Author Topic: Mirror mount cracking, anyone else notice?  (Read 6691 times)

Offline feelergaugephil

Re: Mirror mount cracking, anyone else notice?
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2012, 10:04:08 PM »
IT IS AN ISSUE WITH 2008's, I had both my 08's mirrors replaced with cracks, the reason they crack is the person (mechanic) that built it up from the crate tightened up the mirrors UNEVEN causing the crack issue.
Ive seen several 08's with the same issue, doesnt happen straight away, takes a few months to appear.
My 09 is fine (1st thing I checked).
Dont take my LOW post count as being a new Connie owner, I have been with the "other site" before it imploded........

13 Connie dressed in blue

Offline tbanzer

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2012, 06:04:22 AM »
Im looking for a number or contact with Kawasaki that I can speak with directly. Like I stated my dealer stated Kawasaki denied my
 request. My warrenty is due to expire in Two weeks 5-3-12. I tried the phone number in this thread bud id didnt connect to anything.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2012, 06:24:10 AM »
Try reading a couple of posts up....That's their customer service number. 
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline tbanzer

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2012, 07:26:42 AM »
Try reading a couple of posts up....That's their customer service number.
Thats the number I tried andit didnt go through to anything. Ill try again Monday.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2012, 07:46:05 AM »
Try this one....  949-460-5688.  That's their consumer service number.  They should be able to point you in the right direction.  The number I gave you was given to us some years back and may have changed.  Please let us know how you make out with this.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline tbanzer

« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2012, 06:34:03 PM »
Update on mirror warrenty. I got ahold of Kaw customer servive a few days ago and they said that the claim stated the bike must have been tied down improperly. So today I went back to the dealer and told them what the Kaw rep had stated. The dealer rep said he never made that comment and dont know where that came from. So I call the Kaw customer service number whle I was at the dealer to get us all on the same page because I wasnt taking no for an answer. I could see no good reason why I should be responsible for these mirrors cracking under normall use. After some time Kaw agreed to replace the Mirrors.

Offline okxd45

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2012, 05:24:27 PM »
While I was getting my recall work done, I showed the dealer my right cracked mirror. I explained that I never dropped it and the crack had been there from early on. He said he would call momma kawa and get back with me. A week later he called and said they hadn't had a lot of calls on the mirrors (I had explained the theory of improper installation), but they said they would warranty it anyway! Couldn't believe it!   
Jeff
"Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under 't." Macbeth Quote (Act I, Scene V).
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." (Matthew 10:16 NIV)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2012, 04:26:25 AM »
While I was getting my recall work done, I showed the dealer my right cracked mirror. I explained that I never dropped it and the crack had been there from early on. He said he would call momma kawa and get back with me. A week later he called and said they hadn't had a lot of calls on the mirrors (I had explained the theory of improper installation), but they said they would warranty it anyway! Couldn't believe it!

Mark at Kawa must be on vacation.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn