Author Topic: What are you watching?  (Read 303308 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: What are you watching?
« Reply #800 on: April 01, 2017, 10:16:40 AM »
I've been watching the Spartitus series on Netflix (on season 3 now).  Hyper violence and sex.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #801 on: April 01, 2017, 06:23:35 PM »
Yes, and let's not forget the nakidity. My wife tells me there were nakid mens on that there show but I do not remember them.... but there were nakid womens for sure. More specifically, really attractive nakid womens..... not all 'plasticky' if you get my drift. And if there were some plasticky womens, at least they seem to have spent enough money to get quality work rather than the all too often 'styrofoam cup' stuff. For some strange reason, American humans seem to think that altering one's appearance to look like a piece of spray- painted plastic, and I mean from head to foot here, is attractive. News flash but I prefer humans that look like.... well, humans.

We are trying on 'Hand of God'. Not sure if I like it yet but my wife is hooked. I think we are on episode 3. Still, it seems to be a well written and thought out program, and outside the usual pretty small box.

Brian

I've been watching the Spartitus series on Netflix (on season 3 now).  Hyper violence and sex.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline motonerd14

• Arena
  • Nerd & Ziggy
« Reply #802 on: April 01, 2017, 08:27:23 PM »
First episode of the new season of Rick and Morty is live streaming on adultswim.com right now.  8)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #803 on: April 02, 2017, 06:25:16 AM »
Hand of God is good.   

We tried to watch Spartacus but couldn't do it. I didn't mind the nakidity one bit  :P but there has to be a plot line to go along with it, for me at least.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #804 on: April 02, 2017, 08:10:38 AM »
Been watching Jericho. Meh. Good enough to keep me watching the first season. Season 2 is only 7 episodes and I've watched 3 of those. So I will certainly finish it but its got plot issues.

I will checkout Hand of God next.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #805 on: April 02, 2017, 09:52:09 AM »
We tried to watch Spartacus but couldn't do it. I didn't mind the nakidity one bit  :P but there has to be a plot line to go along with it, for me at least.

If you only watch the first few episodes, I can see that being an issue.  I almost didn't continue, myself, but hung in there.  The plots started getting there after a few more and it became interesting.  The second season (only 6 episodes) became a back-story/prequel.  The third season picked up after the first.  Just finished that.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #806 on: April 02, 2017, 05:16:52 PM »
How could you possibly miss the plot? It was glaringly obvious:

1) Fight like a ninja in super- slow motion, splattering blood everywhere.
2) Neked people.
3) Talk about fighting.
4) Neked people (mutiple persons this time).
5) Neked people.
6) Closing credits.

What part did you have trouble with?

But seriously, it was not overly cerebral. It was not even very good but it was much, much better than most of the alternatives, which are unwatchable, at least to me.

When I was a kid, there were three networks and a couple of independent UHF channels; the networks continuously aired extremely formulaic, simple TV shows and most of them were junk. Now there are hundreds of channels, and after condensing the duplicates, triplicates and so forth, maybe 20 truly different channels but the percentage of garbage is even higher.

In 1961, Newton Minnow, then chairman of the FCC, said in a speech "....Keep your eyes glued to that set until the station signs off. I can assure you that what you will observe is a vast wasteland.". As the story goes, the FCC received over 100,000 letters asking what time and network the television show "Vast Wasteland" aired. I do not entirely agree with Mr. Minnow but he was most certainly not wrong. We (society) has chosen what we want to watch and it is mostly garbage IMO, and always has been so.

Brian

Hand of God is good.   

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #807 on: April 02, 2017, 05:47:38 PM »

2) Neked people.
3) Talk about fighting.
5) Neked people.
6) Closing credits.

LOL- You need to throw a few more "blood" lines in there!  Really....  'cause they just can't get enough.  But be fair; there were some interesting things going on, if you could wade through all the things mentioned above.  I will admit occasionally fast-forwarding through some of the sex and fight scenes to get to a story.  Of course, I also really wanted it to be like Rome (remember that one from HBO), but it is just nowhere near that level.

But seriously, it was not overly cerebral. It was not even very good but it was much, much better than most of the alternatives, which are unwatchable, at least to me.

I find it difficult to find things to watch.  There just isn't enough good stuff out there (and what there is, I typically have already seen and want more of it).

