The book is better.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #350 on: February 27, 2015, 12:30:16 PM »
Better Call Saul is turning out better than I had feared it would be. Not yet as good as I had hoped but it is good enough to keep watching with the thought it will improve, or I will stop waiting for it to be 'Breaking Bad' and learn to appreciate it more.

House of Cards was released today. Bet there are a lot of D/L's going on for that one....

Brian

Offline rhhall

• Arena
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #351 on: February 27, 2015, 09:12:42 PM »
It Might Get Loud  :cool:
rick
08 Connie ABS(totaled)
14 Connie

Offline Conrad

« Reply #352 on: February 28, 2015, 06:17:24 AM »
If you're not watching The Vikings you're missing a damn good show!

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #353 on: February 28, 2015, 07:01:25 AM »
 :thumbs: goodness from Canada.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #354 on: March 01, 2015, 09:44:20 AM »
Started re-watching House of Cards from the beginning to go right into the recently released 3rd season. Well done show! Frank Underwood is the best evil character since Tywin Lannister.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #355 on: March 01, 2015, 11:39:09 AM »
And something interesting about this series is that it is recorded in an 'R' rated version yet shown in original release on The History Channel in 'PG' format. That means if you view the later releases that were never broadcast, the show has..... wait for it (I said IT!)..... breasts.

So Conrad, you think it is good now, you should see the other version.

:rotflmao:

'Cause as we all know, men like breasts. In fact, there used to be a song about that, just going by memory....

'Brea-sts, Human Breas-sts.

What kinds of males like human Breas- sts?

Fat males, skinny males, males who climb on rocks.

Tough males, sissy males   [well, maybe not that one so much]

Even males with chicken pox

Love Brea- sts, human Breas-ts,

The Breas- ts males love to see, touch, think about, talk about, think about some more, wonder if we saw a glimpse of one <anywhere>, and of course, think about!

Brian

If you're not watching The Vikings you're missing a damn good show!

Offline Conrad

« Reply #356 on: March 02, 2015, 04:55:18 AM »
And something interesting about this series is that it is recorded in an 'R' rated version yet shown in original release on The History Channel in 'PG' format. That means if you view the later releases that were never broadcast, the show has..... wait for it (I said IT!)..... breasts.

So Conrad, you think it is good now, you should see the other version.

:rotflmao:

'Cause as we all know, men like breasts. In fact, there used to be a song about that, just going by memory....

'Brea-sts, Human Breas-sts.

What kinds of males like human Breas- sts?

Fat males, skinny males, males who climb on rocks.

Tough males, sissy males   [well, maybe not that one so much]

Even males with chicken pox

Love Brea- sts, human Breas-ts,

The Breas- ts males love to see, touch, think about, talk about, think about some more, wonder if we saw a glimpse of one <anywhere>, and of course, think about!

Brian

And where is this 'R' rated version?

So you're saying that this 'R' rated version has breasts AND good writing and breasts and good acting along with breasts and a compelling story line?  What about breasts?    :P

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #357 on: March 02, 2015, 05:12:00 AM »

So you're saying that this 'R' rated version has breasts AND good writing and breasts and good acting along with breasts and a compelling story line?  What about breasts?    :P
+1 pics or it didn't happen

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #358 on: March 02, 2015, 05:39:17 AM »
This isn't an R-rated forum, guys.  Let's keep that in mind.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #359 on: March 02, 2015, 06:00:01 AM »
http://www.movie-censorship.com/news.php?ID=5782 , for example but widely available.

There are also a lot of still floating around.

Brian