Author Topic: What are you watching?  (Read 303231 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: What are you watching?
« Reply #820 on: April 29, 2017, 04:41:28 PM »
Fargo and The Son.

Fargo went a bit too far for me in the second episode.... while I loved S1 and S2, this one is going to have to go a ways to redeem itself now. :-(  That episode went to places better left to the imagination IMO and I am one who walks pretty close to the line of 'good taste'. :-)

The Son: not sure about this one yet. But it is an interesting period piece, and for those interested, it brings a lot of 'genuine' 1915 era firearms to the table. Pierce Brosnan does not even make a bad Texan, at least from a Yankee's point of view :-)

Waiting with baited breath for the next installment of 'The Alien' franchise too. After a somewhat disappointing Prometheus, the good Mr. Scott is supposed to tie this next one into the Alien franchise much better with this next outing. Being a huge fan of both Alien and Aliens (two very different movies made by two very different people; both excellent but not comparable IMO), I am hoping Ridley Scott can 'pull the bacon out of the fire' with the next one. He apparently has several more pieces to this series planned, and there is no doubt the man can make an outstanding film but he is coming up on 80 yrs. old and I personally think he should close the circle in this next version. No disrespect meant but we are all mortal.

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #821 on: April 29, 2017, 04:45:58 PM »
Not familiar with any of those other than Doctor Who, and I am only distantly familiar with that one (and I do not get it). This is a perfect example of two people speaking the same language (sort of, more or less) but with significantly different cultures.

That said, we watched "The Fall", which I believe was produced in the UK, and it was excellent.

Brian

Oooh what am I watching?

Mainly

Emerald City
Broadchurch
Prime Suspect 1973

With a splattering of the Flash,Legends of Tomorrow & Agents of SHIELD

New Doctor Who should be here soon :)

Film wise the 2 most recent are "Dr Strange" and " Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children"
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #822 on: April 30, 2017, 12:15:10 AM »
Not familiar with any of those other than Doctor Who, and I am only distantly familiar with that one (and I do not get it). This is a perfect example of two people speaking the same language (sort of, more or less) but with significantly different cultures.

That said, we watched "The Fall", which I believe was produced in the UK, and it was excellent.

Brian

Odd as Flash, Legends, SHIELD an Emerald city are all American
--
space reserved for humourous sig file

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #823 on: April 30, 2017, 08:36:14 AM »
Yeah but there are lots of things American I am not familiar with either.  ;)

Brian

Odd as Flash, Legends, SHIELD an Emerald city are all American

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #824 on: May 02, 2017, 05:14:21 PM »
I watch all the UK shows I can find as I find that UK cinematographers put the US ones in Kindergarten class.  Currently watching Shetland on Netflix.  Also watching Fargo and just found out Into the Badlands is on as well.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #825 on: May 03, 2017, 04:42:02 AM »
I watch all the UK shows I can find as I find that UK cinematographers put the US ones in Kindergarten class.  Currently watching Shetland on Netflix.  Also watching Fargo and just found out Into the Badlands is on as well.

Into The Badlands has some of the best fight scenes ever!   :thumbs:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #826 on: May 03, 2017, 09:11:05 AM »
The first season was better. Lately I feel like they have too many wire-work flying shots that begin to ruin it for me. Plus, how many black eyed people are they going to reveal. I thought the kid was supposed to be special.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline Conrad

« Reply #827 on: May 04, 2017, 04:51:13 AM »
The first season was better. Lately I feel like they have too many wire-work flying shots that begin to ruin it for me. Plus, how many black eyed people are they going to reveal. I thought the kid was supposed to be special.

Maybe that's why I liked it, I stopped watching after the first season.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #828 on: May 13, 2017, 07:49:52 AM »
What We Do In The Shadows

Funny, funny, funny!!!      :rotflmao:

Check it out.

! No longer available

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #829 on: May 15, 2017, 07:56:30 AM »
Into The Badlands has some of the best fight scenes ever!   :thumbs:

I just finished season 1. Kill Bill meets The Postman.

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #830 on: May 17, 2017, 08:38:17 AM »
Season one was fantastic. I'll be interested to hear what you think about subsequent seasons. I feel the fighting fell off in quality.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #831 on: May 18, 2017, 08:46:54 AM »
Season one was fantastic. I'll be interested to hear what you think about subsequent seasons. I feel the fighting fell off in quality.

Only season one was listed in Netflix.

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #832 on: May 18, 2017, 09:51:50 AM »

Ah Netflix, I didn't know.
Yes season 2 is airing now.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #833 on: May 18, 2017, 06:07:45 PM »
Yeah, just as well- that went down the drain like the proverbial flush.... You are not missing anything by not seeing season 2 IMO: I have season 2 and stopped watching a bunch of episodes ago.

Brian

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #834 on: May 19, 2017, 08:05:22 AM »
I believe that they upped for a third season..
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #835 on: May 19, 2017, 08:43:32 AM »
Yeah, just as well- that went down the drain like the proverbial flush.... You are not missing anything by not seeing season 2 IMO: I have season 2 and stopped watching a bunch of episodes ago.

Brian

Agreed, it just was not as good as season 1, but I plan to finish season 2.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #836 on: May 28, 2017, 03:39:57 PM »
Black Mirror.

Strange series (not in a bad way, just very.... different). It almost reminds me of an extreme twist on the Twilight Zone but all the episodes I have seen are based on current and / or future technology somehow. Also odd in that it seems to have started as an purely English show (British- actors, settings, language, culture, etc.) but has become more and more American as it moves forward.

Another stange thing is that there are all different numbers of episodes per year; some have three, some one and others more than three. ??

Anyway, I cannot tell if I like it or not yet but I do not hate it and it certainly is a very different than the usual formulaic junk thrown at us over and over and over, without being too weird to follow (read: something David Lynch would make.... anything David Lynch would and has made).

Brian

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #837 on: May 28, 2017, 05:35:14 PM »
The number of episodes per 'season' is a UK thing, I think.  It's all over the place.

Offline O.C.

« Reply #838 on: May 29, 2017, 02:10:12 PM »
I just watched my football (soccer to you guys) team (Huddersfield Town) win promotion the next seasons premiership and receive a £200 million pay off in the process....yeah really  :o   

I've also been watching bloody Rabbits eat our border plants...I feel a drastic solution coming on    :cannon:     
CARPE DIEM

KAWASAKI VERSYS 650

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #839 on: May 29, 2017, 03:13:44 PM »
Looking forward to Animal Kingdom returning soon.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"