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #808 on: April 02, 2017, 06:42:01 PM »
The object of television is not to entertain you with quality programming. It's purpose is to lull you into a dazed stupor to cause you to be susceptible to the mind numbing commercials so that you will rush to Wally World and buy **** you neither want nor need.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #809 on: April 02, 2017, 08:03:45 PM »
The object of television is not to entertain you with quality programming. It's purpose is to lull you into a dazed stupor to cause you to be susceptible to the mind numbing commercials so that you will rush to Wally World and buy **** you neither want nor need.

And absent commercials (such as the case with Netflix and DVR recordings), that just leaves us with the dazed stupor.

Can I now admit I just watched three more hours of Sparticus and I am left fairly dazed?

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #810 on: April 03, 2017, 12:17:47 AM »
Oooh what am I watching?

Mainly

Emerald City
Broadchurch
Prime Suspect 1973

With a splattering of the Flash,Legends of Tomorrow & Agents of SHIELD

New Doctor Who should be here soon :)

Film wise the 2 most recent are "Dr Strange" and " Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children"
--
space reserved for humourous sig file

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #811 on: April 03, 2017, 04:15:37 AM »
I'm with you with the exception of Prime Suspect 1973.  I can't get it over here.  I have not liked Peter Capaldi as the Dr. so I haven't watched it much.  I'll probably tune in on the new series this Spring..
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #812 on: April 03, 2017, 04:22:02 AM »

2) Neked people.
3) Talk about fighting.
5) Neked people.
6) Closing credits.

What part did you have trouble with?

Brian

When you put it that way, I guess it was the closing credits that I had trouble with. Not one of them was neked, having sex, or was hacked to pieces. You call that good TV?

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #813 on: April 03, 2017, 04:24:12 AM »
Sounds like Game of Thrones.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #814 on: April 03, 2017, 04:24:59 AM »
When you put it that way, I guess it was the closing credits that I had trouble with. Not one of them was neked, having sex, or was hacked to pieces. You call that good TV?

Are you sure you did watch the credits?  They are stills, but bathed in blood!

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #815 on: April 03, 2017, 04:28:06 AM »

some people may call it fake TV ;)
--
space reserved for humourous sig file

Offline O.C.

« Reply #816 on: April 03, 2017, 05:13:49 AM »
Line of Duty
CARPE DIEM

KAWASAKI VERSYS 650

Offline Conrad

« Reply #817 on: April 29, 2017, 08:27:50 AM »
Anyone watch the movie Sausage Party?

Holy **** is this movie raunchy and non-PC!!!! It's also totally hilarious.    :rotflmao:

Here's a clip from the ending.

Warning, this is not a cartoon you want to be watching with young kids and this clip is NOT suitable for viewing at work.

Enjoy.

! No longer available 

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #818 on: April 29, 2017, 04:00:38 PM »
Anyone watch the movie Sausage Party?

Holy **** is this movie raunchy and non-PC!!!! It's also totally hilarious.    :rotflmao:

Here's a clip from the ending.

Warning, this is not a cartoon you want to be watching with young kids and this clip is NOT suitable for viewing at work.

Enjoy.

YESSSSS

I thought I posted when I watched it, but I'm not sure...

It IS going to be a cult standard for sure..
Decadent, but totally funny..m
And not for kids...

I've watched it a couple times more on Netflix, simply because... well, its funny as heck, and wayy off the chart on social acceptance...

When it first came out, and the movie ads for it were on the tv, I thought to myself..."that's just stupid, you can't name a movie sausage party... wth?"

Now I have to watch it again.. thanks..

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #819 on: April 29, 2017, 04:16:10 PM »
On another line, strangely someone defided to resurect the movie "Naked Lunch" from the bizzaro world, and its been showing recently on the "VICE" channle, on Sattelite,
I like this channle, it has everything I could hope for, on a nationally broadcast network, specifically aimed at getting rid of ridculous laws on stuff we did as kids... ok, POT laws... there, you ve it... plain and simple.. but let's not digress and take this to lockdown.. please... its not about that..

Naked Lunch, the Novel,  I read, and didn't really get the "vivid and full sense" of the writing, I may have been a bit contrived, as the novel was written a long while back, and frankly it was picked up in a second hand bookstore, as I thought it may have been erotica at its time.... meh... the book was, well, boring...
The movie however, was very interesting, and even tho its revues when released, were blah, I think today its an interesting piece... but it MUST be watched from beginning, to end, missing tidbits in the middle, start, or finish will result in a loss of understanding..

I rate it weird, with some undetermined meanings..
But it is well filmed...

Let's play "William Tell..."

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..