Author Topic: What are you watching?  (Read 304294 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: What are you watching?
« Reply #640 on: March 29, 2016, 09:53:39 AM »
Instead of doing that, why not give a condom to BO's father? Just a thought...

Not a very good one I'm afraid...

The time portal in the show 11-22-63 only opens to the past at a specific date and it never changes. I forgot the exact date but it's sometime in 1960. The hero does some investigation as to who is really responsible for the shot that killed JFK and this is the interesting part.   
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #641 on: March 29, 2016, 10:08:45 AM »
My mistake, I was focused on the going back in time to make the world a better place angle.

It's sad that we will never know the truth about who was involved with the assassination of JFK and why.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Conrad

« Reply #642 on: March 29, 2016, 10:12:27 AM »
Ah, a fairy tale.

Well, it is a story written by Stephen King.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #643 on: March 29, 2016, 01:46:31 PM »
Well, it is a story written by Stephen King.

Stephen King and J.J. Abrams, I might have to give that a look.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #644 on: March 30, 2016, 04:48:56 AM »
Stephen King and J.J. Abrams, I might have to give that a look.

Lemme know what you think.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #645 on: March 31, 2016, 07:35:19 AM »
Lemme know what you think.

I watched the first episode last night and liked it a lot. It's got all the issues with any time travel premise but I like the unique (spoiler alert) premise of a single time line that gets reset every time you use the portal. (spoiler not too bad as this is revealed in the first 1/2 hour) Also I'm no expert but after reading Stephen Hunter's book, The Third Bullet, and visiting Deley Plaza last year, I looked into some stuff and it's clear Stephen King and JJ Abrams is using actually historical facts in this show. It will be interesting seeing where this goes.

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #646 on: April 02, 2016, 05:30:56 PM »
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3O6dXgx8jUc

Some of this footage is a little irritating because of camera angle but most is good.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #647 on: April 02, 2016, 06:17:19 PM »
I just love it when someone surrenders after they crash...sounds like a job for a good billy club or handy metal chair.   :battle:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #648 on: April 03, 2016, 08:04:47 AM »
Cops don't believe in ATGAT?
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #649 on: April 03, 2016, 08:07:08 AM »
all the guns all the time?

Offline Conrad

« Reply #650 on: April 03, 2016, 08:25:00 AM »
Cops don't believe in ATGAT?

all the guns all the time?

For the bad guy fleeing who ran face first into the cars rear bumper, it's now all the gums all the time.    ;D

Offline Conrad

« Reply #651 on: April 08, 2016, 07:45:49 AM »
We finished watching 11-22-63 last night. Perfect ending to a very well done series.    :thumbs:

I have only one complaint about this series (hard to believe I know...). I won't spoil anything (much) for anyone who hasn't watched but it was the kitchen scene in the 5th episode (I think that it was the 5th) with Jake and Sadie facing off (no pun intended) against Sadie's ex husband. If you've seen it tell me if you know what I mean.   

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #652 on: April 10, 2016, 10:13:58 AM »
"George Gently", Brit police detective TV show set in the 60's.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #653 on: April 11, 2016, 01:42:15 PM »
We finished watching 11-22-63 last night. Perfect ending to a very well done series.    :thumbs:

I have only one complaint about this series (hard to believe I know...). I won't spoil anything (much) for anyone who hasn't watched but it was the kitchen scene in the 5th episode (I think that it was the 5th) with Jake and Sadie facing off (no pun intended) against Sadie's ex husband. If you've seen it tell me if you know what I mean.

Yup. I have a few problems with that whole scene but nothing horrible. Are you referring specifically to how she wound up with you know what? Still overall an excellent time travel premise and story. And I agree, ended about as well as can be done.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #654 on: April 11, 2016, 03:45:42 PM »
"George Gently", Brit police detective TV show set in the 60's.

Excellent!  We watch that as well.  Other crime shows are Inspector Lynley, Father Brown, Grantchester, Midsomer Murders, Inspector Lewis, Inspector Morse, Foley's War, DCI Banks, Poirot, Rosemary and Thyme.  Some are on PBS, some on Netflix and Amazon Prime.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #655 on: April 11, 2016, 04:00:37 PM »
Excellent!  We watch that as well.  Other crime shows are Inspector Lynley, Father Brown, Grantchester, Midsomer Murders, Inspector Lewis, Inspector Morse, Foley's War, DCI Banks, Poirot, Rosemary and Thyme.  Some are on PBS, some on Netflix and Amazon Prime.

I liked Broadchurch and The Fall.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #656 on: April 11, 2016, 05:10:32 PM »
Broadchurch is very good.  Haven't seen The Fall.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #657 on: April 12, 2016, 04:41:53 AM »
Yup. I have a few problems with that whole scene but nothing horrible. Are you referring specifically to how she wound up with you know what? Still overall an excellent time travel premise and story. And I agree, ended about as well as can be done.

Let's see if I can comment without spoiling too much for others.

Warning, may contain a spoiler.

Jake is a man of action right? In that kitchen scene Jake had SO many chances to disarm Sadie's ex! I found myself yelling at him (lol) grab the gun you idiot! Why did he wait so long to do something? The director should have done this differently. If they wanted to create more tension there were much better ways to do it.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #658 on: April 12, 2016, 06:43:06 AM »
Let's see if I can comment without spoiling too much for others.

Warning, may contain a spoiler.

Jake is a man of action right? In that kitchen scene Jake had SO many chances to disarm Sadie's ex! I found myself yelling at him (lol) grab the gun you idiot! Why did he wait so long to do something? The director should have done this differently. If they wanted to create more tension there were much better ways to do it.

Yup, I was yelling the same thing. In fact I was yelling the thing that took him about 5 minutes for him to finally do.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #659 on: April 12, 2016, 08:22:26 AM »
Yup, I was yelling the same thing. In fact I was yelling the thing that took him about 5 minutes for him to finally do.

That's one of the things that I was yelling at the TV too. In that scene the ex was filling the glass and tucked the pistol under his arm. Hello?